#tit4tat time?

Skip to the bottom

• @wolfkier 1 week

I've started this a few years now on both FAWM and 50/90.
    As the end of another FabFeb approaches you might be close to done and looking for folks to listen to (in a daunting sea of 10000+ songs) and, perhaps, looking for more folks to listen / comment on yours.
    * If you agree to reciprical listen/comments, chime in to this thread.
    * Check the list, go listen, in your comment include the hashtag #tit4tat. They visit you back.
    * You could use the tag to keep count. eg: #tit4tat1, #tit4tat2, etc.
    * This might be as little as 1 trade or continue for as many times as you have songs to trade or the mutual time/will to proceed.
    * tell a FAWM friend about this b4 they leave the site. They might deserve/need the listens and enjoy what they find that's new!

> In my case I have 7 to trade (happily) and for my part, I'll continue reciprocating through til the FAWM site closes April 14.

Also: to clarify, if you'd only like to do a certain number of exchanges, any number, just let the trading partner know in your first tit4tat initiating visit or reciprocal response. for example at the end of your song comment write :"#tit4tat1 - I'm good to go to x songs, what about you?" .

LIST OF PARTICIPANTS (30 so far, I'll add as people chime in to this thread)
    @bradbrubaker
    @mandolinda
    @gnashattack
    @theodamus
    @sailingmagpie
    @tunecat
    @wolfkier
    @mikeskliar
    @scottlake
    @wylddandelyon
    @kenmattsson
    @vivalarayna
    @nahlej381
    @carleybaer
    @coolparadiso
    @infilktion
    @sheilerk
    @kathym
    @sapient
    @wacha
    @ferry0123
    @richaaaay
    @dzdandcunfsd
    @davidtaro
    @lizbrinker
    @tckane
    @nuno
    @eargoggle
    @radiobenedetto
    @nadine

Let the feedback flow!

* oh, and besides this, please take a little time with ZONGS too if you can. Right now there's 190 to choose from, I'd love for this to be another ZONG free FAWM - we've done it before! Find ZONGS (songs with zero comments) here: https://fawm.org/songs/zongs

• @wolfkier 1 week

* Spare post if I need it for list of participants.

• @bradbrubaker  1 week

Always.

• @coolparadiso  1 week

Always enjoyed this and like you made some good friends doing this! And of course heard some awesome music!

• @wolfkier 1 week

And we're off to the reciprocal listening races!
    Thank you @bradbrubaker and @coolparadiso !
    Happy to report participants so far are true to their promise and have much that's yummy to trade. Anyone else want in?

• @mandolinda  1 week

This sounds like a splendid opportunity to learn more about making music.

• @metalfoot  1 week

I will do so!

• @gnashattack  1 week

Absolutely!

• @coolparadiso  1 week

I will have a crack at 6 from @gnashattack and @mandolinda hey @metalfoot alex we have done loads of each others so will leave that!

• @theodamus  1 week

I am still catching up on my reciprocating comments coz I've been focusing on zongs when I have spare moments, BUT I intend to continue my commenting mission through March so if you wanna #titfortat me BRING IT ON!

• @sailingmagpie  1 week

• @stephenwordsmith  1 week

Edit: Having re-read the instructions, I don't think this approach works for me. I am *not* in, but you lot have fun.

• @tunecat  1 week

Sounds good..

• @coolparadiso  1 week

i am a hopeless tagger i always forget! but i did listen to 6 by @wolfkier and he reciprocated and did 6 of @gnashattack and @mandolinda and @sailingmagpie - only listen i you can I enjoyed my listens anyway.
    I didnt do @metalfoot or @tunecat as we had Listened to lots of each others songs already!

• @wolfkier 1 week

I've created a list on the top post of participants. 9 so far. I've listened to at least one of everyone's so far, in some cases I've traded all 6 I had to trade. I heard songs I surely would not have enountered otherwise.Great stuff. Thanks to all and more welcome.
    I've also eidted and tried to be clearer with the idea in the top post. (sorry, got a little wordy, and propably confusing, the first time)

* @coolparadiso just to be clear *6* was the number I used in the opening post as my own example. I only have 6 songs this FAWM to trade, (as we did between ourselves happily yesterday) you could do 1 trade or up to as many as you have and mutually agree to with the trading partner one at a time.

