New Jersey!

Skip to the bottom

• @lastnightilie Jan 30

All of the neighboring states are represented but as one of the most populous states I can't be the only one in New Jersey! Anyone I don't know? Which part of the state are you from?

I'm in north Jersey, around the Morris/Passaic/Essex county border.

• @apolez3 Jan 31

Hey @lastnightilie, I'm in New Jersey also by there... I'm sooo new to this, Feeling a bit overwhelmed atm honestly... 😝

• @deena  Jan 31

Essex County "bridge and tunnel" person and proud! Hello to all my Jersey neighbors!

• @apolez3 Jan 31

Hey
    @deena!! Going to go gaze your profile over.. now!

• @lastnightilie Feb 1

@apolez3 what are you overwhelmed by, writing the songs or the community aspect? I think it will be fine! Last year was my first year.

@deena you look familiar! I think we've either met before or at least we have mutual friends.

• @apolez3 Feb 1

@lastnightilie maybe a bit of both.. Though I;m more intimidated by the site atm.

• @lastnightilie Feb 1

@apolez3 well, you can focus on the songs and spend as little time on the site as you want. Comment on songs and use the forums as it suits you. But it is a pretty good community because almost every song gets comments and they are almost invariably positive. That's not what you *always* want if you're trying to improve, but it's great if you're just working on getting stuff out there and building confidence. There is a lot going on and a lot to explore, but don't feel like you have to participate in everything. Most people have their niche on the site (e.g. they love skirmishes, or they love games, or every song is a different collab, or they stick to listening to/commenting on one genre, etc.) and stay within that.

• @apolez3 Feb 1

@lastnightilie Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. I think it would be wise to stay on the site and interact. It's just an adjustment. I haven't really been on forums in awhile, and if so I knew the structure a long time. yeah I read in the rules to keep your comments nice basically or constructive. well we'll see.. I want to start to write biting my fingers lol.. jk.
    OH, and I"d like to dip my toes a little here, a little there, lol.

• @deena  Feb 1

@apolez3 @lastnightilie Hey Jersey Girls... stay cozy in the storm, today! Enjoy FAWM. I will be looking forward to checking out both your work!

• @apolez3 Feb 1

@deena THanks, you 2 keep cozy warm too! And will of course see what you do. 😀

• @lastnightilie Feb 1

Dreading having to start the Sisyphean shoveling task later but I'm warm and cozy for the moment!!

• @ldishong  Feb 6

Hey North Jersey folks- you got pummeled a few days back. We had about 7 inches in South Jersey where I am, but more is on the way for Sunday.

• @lastnightilie Feb 6

Yeah, I did not like that. I'm not used to shoveling that much, it took 2 days of effort and then I was sore for 2 days haha. I hope we don't get another one like that this year at least. Good luck!

• @emma Feb 6

Jersey shore here! Where we get mostly rain when it snows apparently... I've lived in 4 different parts of jersey over the course of my FAWM years.

• @apolez3 Feb 6

@emma hey emma and @idishong

• @lastnightilie Feb 7

Hi @emma, nice to "meet" you 😀 And glad you didn't get buried by snow... yet.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...