How do you back up your music files?

Skip to the bottom

• @glasscrow Feb 14

Looking for suggestions for poor people as my computer has not been performing well, and yesterday bluescreened! I didn't even know Windows still did that. I'm worried it will die in the middle of fawm and shouldn't wait too much longer.

I have already backed up my project files to Google Drive, but I have no idea how long it would take to backup the wavs, and I imagine my computer would be unusable during that time. Also not sure if it would all even fit.

I missed my chance to get a steep discount on a new hard drive during Black Friday last year. I hope my computer lasts until the next one!

• @faceofeinstein  Feb 14

Dropbox is free and a great option.
    I've been using it for my fawm songs the last 5 years or so.

• @dragondreams  Feb 14

Hard drives up to 500Gb are fairly cheap these days, so I have a few of those on hand (plainly labelled!). I have a couple of USB drive caddies to slot them in and back up daily when writing new stuff. And I back up to my own web server via FTP at the end of each week.

• @radioovermoscow Feb 14

Google Drive is great. I have Reaper set up so it stores everything in there - never have to worry about losing anything. The key is to remember to clear unused files at the end of each session so they also go into Drive's bin.

• @glasscrow Feb 15

@radioovermoscow I didn't know you could do that with Reaper! That would really save my butt.

I don't remember signing up for Dropbox, but lately I've been getting emails saying that it's full ??? Maybe I can sign up with a different email? loool

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...