• @coolparadiso  1 week

Yup i got it! 6 just seemed a good number to get a feel for someones music! And most people have six! So i stuck with it! If people cant make six back i already said thats ok!

• @mandolinda  1 week

Yup! I got it too! 6 at @wolfkier , and still listening to @coolparadiso and @bradbrubaker . As I listen, I am Googleing some technical methods and theory terms that you describe in your liner notes (so I can understand how you make your music). I have started a to-do list for the upcoming year.

• @wolfkier 1 week

@coolparadiso I'm sure many are grateful for your generous spirit with listening commening. Little wonder you are at over 800 (!) with the Century club. Thank you again for participating.
    @mandolinda Thank you also for your participation and excitement. Discovering your magical songs was one of the great pleasures of #tit4tat for me!
    More participants in this reciprocal listening group are always welcome!

• @wolfkier 5 days

BUMP: Anyone else want to join in?
    I've heard so much great stuff from this group so far.
    We're rolling into March. get on board!

• @bradbrubaker  3 days

Let the March listening begin!

• @scottlake 3 days

I think you can add me to the list but I’m not sure on the instructions. A little thick today.

• @mikeskliar  3 days

how does it work exactly? I have like 33 songs up, I don't expect anyone to listen to them all! (tho the ones marked with a 'heart'.. would love more comments on those, i guess!....

• @wylddandelyon 3 days

I can do that. I have bills to pay and tax paperwork to tackle, so I might be a little slow, but I'll get there.

• @wolfkier 3 days

@mikeskliar & @scottlake everyone in the list above has agreed to return a listen/comment. or to begin the trading.
    choose one or more from the list above, visit them, listen/comment and leave #tit4tat tag, by being on the list they've agreed they'll visit you back. Now that you'll both be on the list someone may choose you. It can happen once tit for tat, or continue tit for tat until you or your partner/s run out of songs/time stamina.
    If you leave the tag with a participant, expect a visit back, and continue as long as you want/can have songs to trade. If you see a tag, return the visit and continue trading at will.
    For example, in my case I only have 7 songs to trade.
    I'll add you both to the list.

@wylddandelyon Great thanks! Enjoy! I'll add you to the list as well.

• @kenmattsson  3 days

I'm up for feedback. Still a newbie, but happy to collab on giving feedback.

• @wolfkier 3 days

Great @kenmattsson I'll add you to the list as well. Some fine music to hear and some generous commenters to trade with. Enjoy!

• @kenmattsson  3 days

Þakka þér kærlega fyrir @wolfkier. Ég hlakka til að skoða nýja tónlist. Ég hef áður sungið á íslensku (og er vinur Margrétar Eir), en ég geri ráð fyrir að þú hafir öll skrif þín á ensku. Íslenska er frábært tungumál til að syngja á. Þetta er eins og að tyggja orð.

Hope Google translate did a good enough job on that!

• @wolfkier 3 days

@kenmattsson nom nom lol 😀

• @coolparadiso  3 days

thx for your comments @wolfkier i think ive done everyone here i can, a couple of people here i have already done loads of so am leaving them!1 Oh and by the way im not on 900 comments i am nearing 1100 the club is not been update for a few days

• @wolfkier 3 days

@coolparadiso thanks for your participation, if I read you right, I'll take you off the list.
    nearing 1100!!!! omg. You da beast! 😀

• @coolparadiso  3 days

I'm in if new people appear but i have done most here and the couple i have not I've listened to most of their songs already! i might owe Brad a few
    PS I am zonging as we speak! and still finding good stuff! but a fair few zongs have nothing on them so its pretty hard to do them all

• @wolfkier 3 days

See list of participants updated in top thread and maybe daily, so everyone gets a notification to get word out. Let the feedback flow!

• @kathym  3 days

I will be glad to participate. I already keep a scoresheet of every song I've listened to and already try to reciprocate for all who stop by my songs.

• @vivalarayna 3 days

I... think I'm doing this already? I always try to do reciprocal comments, but I'm happy to add my name to the list. Takk fyrir, @wolfkier!

