How to Look Up a Particular Song

Skip to the bottom

• @nightwing521  Feb 18

I commented on a song that I hit with a Random Song. I REALLY liked it and meant to add it to my WatchList, but forgot to. Is there a way to see a list of the songs I have commented on?

• @adforperu  Feb 18

There is not, sadly. You could probably search your internet history to find it perhaps?

• @riffraff1990 Feb 18

If you happen to remember any of the tags.... There is a way to search tags in songs and it'll pull up a list of songs.

• @riffraff1990 Feb 18

Oh also keywords so if you remember the title.

• @ustaknow Feb 18

If you remember any element of the song, [Search Songs] top of the page when in the "Songs" page.

Sometimes, if even close, as you read the hits, you may get there. The thing is, I think ?, the search is the person their ID, or the Tag's used, not comment or lyric content. Likelty it would produce to large a hit-list.

Sometimes, folks give a thank you, ?, check your feed, click [>FAWM.ORG] top left page, black banner.

I know I was sure I read all in that link, then a day later I see something in that "feed" I just didn't see, - a comment, a thank you etc.

I checked all mine, my songs 😉 😀 - none 😞 commented on by you, so, it wasn't me 😀 hahhh.
    - So funny to say..., and comes to mind as I write this, but, you could add here for everyone to check if you commented on their work... hahhh, but, be careful... you may just get 250 nopes 😀 and still not know. Unintended, unforseen consequences there, hahhh, - I amuse myself to easily.

-- Funny to consider that, hahhh, interesting. There's a lost song, needs find'n 😉 😀

Best of luck!

• @lastnightilie Feb 18

Well no, but if you go to the Songs list from the top menu, the songs you commented on will be highlighted in green. So if it happens to be a recently posted song from the last few pages, you might be able to find it that way? (Not sure if random songs are recent or can be from any time though.)

Also like others have said if you can't remember any of the lyrics to use for song search, then you could try tags. You might want to go to the popular tags list (https://fawm.org/songs/tags) and click on the ones the artist would have been most likely to apply to their song.

• @nightwing521  Feb 19

Couldn't remember anything about it, but I knew it was relatively near the beginning. So I started at the first songs and scanned through them.

The songs I commented on are not highlighted in green, but they do have the speech bubble on the number of comments at the right.

And, after ~30 pages of songs I found it: The Other Shoe, by @carleybaer: https://fawm.org/songs/111890/

And found that I had commented on another of her songs only half an hour before *LOL*

• @carleybaer  Feb 19

Haha aww thanks @nightwing521 <3 I'm very behind on my thank-yous + listenings (+FAWMing in general), but this really boosted my spirits, so thank you again, I'm glad you enjoyed it 😀

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...