Dragonfae Oracle Challenge

Skip to the bottom

• @wylddandelyon Feb 14

I'll draw you a card, you write a song!

Rules:

1. This is my Valentine's Day gift to you all, even though the pink has vanished all too soon. I'll change this post if it looks like I'm getting overwhelmed, but for now, I'm happy to get your request!

2. I'm not set up to quickly share pictures, so the prompts will be text only. You may be able to find an image of your card on the internet somewhere, however.

3. Let's use the hashtag: #DragonFae

4. Edit: The pink is gone early, but my offer to draw cards is not! (So sad, I love the pink!)

I look forward to hearing all of your songs!

• @wylddandelyon Feb 14

I'll start by drawing myself a card:

The Time Guardian: You Have Time

The card shows a purple and gold dragon under a full moon She is guarding her treasure, a golden, glowig tree and a mysterious bag--or perhaps a boulder? Her tail is shaped like a feather quill pen. She says that time is a multidimensional being, with the power to devote more time to those who need it, and to stretch or shrink as needed. You do, indeed, have all the time in the world.

• @nateger Feb 14

Me please!

• @wylddandelyon Feb 14

@nateger

For you, I draw:

Andelle: Emotional Flow

The card shows the same blond woman, sad in front and arms raised in accomplishment in back. Her robes are the water, and flow smoothly, connected. She has polished-smooth river stones in her hair and in the waters. Each of her hands emit a spiral, by her heart, in the foreground, and in each upraised hand in the background. This can signify being sad or stuck or that some unhealthy influence needs to be washed away. Go to the waters for peace, for comfort, for cleansing, for sustenance. Your life swirls and flows like water.

• @glasscrow Feb 14

I would love one!

• @mhorning Feb 15

Draw me a card my friend, I need some inspiration.

• @wylddandelyon Feb 15

@glasscrow

For you, I draw:

Queen Mab: Your ancient wisdom is awakening

The card shows the queen with white streaks in her black hair, cuddling at least three lovely, jewel-toned dragons--baby dragons? Or maybe she is just that big? Either way, her message is that you are energy, your thoughts have energy, what you say and do matters--and what you do not do matters as well. You are more powerful than you know, and you are part of this magical planet's rescue team. Be strong. Be wise. Be kind. And change the world.

• @barbara  Feb 15

Hi @wylddandelyon! I missed the pink cut off time, but I absolutely love the way you’re describing these cards. If you have enough energy left to do some more I would love one.

• @wylddandelyon Feb 15

@mhorning

For you, I draw:

Melusine: Love who you are

The card shows a gently smiling red-headed woman with flowers and herbs woven into a crown on her head. She has a huge, heart-motif key on a delicate chain around her neck and dragon wings (perhaps gills) flowing out into her hair from her neck. Or perhaps it's a small dragon, hiding its face from the world, afraid or ashamed to show it's beauty. She says that you deserve to be loved for all of you, for your claws and thorns, for your lines and grief, for the parts of you that are unconventional or different from what you were raised to expect. Hiding that part of yourself causes pain and limits the love you can receive and give. Take this key and unlock the hidden parts of yourself so you can heal and offer healing, so you can love more deeply and be loved wholly.

• @wylddandelyon Feb 15

@barbara

For you I draw:

Brigid: We are one

The card shows a woman with hair the color of the sunrise (and the sunset). She is wearing a blue dress trimmed in intricate knotwork and has a glowing necklace. She has makeup like blue wings around her eyes.

Brigid, whose name means strength, says, "We are the ancients and the star-seekers, the dreamers and the doers, the cosmic and the infinitesimal, the enchanted and the practical. We are one. We are mothers and sons, fathers and daughters, old and young, extrovert and introvert. We are one. We are male, female, enby, and genderless. We are one."

She says, "I am dragon, I am fae, I am goddess, I am human--and so are you." And she smiles, a warm, welcoming smile. "For all that we are myriad, each unique, we are also one."

• @drivelmonk  Feb 15

@wylddandelyon Thanks for writing on my board. I'll totally take one!

• @wylddandelyon Feb 15

@drivelmonk

You're very welcome. I also have missed out on the Tarot challenge (so far), so I thought I'd invite you here.

For you I draw:

Grandmother Magicks: I comfort you

The card shows a fae woman with green wings and a dress very reminiscent of autumn maple leaves, red and gold and fluttery. She has a green leaf at her throat, a green triskel tattoo, and a flame-colored fairy dancing in the air above one hand. She says to you that change is inevitable, and we all go through stages in our lives. Do not fear aging, you can become more yourself even as you take on new responsibilities or new burdens. Certainly you can (and should) reach out to your friends, to your furred or feathered friends, to people needing mentoring, and so on, but also welcome the magical and spiritous beings that surround you, for you are valued and loved. There is no going backward, but Grandmother Magics will be happy to show you around and help you discover all the beauty in your new world. Grandmother Magics also says that, though when we are young, we are not used to thinking of older people as beautiful, vital, and even sexy, as we move through life we learn that was a bit of blindness designed to protect us, and we can now leave such notions behind safely and see ourselves and others more clearly.

