Freinds, FAWMers, lend me your ears! (please)

Skip to the bottom

• @wolfkier 3 weeks

I had a great FAWM, thanks to everyone who made that possible.
    Since March 1, I've been working on a huge project that may well continue through 50/90 and to the end of the year. I'd like to ask for a little help.
    I've selected my best/favorite 100 songs (out of 1600, over 15 years) that I'm working to remix, remaster, revise and in many cases completely rework, I'm calling it the WK100 project. It will underline and put to rest the the first 15 years of work I've put into this songwriting/production caper. So far I've touched 70 of those finalist track mixes and uploaded. I hope to go into FAWM22 with a clean palate (with no nagging guilt about songs never "finished") and much learned.
    If you have a few minutes spare on any given day, daily mixes are uploaded to this soundcloud playlist: https://soundcloud.com/wk21/sets/wk100
    Choose 1 track (or as many as you can stomach LOL) . Songs currently on the stove will have "mix04xx21" in the title. Songs past 90% will only have a project number eg "wk0xx"
    You can either add your mix/craft/performance feedback (too much this, too little that, etc) on the soundcloud timeline, or shoot me a quick email (wolfkier (AT) gmail). Preferred. Everything is considered seriously, some things implemented immediately, everything else added to the song's log for final checkoff.
    You can visit just one over the entire year or become an ongoing companion on the journey towards 100. A Couple brave FAWMers are already offering great input. ! 😀
    In exchange all I can do is offer to do the same for you at any time, email me a track or link and need a fresh set of ears on. Happy to help and reply quickly and honestly. Or you might ask "how did you do this or that on this track?.
    Anyway. A little kind help, in 3-4 minute increments, from people on the same road as me is much appreciated.
    All ears hear all things, I've always said. And my ears end every session shot to pieces.

• @gm7  3 weeks

I can do a few listens and honest comments

• @thedutchwidows  3 weeks

@wolfkier I will gladly have a listen over the next few months! Is it just the ones with ‘mix’ in the title that you want comments on and do you have a preference on whether comments are emailed or put on as public comments?

• @wolfkier 3 weeks

@thedutchwidows Thank you, my friend. email is better, so I have record of it, FAWM with close and soundcloud notes will disappear when next iteration is uploaded to list. Those with mix in title are currently open, but there's always room for a little extra on the ones marked with only (wk0xx) - 90% in the bag.
    @gm7 Thank you so much, email is wolfkier (@) gmail. DOT com

• @audrey  3 weeks

I won't be able to get to it until next week, but I'll listen to some of them and see if I can help out a bit. 😀

• @coolparadiso  3 weeks

Will listen to as many as i can.

• @katestantonsings 2 weeks

Absolutely, Wolf!! I'll email you this weekend regarding WK100!
    "All ears hear all things, I've always said. And my ears end every session shot to pieces." Love this!

• @fuzzy  2 weeks

OK, I've bookmarked your SoundCloud page.
    Can't promise anything, but I'm willing to give it a go!

• @davidtaro  2 weeks

1,600 songs 🤯... will have a listen and let you know if I have any constructive comments!

• @nadine 2 weeks

I might take a listen here and then. Good luck on your best of album!

• @nahlej381  2 weeks

Ayyyy I can jump on there!

• @rayboneor  2 weeks

I'm always happy to listen to some Wolf Kier songs. I don't know what I can bring beyond my oddball sense of taste. Some things move me. Some things don't. I never really think about production or the reasons why things work/don't work. Lots of times I listen to music with my wife and she's really grooving to something, just loving it--and I think: that is boring and hackneyed, etc. She doesn't need me bringing her down with my commentary, however. But sure, if you want my thoughts...I'll see what I can do 😀

• @sunnymae  2 weeks

So just to be clear for this complete dyslexic... the ones that are tagged with mix are the ones you want to have listened to or any of them? Happy to listen and comment my friend!

• @gm7  2 weeks

@rayboner spot on man. I hear something and it hits a chord with me..i can't always tell you why. Maybe the intro maybe the bassline it is always something different. I have an eclectic taste anyway, so from country to rap to RnB, blues, jazz

• @wolfkier 2 weeks

Thanks so much to everybody who's helping me out with this!!!!
    I'm just overwhelmed with the love and support! (and so is my inbox!)
    Keep it coming, please, It's helping so much to make an enourmous job so much easier! I can't believe I've got 39 tracks up and running in just a month at it! I'm so grateful! 😀

• @lenigmusx1  2 weeks

Wolf,

Sorry for the delay. I will check a few tunes out and send you email comments as well! Hope you are well.

• @wolfkier 1 week

FAWM's only open for a few more days. I'll be reposting the OP on the 50/90 forum for the earlybirds too.
    Anyone else want to adopt a clutch of these songs for the Spring and see them blossom? Takes a village. Really.
    Thanks again to all the kind ears.

• @wolfkier 1 week

Last call before the site closes tomorrow!
    Thanks to everyone who's participating so far. Great help!
    70 of the finalist 100 tracks are now in mix circulation: https://soundcloud.com/wk21/sets/wk100

• @coolparadiso  1 week

Have listened to a few will get back to you soon! i have the link put aside.

• @radiobenedetto  1 week

Happy to help with a few tracks on this.

• @robs  1 week

I'll take a look!

• @kathym  1 week

I haven't popped on much lately, but I'm going to copy the posting and see if I can check out a few.

• @wolfkier 1 week

Thanks so much @coolparadiso , @radiobenedetto @robs @kathym
    and everybody else lending an ear. Much, much appreciated!!! 😀

• @wolfkier 5 days

Last chance before site closes to get on the WK100 bus!
    So much good work being done, with so much help from everyone, 3 minutes of kindness at a time! 😀
    Thanks everyone for making this huge task so much more manageable! 😀

• @wolfkier 2 days

The first 25 tracks are now collected on their own soundcloud playlist ready for any final input and easy access. Nearly 6 weeks of work to get to this point! And includes almost every single note contributed from over 15 of you that are helping so much.
    Here's the link: https://soundcloud.com/wk21/sets/wk001-020
    The tracks span (all but 6) of the songs that survived and were developed from the period 2006-2012. The playtime is 1hr 15mins.
    Give em a spin while you're doing your workout, cooking dinner, walking your dog, enjoying the spring sunshine, and, please, drop me a line if you have any notes so that I can put this manageable first sectionof the WK100 collection to rest. wolfkier/gmail !!!!

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...