Downloading Songs

Skip to the bottom

• @bob1950  Feb 18

This is my first year and am struggling with uploading songs to FAWM. First used site for donors , converted mP4 to MP3 and then it seemed like my songs were uploaded but I can’t find them on my page. I thought the challenge would writing and recording not how to actually get songs posted . Help!!

• @vomvorton  Feb 18

Hi @bob1950 - uploading to the donor site should give you a link, but you still need to hit the "add new song" button on FAWM and copy that link into the 'Demo URL' field (and add a title etc).

• @emkaydeebee  Feb 18

Yeah, so on the donor site, right click on the song name and select: “copy link address” - then do as @vomvorton says above.👍

• @sailingmagpie  Feb 18

@emkaydeebee In 11 years of FAWMing, why have I never thought of doing it that way instead of opening the song in a new tab then copying from the address bar! Think of all those precious seconds I've wasted! 🤦

• @emkaydeebee  Feb 18

@sailingmagpie ☺️ Those precious seconds could add up to time to create a new song...! 🤔

• @bob1950  Feb 18

Thanks for your help folks. I’ll give a try!

• @emkaydeebee  Feb 18

Just spotted they’re there now, well done! So the other thing @bob1950 is to use the liner note space to tell us some of the thinking behind the song or the process you went through to create it. It’s not compulsory of course, but it can help encourage people to want to listen to them. And the lyrics space is for, er, writing the lyrics up. 🙂 You can go back and edit them and fill them in retrospectively if you want. (There’s also tagging options etc but one thing at a time!)

• @bob1950  Feb 18

Well after .... several days!! And with your help!!! I have finally downloaded 3 songs. Hope you get a chance to check them out and I’ll also add some liner notes and lyrics now that I have something to write about!! Your support is SO appreciated. Thank you so much.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...