• @glasscrow Feb 15

@wylddandelyon Thanks! That's EERIE! I wonder how I can put it to a song, because I've already gotten a similar card for my Dark Oracle challenge!

• @wylddandelyon Feb 15

@glasscrow

I got two "fog" prompts last year, and ended up with two very different songs (both of which I still like!).

• @rwhosings  Feb 15

May I have one?

• @wylddandelyon Feb 15

@rwhosings Of course!

For you I draw:

The Sovereign: Gentle Power

The card shows a winged woman all in autumn colors, surrounded by butterflies and moths. She has a tiara on her head, and moth antennae. She is tattooed, swirling images in colors that match her wings. She says, "It is not our desire to possess power, but to radiate it out, sending seedlings of empowerment into the world, to take root in your hearts." Her power is not about instant fulfillment or enjoying luxuries, it is instead about caring for the beings around her and nurturing their own inner power and well being. "Open-hearted we must be, sovereign of ourselves. Our role is to be fully ourselves and play our part in the dance of life. It is important to be open to the role you play in creating the world around you and your place in the ongoing song."

• @karan  Feb 15

Oh yes, please draw me a card! <3

• @dragondreams  Feb 15

Oh yes please! Because dragons!

• @wylddandelyon Feb 15

@karan

For you I draw:

The Lady Grian: Open Your Heart

The card show a dark-haired woman whose hair glints red in the sun. The rising sun burns warm behind her, nestled in clouds. She holds a red dragon in her hand and is surrounded by berries and butterflies. She has beads in her hair. She says, "I am of the earth and the Sol-star's light. I am the warmth after winter, the love at the center of the flower and the belly, the warmth that awakens seeds and heals hearts. Seeds can rest quiet in the ground, but they need warmth to grow, and you can be that warmth. Open your heart in this moment and let yourself shine.

• @wylddandelyon Feb 15

@dragondreams

For you I draw:

The Lady Alfreda: Justice Will Prevail

The card shows a pale woman with a sickle-moon staff standing in front of a window with a cool blue pentagram revealed by dark drapes. Her hair is blue-black and rising from wind or inner power. Her dress is dark blue, matching the dragon scales on her shoulders and under her eyes. A long dragon winds itself around her staff. She has a triskele inscribed on her forehead. She knows that our thoughts, intents, and actions have power to change the world, and those changes inevitably affect us in return. As you think, so you live. As you do, others will do unto you. Do not be afraid of this truth, for it is a source of freedom--if you do not like what surrounds you today, you can change your thoughts and actions. You can leave people you have chosen to associate with who are bad for you, and spend more time with the people who inspire you to be a person who does things you admire. It's time to own your own crap, for we all have some, and do something about it. Shift your karmic residue, examine the connections between what you have sent out and what surrounds you, and with this new understanding, act with integrity and wisdom.

• @rwhosings  Feb 16

@wylddandelyon oh, that is so perfect! Thanks!

• @wylddandelyon Feb 16

@rwhosings You are very welcome. Let me know if you get a song from it. πŸ˜€

• @dragondreams  Feb 16

@wylddandelyon
    Fantastic, thank you! πŸ˜€

• @fearlessflight2014  Feb 16

I need all the help I can get- please draw a card for me too.

• @donna  Feb 16

@wylddandelyon, please draw one for me. 😊

• @trolls2 Feb 16

@wylddandelyon ooh, me too! what lovely images...if you're still drawing cards.

• @carleybaer  Feb 16

@wylddandelyon i would love a card if it’s not too late, thank you for doing this!

• @wylddandelyon Feb 17

@fearlessflight2014

For you I draw: Grandmother Magics: I comfort you

The card shows an older fae with green wings and moth antennae. She is wearing a dress that might have been magically crafted from maple leaves in their bright, autumn colors. There are decorations on the side of the card that might be a stylized green man. She holds a magic wand in one hand and a tiny fairy flies over the other, its wings fluttering like a beating heart. She brings kindnesses, small gifts, and strange windfalls, for a time of change is coming, and it's important to her that you have the things you need to thrive as you adapt to your new world and new self. She heralds a new period of empowerment, of owning your own power over your life, your creativity, your body, and your work.

• @wylddandelyon Feb 17

@donna

For you I draw: Hideki's Door: A knock on the door

The card shows a weathered wooden door with a huge, ornate dragon-head knocker. A green dragon perches in the knocking ring turning its head to look at you. If you didn't actually look at it, you might have thought it was a moth, since most of its body is hidden by its wings, but now that it's caught your attention, it's unmistakable, a dragon with moth antenae and a secret smile. It says, "I know you wish to reach out, to step through this door and move forward, but you've been holding back. Come now, be welcome. I'll even knock for you, but only if you'll agree to leave your former comfort zone and at least give the possibilities available to you a chance. Seriously--you're feeling restricted, your fire is dimming, I can see it. The magic of change is right here, and if you open the door, explore your options, and make choices, you can help shape a future where you can spread your wings. It might not be easy--but neither is staying hidden from the magic, keeping your wings furled and weak."

