One Month Till FAWM!!!!

Skip to the bottom

• @metalfoot  Jan 1

I'm SO EXCITED!
    Let's do this!
    (Of course, this thread will be wiped in the forum refresh, but so it goes...)

What's your plan for FAWM this year?

I'm hoping to start on my "Metalfoot Sings The Periodic Table" set of albums... one song for every element...

• @sw1n3flu  Jan 1

that's a lot of songs!!!

• @pearlmanhattan  Jan 1

Yes!!! Come on, February!!

• @metalfoot  Jan 1

@sw1n3flu I did say 'start' on it. No chance I'm finishing during FAWM. Ain't nobody got time for that. πŸ˜€

• @guatecoop  Jan 1

I’m getting very excited and I know that it will be here much sooner than I think. I’ve been preparing and still have more to arrange to be ready, however songs are popping into my head like crazy. This always happens right before FAWM.

• @tcelliott  Jan 1

Same here, guatecoop... but I've found I have to go with it. If I try to bottle it up I end up damming up the river of creativity. But that's just me.

• @hummingbear Jan 1

@metalfoot Finally, the Periodic Table project is coming to fruition!

@guatecoop and @tcelliott Surely if you start creating now the well won't run dry before the end of February?

• @donna  Jan 1

I'm especially excited, because I can feel the Muse edging closer, and I'm sure I'll manage to get a few lyrics done, probably by way of skirmishes for at least a couple of them. (I didn't write a thing during the last 50-90 - was so busy with other endeavours/commitments.)

• @w1n  Jan 1

I can hardly wait, I have more free time this year. Lot of ideas and concepts for what I want to do, but I will probably forget all about them as soon as the rush of FAWM kicks in.

• @andygetch  Jan 2

Hope to participate in more FAWM songwriting games. Haven't had any rushing inspirations yet except I have a farmers market gig on Feb. second. So my annual groundhog day song could be an improv, which I strayed from doing any last year. I have scribbled down a few title/theme ideas and still have a few dozen leftovers from 2018. @metalfoot ooooh could the periodic project arc across challenges and be mashup collab fodder?

• @bachelorb  Jan 2

I am not kidding you.... we schedule our winter travel around this..... my wife rolls her eyes, but I will be next to the ol Tascam 312b on Feb 1!!!!!

• @guatecoop  Jan 2

@hummingbear you are right. The well won’t run dry, but I like to starve myself from writing new things for a bit so I just can’t stand it anymore. Then FAWM begins!

• @edwardsmusic Jan 2

As stated on the "FAWM 2019 goals? Inspiration?" I plan to do a concept album about communication and friendship. I hope this time my plan actually comes to fruition, instead of half-formed ideas.
    Also, this year I actually intend on commenting on songs DURING the challenge. Last year I commented on songs weeks or even months after February ended, and I got up to the triple digits but received little to no fanfare.

• @tcelliott  Jan 2

I got an idea today for a... umm story/album about a vampiric apocalypse, end of times type of story based on my most recent songfight submission. Not sure I'll pursue it, but it's an idea.

• @lvgd09  Jan 2

I need 2 more weeks of strumming my acoustic guitar before my fingers will be ready to burn some leads with my fender. Yes, I'm coming off a long music drought and I may be ready this year. First, the guitar hands need a tune-up. Second, my recording process needs a tune-up. Finally, I can't wait until FAWM starts.

• @fuzzy  Jan 2

@bachelorb; me too; I'm trying to convince my wife that early March is a much better time to travel than some time in February.

• @nuj4x Jan 2

I'm more than likely just going to make a bunch of silly songs to make you all laugh. My NuJ4X songs take too long to assemble to really show anything during FAWM I've decided. So hopefully I'll have ya'll laughing all month long.

• @tesla3090  Jan 2

It's always great to see the forum filling up again! I'm not sure how I'm going to handle the anticipation though. 30 days is too long.

