Anyone keep hard copies (cd cassette) ??

Skip to the bottom

• @nerdjealous  1 week

I’m considering recording on tapes my songs so I have actual hard copies of my songs, and digitising them. CDs seem to not have enough room on them to justify burning discs of my music. But if I’m not making as much music that could be worth it. And cds they’re easier to find suitable playing devices, like pcs, laptops, DVD players, TVs, etc

Does anyone keep any hard copies of their music? Or even personalises their own songs for enjoyment for yourself and no one else? Filming self made footage sounds a cool way to personalise it as well!

I wanna get arty and make home made covers for them as a fun little keepsake for my own enjoyment. I like how Daniel Johnston had his shelf full of them and would often make duplicates of sets of songs for his close ones friends and fans..Making them unqiue artworks. pretty cool gift!

• @jwhanberry  1 week

I burn each FAWM, 50/90 or other projects to two DVD's. I should keep one offsite but I don't have a safe deposit box. They are also backed up from my external hard drive to the cloud through Carbonite. So I guess the answer is yes I do.

• @mhorning 1 week

I backup my harddrive to an external 1TB drive periodically.

• @emkaydeebee  1 week

Not specifically for the sake of saving, but I did for sharing purposes of my first year fawm (for a friend with no internet access) and last year’s (where I wrote a musical).

• @reklov  1 week

Yes, I burn all music I've ever made down to CD-R just for my own listening and collecting pleasure! I especially love mini formats such as 3"-CDs and visit card CDs. I got three tin cans full of this stuff until now...!

• @gubna 1 week

I plan to back up everything on March 1st. I may burn some CDs. And if I can figure it out a dvd with everything. Then, I will delete everything from my computer and start over from scratch.

• @cts  1 week

As a matter of fact, I do. I have demos of albums that I have recorded over the years on CD. It's pretty cool to every once in a while pop one in the CD player and listen to it while I'm driving. I've even made mock-up booklets with liner notes and everything. It also serves as a way to see how much I've grown musically. So yeah, do it!

• @elesimo  1 week

When I first got a 4-track recorder (2017?) I started backing up my songs to cassette, mostly for fun. I'd bounce the song down to 4 tracks — bass, lead, drums and pads — and record them.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...