cheers, Queers!

Skip to the bottom

• @cairobraga  5 weeks

in the great tradition of @frenchcricket, this is the thread where all the queers and allies of FAWM find each other and talk about ~~QueerThingz~~. if you identify under the LGBTQIAP+ umbrella or is an ally to the community (we have a lot of parents of queers here), introduce yourself below and prepare to be socially-distant group-hugged!

don't forget to tag your related songs with #queer and to add your pronouns to your bio (more on that here: https://fawm.org/forums/topic/11140/).

LET'S POUR SOME RAINBOWS ON UNSUSPECTING EARS, MY DEARS!!!

• @alyxanderjames  5 weeks

Heyhey! Excited to be here and be queer! 😁 I'm Alyx (they/them), writing from Chicago, IL, USA. I'm queer and nonbinary/transmasculine and that finds its way into my songwriting sometimes (often without me realizing it has until someone else points it out, lol). Big virtual hugs to everyone here! <3

• @robynmackenzie  5 weeks

Here, queer, and ready to rock!

• @nancyrost  5 weeks

Bi and work with kids of various genders and sexualities.

• @wrenarcher  5 weeks

Hi everyone! Transfemme enby reporting in from the Houston area. Love, love, LOVE that this thread was started.

I've been increasingly nervous as the start of FAWM approaches specifically because of my voice. But thanks to Alyx (@alyxanderjames) and an extremely affirming and encouraging message they sent me, I'm feeling better about it. Still a little nervous but not as much. Plus!... SO many FAWMers have enthusiastically welcomed me into the FAWMilia. Love this place! I even changed my profile bio to clearly note I'm a trans person. Whew!... never really done that among non-trans folx. Feels pretty good.

Thanks everyone! Happy FAWM!

• @johnstaples  5 weeks

Ally checking in! This is a wonderful place! Welcome all!!! <3 <3 <3

• @quork  5 weeks

Ally and supporter here. Rock on in the FAWM happy place.

• @complexissimple 5 weeks

I'm agender and haven't yet been able to find pronouns I prefer. I'm hoping to try out they/them this FAWM and see if that works for me.
    I'm also perforce queer in other ways - it's impossible to be straight if you don't have a binary gender, or a gender at all!

In addition to my own stuff, I try to be a good ally to my trans sister, who I'm trying to lure into doing FAWM. Recording makes her anxious so I'm trying to help her find ways to get around that.

I've written songs in the past from the perspectives of lesbian women and gay men, and also some in support of people I know coming out as trans and mlm, so I expect to have a couple offerings to tag as #queer this year too.

• @ianuarius  5 weeks

Hey, my girlfriend is bi and we are polyamorous and at least think of ourselves as very open-minded. I don't know much but I also don't condemn people because of their differences. I believe everyone's equal, nobody's better or worse. And so I support all LGBTQIAP+ as well.

• @outinpublicdrummer  5 weeks

Transfemme nonbinary and very queer. Cheers!

I'll use the tag, that's awesome. <3

• @terroratspacecamp  5 weeks

Ally and proud parent of a non-binary child. FAWM is for everyone.

• @elesimo  5 weeks

Hello, FAWMily! I'm Beto, a bi-guy from Brazil living in California. I use they/them pronouns. Cheer and a lovely FAWM to everyone! 😀

• @saoirse 5 weeks

Hey everyone! I'm bi, and I have the most wonderful supportive wife. She is cisgender, I am not. So I guess you could say I'm bisexual, in a lesbian relationship, and I'm transgender...meaning I'm a BLT! 😅

Literal lol @saoirse

• @ryuu  5 weeks

Genderqueer femme in a lesbian marriage here 😀 I'm so happy to have a queer family here!

• @auditasum  5 weeks

Hay gays! I'm a queer nonbinary lesbian, if one can be nonbinary and a lesbian. My gender identity is kinda a moving target. You can call me "she" or "they," but don't call me "lady." That's gross.

Love y'all. Following y'all.

I may have forgotten about genderfluid and demi-gendered people when writing my post above. Didn't mean to invalidate anyone's gender/sexuality combo. I would edit it if I could.

• @petemurphy  5 weeks

Poly male here.
    He / him.
    I don't give a damn how someone identifies, I just care if they're a nice person.

Love and respect to all of my LGBTQIA friends!

• @celaphane  5 weeks

Hi Friends!