• @tuneslayer2018  Jan 2

@metalfoot I will be impressed if you can come up with a song for ytterbium. Even more so if you can work the words "monazite, euxenite, and xenotime" into it.

@nuj4x Nothing wrong with silly songs. In fact I'd like to write a few more of those myself as opposed to the ones that make me cry at work -- but I hasten to say, I will be grateful for whatever Euterpe blesses me with.

• @tuneslayer2018  Jan 2

I suspect my trajectory for FAWM 2019 will follow a path similar to last year's:

β€’ Dink around on the banjo and mess with Band In A Box for about three weeks
    β€’ Go to Conflikt (a gathering of geeky nerdy musicians that happens the last weekend in January), hang around with a bunch of my friends and get all inspired an' stuff
    β€’ Hit the ground running on the 1st and crank out 14 songs of varying degrees of quality
    β€’ Slack off for the rest of the year. I'd like to think I won't do this last one but experience suggests that I do some of my best writing when faced with an external deadline (self-imposed ones don't seem to count)

• @courtneyrae Jan 2

Now that we are a month away i think I'm going to try to do some sort of outline for the album. Since this year i actually have a specific time period (2017) that I'm going to focus on I would like to try to go into fawm with the same type of planning that would for Nanowrimo. My fear, however, is that i wont be able to stop myself from actually writing the songs instead of just outlining them.

• @metalfoot  Jan 2

@tuneslayer2018 I have no doubt I'll be able to come up with a song for all of them. My brain is just the right amount of broken for that. LOL

• @toms  Jan 2

My plan is to have no plan! πŸ˜€ How did we get to January so quickly?!

• @benbarden Jan 2

Here we go again! πŸ˜€

• @acousticmaddie  Jan 3

I hope to finish what I Started during 50/90 (The story of headless soldier bay) so I need 5-6 own songs (to finish the album) and hopefully some collabs. Altough I will be traveling 2 out of 4 weeks and one of them in the swedish mountains with one of my dog without any connection (Or recording capabilities)

• @nuj4x Jan 3

@tuneslayer2018 - I hear ya! It just takes me so long to get my main project works off the ground because I sit and debate for a long period of time. I'm getting faster and better with that, but won't be able to put out anything truly "NuJ4X" for February minus maybe posting the next single I'm putting out if I decided to do that. But I can whip up silly songs that are fun to listen too pretty easily and FAWM was a lot of fun for me last year so I'd like to have that fun again this year 😁

I'm hoping I can lure @sapient into making another EDMetal collaboration with me. I've had a lot of time to think, reflect, and listen to last year's collaboration and I have some insane ideas I'm dying to share with him if he'll agree to another collaboration 😁

• @atitlan  Jan 3

FAWM again already? Didn't we just finish Rocktober?

I'll be back again this year, but won't zero out again like I did last - thankfully 50/90 got me writing again so I'll be aiming for 14 this time even if a significant number have to be instrumental.

• @torniojaws  Jan 3

Going to be back as usual πŸ˜€ Maybe focusing more towards electronics this time around. Looking forward to some more songwriting, as most of 2018 was spent in recording and mixing for a release. Will be fun to have some creative juice flowing again πŸ˜€

• @jamesstaubes  Jan 3

What's up FAWMers! I'll be back for FAWM #7 this year. Looking forward to it!

• @mdavisto  Jan 4

Hello lovely FAWMily. So good to see so many familiar faces in this thread.

I bought a guitar last week. Also I've been listening to a lot of brutal drum and bass. What will happen? Who knows?

• @johnstaples  Jan 4

So exciting to see all of you wonderful FAWMers in this thread! This will be my 7th FAWM but my first seems like just yesterday. I have no idea yet how I will do FAWM this year. For 50/90 I mainly did skirmishes and may do that again as free time is so rare for me right now. But I will get my 14 at least!

