I wanna do a collab album

Skip to the bottom

• @ianuarius  Dec 30

Come one, come all. 2019 FAWM is going to be full of songwriting for me and as a new, fun challenge, I'm going to make a collab album.

So, if anyone here wants to collaborate with me, come say hi in the Slack chat. šŸ˜€

• @ianuarius  Dec 31

Ohh yeah so I meant like one song per friend!

• @johnstaples  Dec 31

This seems like a good idea. If everyone involved promoted the album it might help it get more plays. I think @stephenwordsmith did something like this one year.

• @tcelliott  Dec 31

@stephenwordsmith has done like three albums like that, I think.

• @ianuarius  Dec 31

@johnstaples Oh yeaahh! I didn't even think about that. Would be great for promotion.

By the way, does anyone remember that thread about collaboration contracts etc. when it comes to monetisation and that? I haven't been able to do many collabs in the past few years, but now would be a great time for that.

Also, I'm a very systematic guy. I like finding ways that I can batch processes etc. So, now I'm thinking what would be the optimal way to find the right... chemistry with each person that I'm collaborating with. Maybe some type of theme for the album would be nice, so there are already some limitations in place when starting with it. To set the tone, you know.

• @stephenwordsmith Jan 8

I've done four: https://stephenwordsmith.bandcamp.com/

And I've got half a dozen spaces on the upcoming fifth album to fill this year - and you're all welcome to take part!

• @pearlmanhattan  Jan 8

@ianuarius and @stephenwordsmith ... yes please.

• @stephenwordsmith Jan 9

@pearlmanhattan: I've already pencilled 88 Hours in as the album closer šŸ˜€

• @mikeskliar  Jan 9

might just have to šŸ˜€

• @pearlmanhattan  Jan 9

@stephenwordsmith oh WOW thank you!!!! I am quite fond of that one.

• @nuj4x Jan 9

Iā€™m down to collab always šŸ˜€

• @erbaer  Jan 13

if there's an open spot, I'm up for the challenge.

• @cairobraga  Jan 14

I wanna try that, yes!

• @cairobraga  Jan 14

and you should also listen to all of the @stephenwordsmith collab albums, they're insanely good!!!

• @ianuarius  Jan 14

I'd be happy to work with everyone interested here! I'd urge all of you to check out the Slack chat. I'm not quite sure how the invites to that work. @tcelliott can you help, please?

• @tcelliott  Jan 14

I just posted a thread about the slack chat with an invite link... but here it is in case it's more convenient:

http://myneighborerrol.com/wp-login.p...

• @ianuarius  Jan 15

Thanks a bunch @tcelliott !

We were talking with @nuj4x about how I wanted to take a vacation in 1992 and then he suggested that we make our collab song about that which is an insanely good idea. So good in fact that I was thinking about maybe making the whole collab album about a trip to 1992. Each song could highlight something about the trip to way back when.

How does that sound?

• @kahlo2013  Jan 15

Would love to!

• @nuj4x Jan 15

@ianuarius I love the idea of an entire collab album about a trip back to 1992. Killer idea bro! Out of our conversation was born a winner!

• @mctown Jan 20

cool

• @leepat  Jan 20

@ianuarius I could use a trip back to 1992 šŸ˜€
    (And I'm big fan of collabs)
    Also i could use a rest on @stephenwordsmith 's lyrical laurels any time!

• @sph  Jan 21

1992 - I visited at least one big concert back then. Sounds like an interesting journey back in time.

• @mikegtz  Jan 21

This sounds like fun. In 1992 I was living in Dorchester (part of Boston), Mass.

• @musicsongwriter Jan 21

I'd like to join if my way of recordings and style would fit.
    Nadia

• @cairobraga  Jan 22

M.I.A. once asked this question in a song: "where were you in '92?"

my answer is: I was 1, then I turned 2 on the last day of September.

I should just join the slack chat, hehehe.

• @bithprod Jan 24

I'm here if you need/want me. šŸ˜€

• @thetau  Jan 25

Wow looks like all the old timers are Putting their heads together. Accumulative Creative power could only be a good thing. You Got my vote

• @reklov Jan 25

Why '92? 1993 would be more "round", just like a 25-year-anniversary.

• @reklov Jan 25

...oh shit! I forgot that it's already 2019 now!
    *shakingmyhead*

• @jamkar  Jan 26

Yes please!

• @cicpisces Jan 28

Lets collab away. šŸ˜€

• @ianuarius  Jan 28

Hey everyone! @jamkar @cicpisces @bithprod @musicsongwriter @mikegtz @leepat @sph @nuj4x @kahlo2013 @cairobraga @erbaer @mikeskliar @pearlmanhattan

Awesome that there's so much interest for this! Thank you everyone for your replies. Sorry, I've been busy setting up FAWMtalk, and I'm not very good at organizing projects with a lot of people like this... but I really hope we can get stuff done. šŸ˜

I still think that http://fawm.slack.com would be the best way for a collaboration, so that we can have a discussion about the songs and so on. I live in Finland so I'm around at weird hours. Please, leave a direct message to me at Slack and we can go from there. Sound good?

If you can't do the Slack, then let's figure out some other way, yeah?

Can't wait for February!

• @bithprod Jan 29

@ianuarius Looks like we need an invitation or something to join.

• @ianuarius  Jan 29

@bithprod You can use this link šŸ˜€
    http://myneighborerrol.com/wp-login.p...

• @bithprod Feb 3

I'm in, but I have no idea how to use this.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...