Latinx Bi/Pan poly non-binary femme here.
    My pronouns are they/she.

I've been FAWMing since 2013 but life got in the way and I took a 4-year hiatus. I am THRILLED to finally be back this year.

Super thankful to see our songwriting community be vocal about making this an inclusive space.

::abrazos::

• @helenseviltwin  5 weeks

Another gayer here!

• @cairobraga  5 weeks

helleaux from Portugal! My name is Cairo, I identify as nonbinary, polysexual and polyamorous. been doing FAWM since 2014 and truly believe this is the BESTEST online community there is. made even better when I started finding my queer fawmily. I mostly do #fawmtronica and love to tackle #queer themes in my songs. In english I prefer they pronouns, but in languages where we still lack an established neutral pronoun (Portuguese, Spanish, Catalan, French), I intentionally mix all of the available ones. You will still see me (and my friends) using she pronouns to refer to me every now and then, and that makes me happy.

let's song these songs and music theses musics, peoples!!!

• @jeustan  5 weeks

Ally in the Mitten State here with unlimited distant hugs and compliments for all. You are beautiful!

• @yam655  5 weeks

I'm a father to one bigender kid and one transmasc kid. They both use he/him as primary pronouns, but one is he/she/they, and the other is he/fucker-use-the-right-pronoun.

Within the past year or so I've accepted that I am asexual and biromantic. The world is full of beautiful people of all genders, and I want to sex none of them up.

• @judypie  5 weeks

Hey folks! Well what a beautiful melting pot of people we all are ❤️ I’m not especially queer myself, maybe a little in some direction or other but I’ve never bothered to put a sticker on it 😁 My sister came out a few years ago and was really panicky about telling our parents, it made me sad. Thank the lord they’re ok with it now. Looking forward to a day when old folk being stuck in their ways is a thing of the past! Hopefully that doesn’t sound like I want all old folk to drop dead..
    Speaking of gayness and all things wonderful, has anyone watched Schitt’s Creek? Because I recently binged it and it was just my fave thing ever but none of my friends have watched it and David and Patrick were just my favouritest tv couple ever 😍

• @fuzzy  5 weeks

I'm definitely an ally.

• @thelowestbitter  5 weeks

Gay, he/him. I usually end up writing a few queer songs every FAWM, it might be harder to do that this time as a year of intermittent COVID lockdowns has deprived me of any homosexual misadventures/bad dates I can harvest for #content, but I’m sure I can dredge up some past romantic and/or sexual failures to immortalise in song.

Merry FAWMing, queers!

• @cairobraga  5 weeks

@yam655 you don't wanna shag them, but you wanna luuuuurve them, right? <3 😝

@judypie SCHITT'S CREEK is everything!!! a real triumph

• @tawny249  5 weeks

Heya. I don't really write about anything queer in songs 99% of the time, but I am lesbian and demisexual. Still working out what to do with the revelations, 4 or so years later. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• @cleanshoes  5 weeks

Hello beautiful people, another ally checking in here!

• @yam655  5 weeks

@cairobraga You have no idea. <3

I'm big in to universal, unconditional love as a personal practice. I love _everybody._ It can be a problem as so many folks go around like love is a precious resource, and I'm like "loving is like breathing, and love is as common as air."

I see a world full of beautiful people, and I know my eyes are working. I see a world full of lovable people and I know my heart is working. <3

It's like I'm on a different planet than some people, though.

I don't believe in different types of love. (I'm known to argue with people about Plato.) I don't "fall in" or "fall out" of love. There is only the recognition of love, and it has no beginning and no ending.

It means that if a relationship is like a house, and love is like air, I don't need to settle for a bad relationship because there is love, just as I don't need to settle for a bad house just because it has air.

It also means that The Beetles song, "Love is all you need" makes as much sense as saying "Air is all you need."

• @mistermann  5 weeks

Gay cismale here (he/him)! I write lots of protest music and some of it is queer-themed or at the intersection of queer and my conservative/Evangelical upbringing (my first full album under my protest name was all about this - I named it Holy Hand Grenade). If you want to learn more you can check out my profile links.

I'll probably be writing SOME more protest music this FAWM as well but looking forward to writing some not protest music too. There's been so much for me to protest and process lately.

Relevant to this group - you should all checkout Homoground Radio and Alt Q Radio if you haven't already. Both focus on submissions from queer artists like ourselves, and the latter was kind enough to put one of my gun violence songs on rotation for over a month!