• @torniojaws  Jan 4

@mdavisto Well, it will be brutal Doom & Brass 😁

• @tootoobee  Jan 4

I'm soo excited πŸ˜€ and can't wait. But also a bit anxious. I haven't written anything since last FAWM and too many things going on in my other life 😞 . So I just hope to get to 14 new songs/recordings this FAWM. And I hope I can join a FOP πŸ˜€

• @mdavisto  Jan 6

@torniojaws ... that's a bit brilliant. Well done, I'm nicking that.

• @axl  Jan 6

I'm also getting excited again, even if this is my 12th (?) year.

• @mishykatz  Jan 6

Yay my third year, had fabulous time in '17 and '18, '19 gonna be even better!!! I love you FAWM'rs

• @ianuarius  Jan 6

I've got plans. BIG plans! But maybe none of them will come true. I'll keep you posted. 😁

• @vegansongs Jan 6

I don't have my trusted keyboard arranger anymore..So sad. I can try to do a bare bones fawm this time around. Just me and guitar. We'll see.

• @courtneyrae Jan 7

Woot! I just finished my album outline... Sort of. Myplan was to work on an album that would be simply called "2017"as it would encompass all of the craziness (and i mean that literally) that i went through that year chronologically. Well i finished outlining 14 songs and I'm only as far as June...
    So i think the knew title will be "2017 Part 1: My Descent into Maddness" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜­πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…

• @cts  Jan 7

I have some ideas. I'm hoping to produce songs for other FAWMers this time around. More collabs! Yay!

• @natrin Jan 9

Can't wait for FAWM 2019!

• @nuj4x Jan 9

@cts I'm always down to collab 😁

• @kirrivath Jan 10

I hope to listen more this year.

• @johnstaples  Jan 10

@cts, I'm looking to try and up my game with songs that have more punch and modern pop techniques and stylings. I'd be delighted for any production help on such a goal!

• @crisp1  Jan 10

Great to see so many familiar names. I hope we're all going to get along FAWMously! Been keeping lyric ideas in a special FAWM notebook and am raring to get at 'em. And hoping once they're written that they're good enough to inspire all the musicians here.

• @cts  Jan 10

@nuj4x - then brother, I’m scribbling ideas in my notebook cause we’re gonna do it!

• @cts  Jan 10

@johnstaples - We’re gonna be two jelly-makin’ mothertruckers!

• @pcob1993  Jan 10

I have a six-foot piece of paper from a roll spread and taped across a narrow desk and it's already covered in hieroglyphic notes, ink-stains, blood sweat and tears and the red rings left by many's the wine glass since Christmas. (Ouch.....) I'm again so honoured to be in the fine company of you gentlemen and ladies... Roll on Feb...... and yes, collab sounds fab, it even rhymes...... go to it, jelly-making mothertruckers...
    love y'all

• @nuj4x Jan 10

@cts hell yeah! I'd love to give you stems of some light EDM work....whatever comes pouring out of my brain and I'd love to send the stems to you, and then you add some "Jelly Factory" funk to it!

I want to make something super fun with you and I've literally been WAITING every day for FAWM to come back so I could try and collab with you because I feel like with both of our musical prowess...we could make something LEGENDARY!

• @sph  Jan 10

Reading all this makes me smile! Have to dust off some guitars...

• @splittybooms  Jan 10

(diabolical hands)

• @lvgd09  Jan 10

I've been playing every day this week and my hands are starting to get tough again. Not there yet but I expect I will be playing lead guitar in another week or two. That always matters on songs that I actually sing on the track. I've always been that way where I won't sing unless there is a guitar somewhere in the song. All that said, I'm still not sure if I should produce full demos or simply post rough draft. I could tell you a lot about the difference you may not know but I'll let it go for now.

• @inkflow Jan 24

Just installed Reason on my work computer so I can hammer out drum patterns while on my lunch break. I've finished a ~16 page, 12 part story that is going to serve as the core of my FAWM experience and I'm almost done creating the artwork for each track 😁

Excited for this year! #SpaceForce

• @cblack  Jan 24

Looking forward to FAWM more than ever before. Let's do this thing!

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...