• @wylddandelyon Feb 17

@trolls2 I am still drawing cards. πŸ˜€ Thanks for dropping by.

For you I draw: The Lovers at the Feast: Conscious, aware eating

Ah, this card there's so much here. There's a lovely fae with a moon on their head and a star at their breast. Lovely bright flowers swirling around and a bee doing what bees do, linking flower to flower so there will be fruit in the future. An owl with its baby, a glimpse of a path moving forward, and lovers embracing next to a table laden with candles, food, and drink. This card is about nurturing, wholesome food, but also about our approach to all the things we need. It is appropriate--no, it is very important, it is necessary--to be open to enjoying the things on our table of delights, and it is also important to enjoy them not in moderation, but in joy, taking in what we need and sharing the rest. Food, touch, laughter, song, all have an important part in creating and sharing health and love.

• @wylddandelyon Feb 17

@carleybaer You're very welcome.

For you I draw: The Green Lady of Y Ddraig Goch: Chosen One

The card shows a green dragon and a lady all in green. She holds a tall staff in one hand, a green globe floating in its crook, and she is pointing at you in the other hand. The dragon has glints of copper on its scales and horns; her hair is the same bright shade. She has a diadem that looks like it might be a live twist of vine. "I who am of the secret forests of the heart know each planting you make. My heart grows lighter as you plant the seeds of a bounteous future. Undertake to create more of this green world today, and know that I will remember you and tell your tale to my kin. Like me, you know that the natural world matters, it brings serenity to hearts and the breath we all need to our lungs. Remember, you have a part to play in this vital endeavor.

• @fearlessflight2014  Feb 17

Thanks @wylddandelyon - I'll see what I come up with...

• @wylddandelyon Feb 17

@fearlessflight2014 You're welcome and I look forward to it!

In case anyone is checking, I'm still open for drawing cards.

• @auditasum  Feb 17

I'll take a card when you get the chance.

• @wylddandelyon Feb 18

@auditasum

For you I draw: Oroki: Boundaries

The card shows a bronze dragon with blue horns and a sparse beard standing on a high branch. He has a staff in his hands, held to show he is willing to wield it as a weapon if necessary. He is guarding a variety of treasures on either side of him. Fog swirls around him--perhaps I got it wrong, and the staff is to allow him to hide himself and the treasures he guards. It seems odd to me that a dragon has set himself in such a vulnerable place to guard his hoard. But it's true that a being cannot take part in the world effectively from a hole in the ground. It's important to protect your wealth, of course, whatever kind of wealth you have, be it your work, your home, your friends, your knowledge, your wisdom, your books or gaming supplies, your cosplay props, your instruments, or whatever it may be, but if all you do is hoard it and hide from the world, what good is it?

• @trolls2 Feb 18

thanks @wylddandelyon for the idea and card!! Here's what I came up with this morning... https://fawm.org/songs/119415/

• @wylddandelyon Feb 18

Yay! The first song for this thread. (I haven't even finished writing mine, though I've got two quite different song fragments.) Thank you, @trolls2

• @rwhosings  Feb 21

@wylddandelyon , second song for the thread! Here's mine. I loved the card, but I had to let it simmer a while before I wrote the song.
    https://fawm.org/songs/120756/

• @mhorning Feb 21

So, fragments so far. but we have another week (ish)

• @pwl1  Feb 22

@wylddandelyon Would you please draw a card for me? πŸ˜€

• @wylddandelyon Feb 23

@pwl1 Of course!

For you I draw: Apalala: You are a Peaceful Being

The card shows a dragon in gold/bronze/copper/brass metal tones. She is superimposed on a yin-yang with a knotwork border. She is smiling at you. She says, "Peace is like a quiet glade within, a place where you can go and where you belong. Learn that your peaceful nature can be a source of delight, courage, strength, and beauty. Do not mistake peace for inaction. Be strong, be free, be blessed. Foster harmony instead of fighting war. Conflict is often a result of people attempting to control each other's hearts, minds, and futures. When you feel overwhelmed, remember that peaceful place within you, draw on that beauty, and use that strength.

• @mhorning Feb 26

This is turning out to be harder than I expected. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have this one finished.

• @wylddandelyon Feb 26

No worries, @mhorning I haven't even finished mine!

• @auditasum  Feb 26

Well. Here's mine.

https://fawm.org/songs/122882/

• @mhorning Feb 27

Surprisingly this makes a nice bookend to the first one I wrote this FAWM
    https://fawm.org/songs/123037/

• @glasscrow Feb 28

@wylddandelyon I didn't get to finish my song, but it's started. I don't think it would have come together the way it has without your prompting, so thank you! It will be the perfect opening track to one of the two actual album ideas I want to do.

• @karan  Feb 28

Finally, here is my song. It's about Persephone and the advent of spring:
    https://fawm.org/songs/124223/

Thank you for this lovely challenge!

• @wylddandelyon Feb 28

Oh, and I forgot to share mine here: https://fawm.org/songs/123789/

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...