Songwriting Cards

Skip to the bottom

• @ianuarius  Nov 23

I just dropped the price for Bard Cards. So, it's now the perfect time to get them!

1) Challenge yourself with fun prompts!
    2) Encourages you to write new types of songs.
    3) Excellent for FAWM and 50/90.
    4) Perfect gift for songwriting friends (who might not use the Internet).
    5) Now cheaper than ever. $24.99.

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/...

Now is a great time to treat yourself or your friends with a cool Christmas present.
    You'll have it ready and loaded for FAWM 2019.

• @donna  Dec 2

The cards look wonderful, @ianuarius. 😀 I've looked at them a couple of times over the months. But as they're primarily for musicians, I doubt I'd make much use of them.

But if you ever create a set with lyricists in mind... 😉

• @ianuarius  Dec 6

@donna I definitely will, if I sell enough of these. That's the next thing on my list. 😀

• @donna  Dec 6

@ianuarius, so pleased to hear that. 😀

• @ianuarius  Dec 11

Oh, if anyone's wondering what the cards are like or how to use them, Pearl Manhattan made a really wonderful video about them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG9LP...

• @mikeskliar  Dec 11

I ordered a set last week- so look, perhaps for some 'bard card-inspired' songs from me in 2019!

• @ianuarius  Dec 25

Thanks for everyone who ordered again! I can see a bunch of cards leaving the shop again. 😀

• @mikeskliar  Dec 26

just got mine the other day! haven't 'used' them yet, but I'm sure i will!

• @johnstaples  Dec 27

I bought a set for myself as a Christmas present!

• @ianuarius  Dec 30

@johnstaples and @mikeskliar, hope you enjoy them!

I'm thinking that I might do a little boosters with like 18 new cards in them every year. That's not too huge of a commitment and we could keep the game evolving. The boosters would cost around 5 dollars.

Let me know if you have ideas or something you'd like to see.

• @ianuarius  Dec 31

The first booster would obviously be about lyrics writing, because @donna has actively been asking for them and I really want to do it. 😀

I seem to have deleted all the plans I made with the original cards for some reason. But uhh... ok so 18 cards. I'm not a big lyrics writer. But they obviously require themes and also some additional lyrics-specific prompts.

• @donna  Dec 31

@ianuarius, thank you. 😀 Possibilities for lyrics-specific themes are endless.

I can send you a few ideas later if you like. I'm sure other lyric writers would be glad to chime in as well. 😉

Would the lyrics-specific cards be available separately as a bundle?

• @ianuarius  Dec 31

@donna The lyrics-specifics cards would only be a small 18-card pack. Of course, if I later make more of them, like... another two expansions, I could sell all three of them as one deck. But that's like few years from now. I still stress that the cards, as is, would also work for lyrics, as they offer random themes for you to pick from. But these 18 cards would have specified tasks for lyrics only.

• @donna  Dec 31

@ianuarius Okey-doke. 😉

• @johnstaples  Dec 31

@ianuarius, based on a first glance at my new cards, I think they are already wonderful for lyrics! When you think about it, most skirmish prompts are short and often a single word and we have plenty of lyricists participating in those skirmishes. So the card title and theme are perfect for that. Some lyrics-specific cards would be great but I think it works nicely as-is too!

• @ianuarius  Jan 8

I think there's still time to get the cards in time for FAWM if you order quickly. 😀

• @pearlmanhattan  Jan 16

Bard cards, get them!! I love my bard cards.

• @timfatchen  Jan 16

I've been using my inferior free copy but i STILL intend to get the full set. (got to be a better way--mail to Oz makes costs soar).

• @mikeskliar  Feb 7

giving this a bump- wrote something this morning very quickly using two of the bard cards I picked at random.... when i post, i guess i'll tag it 'bardcards' ? anyone else use it yet?

• @alyxanderjames  Feb 7

@mikeskliar I've written two with them so far this FAWM! Tagged them #bard-cards.

• @ianuarius  Mar 26

If I could ask a little additional favor of the people who have purchased the cards...

It would mean a lot to me, if you could drop even a one word review of the cards on TheGameCrafter. I feel like positive reviews could reassure people who are not sure about buying a pack. And if your experience was negative, then that's valuable too.

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/...

Thank you kindly! 😀

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...