• @wolfkier 3 days

@vivalarayna indeed, many people do this, I do to, repay every listen with a listen, but this 1) formalizes the process and 2) creates a pool of people you may not have encountered otherwise, who've promised to reciprocate. And there are some beauties here. I guarantee! My cheeks hurt from smiling so much just tonight! I hope you enjoy your reciprocal visiting here. I'll come pay you a visit within the next hour to get your ball rolling with me!

• @nahlej381  3 days

Oh nice! Cool thread! I’ll be around for a while listening and would love to trade thoughts and hear some cool tunes!

• @wolfkier 3 days

@nahlej381 Sure, welcome!!!! I'll add you to the list! So much talent here. Guaranteed and all on the list have been true to their word with reciprication I can vouch!

• @nahlej381  3 days

@wolfkier thank you very much! Looking forward to it!

• @carleybaer  3 days

I wanna #tit4tat tooooooo

• @wolfkier 3 days

@carleybaer I got ya. Added to list. There's some beauties in this bunch!!! I've been enjoying so much. Have at it!

• @infilktion 3 days

Add me to the list please!

• @wolfkier 3 days

@infilktion welcome aboard!

• @sheilerk  3 days

I'm in. It will be a pleasure, since I have wanted to visit so many on the list already, but didn't have the time in the week I've been onsite. I only have three that can be listened to on my list right now. The rest are lyrics only. Hoping to get a demo up that adds my voice and words to Nadia's beautiful music, but that's not up yet, though the lyrics are done. I always try to listen to at least one song from anyone who comments on one of mine anyway, and I need to got through and make sure I've done that before I start here, but this, along with the zong list, will make it easy to get some great listening in!

• @wolfkier 3 days

@sheilerk I agree. I'll add you to the top and updated lists! You'll love what you hear, I have so far, in spades! Enjoy!

• @sapient  3 days

The rules confuse me, but the idea of focused listening in March is one that I like very much. So count me in!

• @coolparadiso  3 days

@sapient bit like our old album listen challenge . Choose a person on the list just agree or just listen to a number of their songs and comment, most of us are choosing 6! Listen to six of that person and tag them tit for tat then they will listen to 6 of yours!

• @emkaydeebee  3 days

Whilst I always try and reciprocate listens if I can, at the same time I’m really averse to the pressure of having to listen to a set number. I’m going to be sticking around a while and listening some more, and keeping an eye on the - who’s still here - thread so I know the comments will be seen and appreciated, but such a formal “you must do this” will be the quickest thing to make me want to leave it this year. I know that’s fine and each to their own, I’m just hoping that those of us who just want to continue commenting as we find them, don’t get missed because we haven’t signed up to this formal setup. It can also leave one feeling that someone only commented because they are looking to get one back. I’d rather feel someone commented because they were moved to do so.

• @wolfkier 3 days

several new people:

See LIST OF PARTICIPANTS (25 so far) at the very top of this thread.

Let the comments flow.

Also: to clarify, if you'd only like to do a certain number of exchanges, any number is good, just let the trading partner know in your first tit4tat initiating visit or reciprocal response. for example at the end of your song comment write :"#tit4tat1 - I'm good to go to x songs. What about you?" .

• @wacha  3 days

I'm in, I was planning on listening well into March. I'll stay and comment as long as there are other folks here to listen and see the comments.

• @wolfkier 3 days

@wacha I'll add you to top and latest list, welcome aboard .Happy #tit4tat ing!

• @kenmattsson  2 days

If anyone is going to come by and check out my songs, the one that I'd really like some feedback on is https://fawm.org/songs/124668/, which was a collab with @kahlo2013. It was my last song, and not too many people heard it. I think it's one of my strongest songs, so if anyone could give a listen I'd appreciate it.

• @ferry0123 2 days

I'm in for reciprical listen/comments too. You can count me in, Wolf!

• @wolfkier 2 days

@ferry0123 added you to the lists, my friend. Oh boy, are you in for some treats in this group. My head's spinning from the great stuff I've heard so far, and folks here will like what they hear from you too! 😀

• @richaaaay  2 days

I'm game for some tit4tat...