• @elesimo  5 weeks

I love your approach, @yam655!

When I was in college I remember a few friends talking about to how many people they had said "I love you". One person had never said to anyone. Another said it once. Someone had said it to two people. When they asked me I said "wat, I lost count! maybe 15 or 20?" Because every person is a beautiful universe, and every time I got to know someone more in depth I would immediately love them.

• @celineellis  5 weeks

Hey you fabulous group!! Lesbian, Married, she/her jumping in the mix. Only my second FAWM and raring to go. I’m in love with this thread already!

I have tasked myself with creating an LGBTQIA+ anthem this year. Something I’ve always wanted to write and would love all yours feedback on it if I get it done!!

@yam655 that's a beautiful perspective!

@mistermann cheers to writing at the intersections of queerness and Evangelical upbringings! I'm in the same boat lol. I'll have to check out your album!

• @cairobraga  5 weeks

@yam655 I love your perspective and I identify with it, for sure. [hugs hugs hugs] <3 <3 <3

• @yam655  5 weeks

@elesimo That's basically it. It's just a baby step from recognizing each individual as a beautiful, lovable universe to anticipating that new individuals will be beautiful, lovable universes, and loving them even before it is confirmed.

@alyxanderjames Thanks!

• @yam655  5 weeks

@cairobraga Excellent! <3 [hugs hugs] <3

• @gardeningangel1  5 weeks

Hello, fellow queers and allies! Non-binary asexual here (they/them). I feel incredibly fortunate to be here after growing up being told that I literally could not be who I am. Well, here I am! This is my favorite corner of FAWM ☺

• @mistermann  5 weeks

@alyxanderjames there's a SURPRISINGLY rich inkwell to draw from, isn't it? Huge hugs to ya. <3

@yam655 "each individual as a beautiful, lovable universe" is a GORGEOUS perspective and I both adore it and admire the ease with which you appear to practice it.

I also appreciate that you are able to tease apart love from other concepts and actions like trust or vulnerability or generosity or obligation or any number of other things people tie in with love.

For example, while I can't say that I love everyone, I know that I love my homophobic relatives, even though I now choose to have no relationship with them because I do not trust that they wouldn't hurt me through that relationship.

• @ginomakesmusic  5 weeks

Howdy y'all! I'm Gino/Jean (he/they), I'm NB and queer, and while this isn't my first FAWM rodeo, this IS my first time reaching out to The Community on here. I've never really had much of a network of LGBTQIA+ peeps to fall back on, and it's truly warming my heart to see all kinds of people and perspectives and positivity here. It'll be nice to see y'all posting and hopefully we can look back fondly at the friends we made along the way.

Rock on, everyone!

• @yam655  5 weeks

@mistermann Some people are easier to love from a distance.

I see love as pretty simple. It's wanting the best for a person, even when that isn't me. It means that sometimes the most loving thing to do is to just stay the fuck away. (Plus, you've got to also love yourself.)

I have a conservative uncle that I saw once a year at Christmas. We could mostly put up with each other one time a year for the sake of other family members.

I cut that part of my family out of my life when my eldest came out as trans. I decided I didn't need to wait until something horrible happened, as anyone could predict that something horrible _would_ happen.

I hope things are going well for him and his family. I'm just also glad he's is in another town.

• @elainedimasi  5 weeks

This thread brings a BIG smile! 😀

This ally is glad there can be such a thing as a poly-ish she/her living monogam-ish and loving everybody just a *leetle* bit more if they're usually far away.

Having a great love of relationships being mostly fictional is not bad for my songwriting at all 😀

• @riffraff1990 5 weeks

HELLO FELLOW QUEER FAWMERS. 😊♥️ Lesbian songstress from the pacific northwest checking in. Love this thread as always. This is my third year here. I have missed this awesome community and can't wait to get started. Wishing you all a wonderful FAWM. Feel free to reach out and I will do my best to drop by on y'all's pages. Stay beautiful 🙏

• @riffraff1990 5 weeks

@thelowestbitter oh how I miss those homosexual misadventures. 😂😂 I now feel compelled to write a bad date song this year. Thanks lol

• @frenchcricket 5 weeks

Hi, I'm Anya and I'm really proud of how much our queer fawmily has grown!

