How To Write One Song...

Skip to the bottom

• @stevenwesleyguiles  Feb 6

...is a great book by Jeff Tweedy of Wilco that you should go buy.
    And it is also part of a short video series I'm going to do on the exercises he features in the book.

Here's exercise 1. It's a fun way to get the creative juices flowing and only takes 5-10 minutes to generate some cool ideas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWS99kAxa04

• @ayehahmur  Feb 6

Brilliant idea, Steven. I'll tune in for sure. I finished the book the day before FAWM started. Loved it.

• @coolparadiso  Feb 6

Nice Stephen not too different to the way I often write if the songs are not flowing out at pace! thx

• @nateger Feb 6

Also enjoyed this book a lot! I recommend it to novice and experience songwriters alike

• @apolez3 Feb 6

just making this green for me llol

• @gubna Feb 6

Thanks, I'm going to buy that book at some point!

• @johnstaples  Feb 6

Thanks @stevenwesleyguiles ! I'm gonna go buy it now. Checked and the hardcover is cheaper than kindle! Hardcover for me then!

• @lvgd09  Feb 6

@stevenwesleyguiles nice tutorial...appreciate it.

• @standup  Feb 6

I liked that book. If you've been hanging around songwriting talks and seminars and whatever the exercises won't be anything new exactly, but I like the way Tweedy presents it. Really fun book.

• @sheamiejay  Feb 6

Don’t spoil the ending for me. Ha!

• @thedutchwidows  Feb 6

That’s a great video - will watch these for sure. Thanks! I’ve just got the book, but only on page 17. There seems to be no time for reading in February for some reason...

• @fearlessflight2014  Feb 6

Following this thread...

• @headfirstonly  Feb 6

It's an excellent book. Jeff really *gets* it.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...