• @wolfkier 2 days

@richaaaay Welcome aboard. I've added you to the top post and the latest update post. Some great stuff here, thanks for bringing more yummy to the party! Enjoy! 😀

• @dzdandcunfsd  1 day

Count me in 😁

• @metalfoot  1 day

I will be getting back at this, have been concentrating on the zongs at the moment!

• @wolfkier 1 day

Thanks and welcome @dzdandcunfsd . And still more magic enters the #tit4tat fray! I know you'll enjoy what you'll find here.
    I added you to the top list and I'll post an updated new list in the coming hours so all participants have it on their timelines handy!
    hope everyone's enjoying so far, I know I am, almost 100 comments/listens in just 3 days. And wow, the music! 😀

• @dzdandcunfsd  1 day

@wolfkier I know I was already blown away at the quality of stuff this year in the first week or so, but after digging around more I just keep continually being surprised, you'd think I'd be over it by now 🤣

• @nahlej381  1 day

Ya this thread is great so far. I heard so many cool songs from everyone here. Great players great writers great singers and producers we have an interesting mix going here and I want to work with pretty much all of y’all so I will bug you incessantly!!!!! I kid. But bleach my blonde, I love FAWM.

• @davidtaro  1 day

Sign me up please @wolfkier ! Been looking for a way to keep the listening & interactions going, and this seems perfect. Cheers 😀

• @wolfkier 1 day

@davidtaro More magic just entered the fray! Thank you for participating.

• @lizbrinker  1 day

Am I too late to the party? @wolfkier

• @kenmattsson  1 day

I can tell you all, you want to check @lizbrinker's songs. They are wonderful. I've already commented on most of them throughout the month.

• @wolfkier 22 hours

@lizbrinker Indeed you are not, I'll add you to the list at top, and publish another updated list a little later so everyone has a list handy on their soundboard. @kenmattsson Indeed,more magic just entered the fray!
    Now we are 26!
    If anyone can think of someone they know who'd benefit from listens/listening please invite them b4 they leave FAWM.

• @tckane 21 hours

I would like to participate too!

• @wolfkier 21 hours

Welcome to the #tit4tat @tckane. I know you'll find a world of wonder here. Now we are 27!

• @sapient  21 hours

@wolfkier - thanks so much for kicking this off.
    I'm having so much fun.
    And once again, as happens every year, I am truly staggered by the talents on show here.
    We are aces!
    Yay us!
    😁

• @wolfkier 21 hours

Thank you , @sapient
    Indeed! So much amazing talent, generosity and goodwill in this group! Constantly amazed by people I might not have come across out of 2600+ FAWMers this year.
    Note some newcomers too who might need an initiating #tit4tat visit and consider who else you might invite to join in. 😀

• @nuno  15 hours

I'd like to give this a go too. This is such a wonderful group of talented people. 😁

• @wolfkier 14 hours

@nuno indeed they are, you're in for quite a treat here! Welcome to the #tit4tat universe! I'll add you to the list at top.

• @wolfkier 11 hours

• @metalfoot  11 hours

I think I'll duck out of the 'official' tit4tat tagging part of this. I love listening to the works of other FAWMers and I will make a point of visiting everyone on this list at least once more. But I don't want to do the tagging part, if that's OK.

• @wolfkier 11 hours

@metalfoot That's cool. So you want me to take you off the list/s, or you want to tell each participant you visit, you're only good for one more?

• @metalfoot  11 hours

I don't know how many I'm good for, to be honest, and I don't want to chain myself to any expectations (I'm edging onto 1100 comments as it is). So yeah, feel free to take me off the list, @wolfkier -- but as I said, I will visit everyone on here.

• @wolfkier 11 hours

@metalfoot Done. Visiting everybody is very generous of you. Thanks. Your comments always quality, you give so much to this community! 😀

• @eargoggle  10 hours

Cool idea, sort of doing it anyway but at least this is a list of people who are still here who I can check out!

• @wolfkier 10 hours

@eargoggle Great! Welcome aboard. I'll add you to top and latest lists. I know youll enjoy and it's great to have more magic to listen too!

• @nahlej381  9 hours

Loving everyone’s music so far. I’m trying to listen one artist at a time and listen to all of the tracks they did. Except @dzdandcunfsd im sprinkling him in between artist since he’s got so many but I’ll finish his too! Lol please don’t feel obligated to listen to all my stuff tho. Just as much as you can handle. This is really helping pass the time and I’m finding folks I really wanna work with here. Thanks y’all. You’re great!

