My new quarantine jazz album!

Skip to the bottom

• @smileymn 3 weeks

I had a great FAWM session this year, but before that I recorded a jazz quintet record of my own music in October. It’s finally finished and released so if you’re interested there’s a link to stream the audio:

https://mattsmiley.bandcamp.com/album/crankbait

The majority of these tunes were written after covid hit and we were in lockdown.

• @quork  3 weeks

Hey Matt, just listening to the first song now. Sounds fantastic. Was this five of you recording in isolation, or did you get into the studio together? High quality studio recording, to be sure. I'm loving the saxes (and trumpet). Unfortunately, my earbuds don't do any justice to the low end, but I'll check it out with good headphones at home. Congratulations. Very cool.

• @dzdandcunfsd  3 weeks

Very cool! just caught the first two tracks for now, but will definitely give the rest a listen later, basically same reasoning as quork. I'm not listening on a good stereo or headphones right now.

Really enjoyed those first two, I'm going to lean towards you guys actually got some time together in the studio, or else the poor engineer of this deserves a raise and just did about 500 hours of copy/pasting 🀣. First two sound really great, and is just the kind of hanging on the edge of chaos kind of jazz I enjoy the most.

• @quork  3 weeks

@dzdandcunfsd "hanging on the edge of chaos". I like that, and agree, and definitely listenable.

• @ustaknow 3 weeks

@smileymn hello, - first I've come to know about you! πŸ˜€ And, you're here since 2016! Way to call attention to yourself! πŸ˜€

I clicked around quite a bit all over your stuff, quick like, - and while I observe that you don't comment, concerning comment, I'll anyway comment a comment that πŸ˜‰
    - Have you ever considered collaborating with someone 180 degrees from what you do as an academic exercise for the purpose of seeing, -
    a) affect/effect on your music, and/or
    b) how much studio furniture you could break throwing it at each other? πŸ˜‰

• @mikeskliar  2 weeks

@smileymn - listening to the jazz album now- wow, nice stuff!

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...