Just as an observation

Skip to the bottom

• @metalfoot  Feb 16

Every year I come here to FAWM I run across more new-to-me FAWMers who blow me away with their stuff, often folks who have been here as long or longer than me.

This is an amazing repository of creativity. There really is no place quite like it on the interwebs.

If you are reading this, remember that you are part of the awesomeness that makes this place for me one of the absolute highlights of the year each and every year. Cheers to all of you!

• @sunnymae  Feb 16

Your absolutely right and it's going to make March a great listening month for me because that's when I catch up. I try to do as much as I can Join the month so people actually read the comments before dropping off. But March is really a great month too! I would encourage everyone to stick around a little longer and create your favourite playlists.

• @andygetch  Feb 16

backatcha!

• @emkaydeebee  Feb 16

It really is a special place. Feel honoured to be a part of it. And I remember how welcoming you were @metalfoot right from the off for me. Thank you!

• @cts  Feb 16

Agreed several times over!

• @nateger Feb 16

@metalfoot what a great reminder! I feel so blessed to be a part of this community

• @petemurphy  Feb 16

I agree, Alex @metalfoot

Just a couple of days ago I discovered an incredible FAWMer I'd never heard before, only to look at their profile and find out they've been here since 2013!

I've been around since 2012, and I have no idea how I've missed out on that particular artist for so many years. There must be loads of great artists on here that I have yet to discover...

• @trolls2 Feb 16

so true!

• @cblack Feb 17

Yeah, absolutely!

For a little perspective, there are currently 2500+ FAWMers and the maximum number of comments in the century club thread was (I think) 500. So over halfway through the month, and the most prolific commenter has only done 1/5 of the FAWMers. Except he's probably commented on multiple songs from the same people.

Perspective.

• @scottlake Feb 17

Which is why commenting should go on through March and April like I seem to remember from back in the olden days of FAWM.

• @jamkar  Feb 17

True dat. FAWM runs wide and deep.

• @candle  Feb 17

I'm proud to be part of this community. It's the friendliest & most accepting of any community (online or offline) that I've ever been fortunate enough to be a part of. And yeah, I know there are tons of amazing FAWMers I've yet to discover. It's hard to keep up with you all (even just my watchlist - that has grown to 110 FAWMers 😁 ).

Rok on FAWM Nation!

See You In The Shadows…

• @rshakesp  Feb 17

I had an old friend look through my tracks last night with a view to doing something more significant with them after FAWM - what struck him most was how troll free and constructive the whole place was - now that’s a community to be proud of!

• @falconbridge Feb 17

@Sunnymae - I <3 the idea of "Listening March" because I know that I am struggling to listen to all these amazing things while I'm creating and mom-ing and wife-ing and working! March! March is for Listening!

• @mariekevinkmusic  Feb 17

I think the only issue with Listening March is that feedback encourages people to keep writing. That they are on the right path. I don't think I'd write without feedback. The internal editor is SO powerful that if nobody told me it was good and to keep going, the IE would win and I'd stop after 2 songs.

Yes this is an awesome community. I am very glad I have found it and that I have so far managed to rope in 5 of my friends!! Hurrah.

• @sbs2018  Feb 17

I must say, the best part about FAWM is discovering so much awesome talent and to realize I get to be a part of this community.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...