• @dzdandcunfsd  8 hours

@nahlej381 sorry, not sorry, but yeah no need to listen to all of my random drivel either 🤣 check out @metalfoot's page makes me look like a slacker. I'm actually kind of glad the site goes down again this year, I thought it still did until last year. Gives me motivation to actually get around to listening to stuff I've been meaning to.

• @nadine 7 hours

I do not really get the idea of #tit4tat but I'm still commenting and looking on everyone's profile who commented me. So it's like choosing a person from this list and giving the promise to comment as much as she*he commented on your songs? Can't say anything about avant-garde and experimental music but I try my best to find at least one song where I can say something about it. Count me in after some explanation.

• @mandolinda  6 hours

PS> I wish I could add to My Last FAWM Song
    I would add #tit4tat
    A most delicious addendum
    And Not A Squirmish at all.

• @radiobenedetto  5 hours

Not sure I’m totally grokking this but I think the advantages are:
    A) the sign up avoids spamming people with expectations they don’t want

B) by putting your upper limit in your comment after the tag, you can limit your commitment.

C) reciprocity makes the world go round

If I have that right, then sign me up.

• @wolfkier 2 hours

@radiobenedetto that's right, you visit someone from list, listen/comment add #tit4tat1 (bc it's your first visit) and then add "I have (whatever) # of listens I'm happy to trade with you, cool?". They #tit4tat1 back and say ok let's do that many, or they say, I'd prefer only to do x". Then you tit4tat2 them till you get to mutually agreed number.
    Example ,I have 7 songs, you have 15. If we're both happy to trade the most we could ever do is 7, if agreed. But if you or I only wanted to do 4, for whatever reason, then 4 it is.
    I suck at expaining stuff, let me know if you have any other qestions. Happy to help. I'll add you to the top list and the latest update list. Good luck. Have fun!

• @wolfkier 2 hours

@nadine Yes-ish. You choose a person comment on their song, say I have time for x exchanges would you like that? They say cool, let's do x, or they might say I only have time for y. and then you go all the way to y. Some people do it in a frenzy, and let the other catch up. Some people do one when they see one.
    Someone might visit you to start, you go visit them and say thanks and I happily go 3,4,5, whatever.
    Some people will just trade one after another until one person says this is my last #tit4tat. No explanation is necessary.
    I'll add you to the list. One at the top and one that I updated so everyone has theirs handy on their timeline.
    Please feel free to ask if you have any other questions. You can leave the list at any time. 😀

• @wolfkier 2 hours

How's everyone doing? Having fun yet?

Here's an updated list of current participants,.
    Ideas:
    * choose 2 you haven't encountered left and leave a comment and your first #tit4tat. That should get the commenting snowball rolling through the weekend.
    * If you have a FAWM friend you think you would benefit from or enjoy the exchange, please invite them and send them the link of this forum page to sign up. https://fawm.org/forums/topic/11699/ The more the marrier.
    * add numbers to your exchanges to help keep count example tit4tat1, tit4tat2, etc.
    * keep a little note handy on your desk with given/recieved, to keep track especially if you're tit4tatting with multiple or all members. You don't want anyone to fall through the cracks in a multiple reciprical storm 😀

LIST OF PARTICIPANTS (30 so far!)
    @bradbrubaker
    @mandolinda
    @gnashattack
    @theodamus
    @sailingmagpie
    @tunecat
    @wolfkier
    @mikeskliar
    @scottlake
    @wylddandelyon
    @kenmattsson
    @vivalarayna
    @nahlej381
    @carleybaer
    @coolparadiso
    @infilktion
    @sheilerk
    @kathym
    @sapient
    @wacha
    @ferry0123
    @richaaaay
    @dzdandcunfsd
    @davidtaro
    @lizbrinker
    @tckane
    @nuno
    @eargoggle
    @radiobenedetto
    @nadine

Let the comments flow! (at least till April 14, when the site closes).
    And beyond that with new friends you've made here at next year's FAWM and the 50/90 Summer Songhunt!

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...