Okay I think I've proved my point now (!) :P

Skip to the bottom

• @nerdjealous  Feb 13

So I've made music non stop for over a year with occasional breaks. I've proven I can make sounds that are at least slightly musical... So this is me sitting back to ride the chill train!

Tbh I got so intensely into making music and other hobbies, I'm deciding to stop with the volume and instead wing it in future. No more albums a day's weeks on end for me!

So from now on I'm doing the minimum. Get that number and then I'm done! That means even more low effort, but a little more planning in simple album a day fashion, spaced out over the challenges to get that goal.

I'm considering the minimal setup of a travel guitar, dictaphone, and a notepad/lyrics on a screen. So much less daw and production value, and more raw deliberate song craft...

Anyone else feel like they're relaxing into a chill production effort? Or maybe you're going the other way, whistles and all?

I just think I've gotten it out my system. I don't know who I was trying to impress, or why, but it's served its purposes and now in future I'm setting the bar lower, with my head held high!

• @unpronounceable Feb 13

Ooo I like this. I like playing with toys, but generally, I just try to focus on accessibility and being able to engage in the process of creating a song. I like that you're shifting your approach to where you're at!

• @rshakesp  Feb 13

I’ve kinda gone in the opposite direction- 2019 I did a song a week for the year - all done with a single performance, acoustic guitar and voice on an I phone and I stayed there until Fawm this year - when I’ve gone for full demo production - I must say I’m learning a lot but the foundation of actually having to write songs that work because of the minimal treatment has, I hope, served me well.

• @davidbreslin101  Feb 14

I had a year like that in 2019- I didn't do FAWM, but every month I wrote as much as I could and kept track of it all. There were over 30 songs and pieces in the end, including some classical piano stuff which took a lot of work. Then March 2020 hit, and I completely stopped writing songs until this month.

• @onewholovesrock Feb 14

I write a song with a notebook and acoustic guitar. Practice the performance a bit and then record a video with my iPhone. If it’s pretty good I’ll post it on YouTube. Not for views because I don’t get many. But just so I have the songs saved somewhere for future reference.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...