Anyone a band?

Skip to the bottom

• @abolishumanity Jan 31

Noob(s) / FAWMlings here. Skimming thru profiles, it looks like most FAWMers are FAWMing by themselves, outside of collaborations. I was curious whether there were any other bands here, or people writing as a unit, duo, trio, whatever. We're down to a two-piece temporarily thanks to the pandemic, but we hope to be rocking loud as a three-piece again once we're allowed to leave the garage. And all of the songs we're planning to write will be co-writes.

• @helenseviltwin  Jan 31

There are a few profiles that are bands, but moreso, there are people with solo profiles who are in bands with other FAWMers, either virtually or physically.

My band, Goddammit Jeremiah, with @expendablefriend and @stewartscissor have written some stuff together in rehearsals for previous FAWMs and 50/90s, but we're not going to be able to rehearse this year, so we may or may not do some co-writing, but it won't be in the same space, unfortunately.

• @sw1n3flu  Jan 31

me, @avidfanman and @raindancerzero are in a band (called Good Guy Sôjàbé) and often churn out some band songs during fawn... but we don't really do it under a band profile...!

• @mdavisto  Jan 31

@sciren and I are a duo called Mass Love. We do wander off and do solo things from time to time, or collab with others, but 99% of what we do is with each other.

You can find our stuff here: https://masslove.bandcamp.com/

• @mdavisto  Jan 31

@abolishumanity, it's like @sw1n3flu says - people mostly have their own profiles even if they're in a band. @kovbleu is in a band called Treading Bleu, and I know a bunch of her bandmates have profiles too.

• @ustaknow Jan 31

😀

• @katpiercemusic  Jan 31

I'm cursed. I have had one semi successful collaboration about 10 years ago. Since then... a lot of showing up and rehearsing and then things fall apart. The last one was a real kick to the teeth. It was someone else's project. I was playing trumpet. It was a lot of fun, and with my aesthetic I was pretty sure I would be able to contribute material once we got off the ground. That was last Jan/Feb. Maybe it will come back, but he'll have to rebuild it as some of the musicians have scattered.

• @downburst  Jan 31

I'm in an all-fawmer band, the Parsnips, with @philmcmill, @followawackymoose and @manzino711. Then Phil and I are in another band, the Good Things. And @rmonterosso and I sometimes play in a duo-ish format (and she sang harmony on my record). Can't wait for some of those things to actually happen again. None of us have ever collabed during FAWM though.

• @julesbf  Jan 31

I am in a band, an acoustic trio, but being the main song writer I use a solo profile here in FAWM as many of my songs would not fit our acoustic trio.

• @netnoise Feb 1

I'm in 2 bands and may call on some bandmates to help me write this month.

• @jacobeverettwallace  Feb 1

I have a band under my name, but usually tour and record as a solo artist. Most of my writing is typically solo as well, though I've been trying to do more collaboration in the past couple of years.

Speaking of bands...boy do I miss touring and playing shows.

• @ericdistad  Feb 1

There's a bunch of duos out there. Check out this forum thread: https://fawm.org/forums/topic/10935

I cowrite with @jendistad for @thefaithfulsidekicks but I also post "solo" stuff as well.

• @plainwhitetoast Feb 19

always have a band. making music is more important than sex, and twice as futile.

currently, the Catalytic Perverters

• @spikedirection  Feb 19

I put a band together to play stuff I write during FAWM. But I'm also in a band with @mrmagpiepromotions. We're working on persuading the other members to sign up as well, maybe next year...

• @gubna Feb 20

One of three people that I've seen regularly in the past year, thank god, has been my best friend who is also the guitarist I play with in the band I'm in. We haven't really been too active, and haven't played in a couple months, but it's possible he might pop up this weekend for a jam. He lent me about 7 pedals to use for FAWM.

• @standup  Feb 20

I was in a band before COVID, and still am in that band as far as we all know. The vocalist introduced me to FAWM many years ago (and he was told by @factoryhorse). But at this point I’m the only one still doing FAWM. We’re not a « band on FAWM ».

• @rollasoc  Feb 20

I have a writing partner, who doesn't do FAWM. We have two projects, The Hair Thieves, which is indie pop and I Heard Whispers, which is more Post Rock (new single out yesterday).

Then I write as Rollasoc (solo stuff with lyrics), The Worry Robots (chillwave) and Sineglider (instrumental ambient / soundtrack / something else)

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...