My pronouns are she/her and (trying out, even tho everyone forgets, they/them). In terms of sexuality I haven't got a clue, let's just say bi or pan for now.

I'm also autistic but I can't find a neurodivergent thread yet hah!

Oh, and echoing Wren up thread, I also have had and do have anxiety about voice and 'passing' on songs, but there's ultimately not very much I can do about it. I don't really wanna do PC music style voice shifting

• @jackdawfactories  5 weeks

hey hey. Non-binary and somewhere on the aroace spectrum, and trying not to feel like a fraud because I don't have the energy to shave very often.

• @dreamscuba  5 weeks

I have close family and good friends that are queer (they are not part of the FAWM family)...but I definitely am an ally of this family!!
    I look forward to hearing all of your songs....Good luck with FAWM!

@jackdawfactories as a nonbinary human with a substantial beard, let me just say - you are not a fraud! (I do get those feels, though. <3)

• @mlv  5 weeks

Queer human over in London, here. Hi, queer FAWMfam. 😀

• @leslie  5 weeks

I love this thread! I'm very new to identifying as queer in public so I am so grateful to find you all. I've been doing FAWM for 12 years and never said, "hi! I'm queer!" here before.

No pronouns quite capture me yet, so I'll stick with she/her until I find them. I'm pan, all about the soul connection, and I'm autistic.

I write a lot from the perspective of female characters in folklore & mythology and the more I think about why that's been so integral to my work the more I realize it's because I was socialized as a girl. Diving deep into what makes a female archetype, female, has been a very healing journey for me and allowed me to step back from how my own gender identity was imposed and enforced from birth, regardless of how I would have expressed myself naturally.

I love songwriting. It's amazing therapy. Looking forward to hearing your songs!

@frenchcricket I think we may have a lot in common

• @cairobraga  5 weeks

@jackdawfactories @alyxanderjames yay to identity and expression being related but not dependent. I'm also a bearded enby.

• @frenchcricket 5 weeks

@leslie I was just thinking that before I even got to the end of your post!

• @ineloquentsd  5 weeks

Hi, I’m SD, they/them. I’m nonbinary and queer to the point that I can and have used a decision tree to explain the details of my orientation. I’m also polyamorous, autistic, and chronically ill, all of which are themes that tend to turn up in my music.

This will be my first FAWM, but I’m already super excited to see what awesome queer music we produce as a community!

@leslie @frenchcricket Ah, fellow queer neurodivergent people!

• @mistermann  5 weeks

@leslie @frenchcricket @ineloquentsd hiiii!

In lieu of a separate neurodivergent thread at the moment I will just share here my late adulthood diagnosis of “sprinkles” of autism. Getting diagnosed SO helped explain things about myself I could previously only articulate as “I’m just weird like that”.

Nice to see that side of my identity in the mix here too. ❤️

• @ianquiet1 5 weeks

Hi! Ian Quiet from Louisiana. Gay male accepting all pronouns. Looking forward to hearing the music everyone makes!

• @wrenarcher  5 weeks

Hi Anya! (@frenchcricket) *wave wave wave*
    After receiving some encouragement here and the welcoming, feel-good vibe of the site I'm getting a little better about feeling anxious about my voice and posting a recording.

@Leslie... Me, too! I'm loving this thread and seeing so many trans, enbies and queer folk in the fawmly.

I'm kinda new to identifying as queer in public as well. Except for a handful of times going out with my wife and looking like a cute lesbian couple, FAWM is the first time I've ever disclosed to non-LGBTQ folks my transness. Feels pretty good, especially being accepted and made to feel welcome.

Only a few more days till the start right! Looking forward to hear what y'all on this thread are able to create. (sorry about the "y'all". I might be shapeshifting but you can't take the Texan outta the girl I'm afraid." 😁

• @cairobraga  5 weeks

@wrenarcher there's a case to be made about "y'all" being great gender neutral language, tho. I use it often and love it.

• @yam655  5 weeks

I'm a big proponent of beards for all. There are cis women who can grow glorious beards, but who shave them (or use permanent solutions) because of shame and embarrassment. The only way for them to feel welcome as women with beards is if society welcomes _all_ women with beards.

Also, I not only have songs about gluing hair to people's faces (with a lyric video), I have a song about a sentient-beard overlord who kills anyone that doesn't at least wear a yarn beard.

• @yam655  5 weeks

@wrenarcher My understanding is that it is classist to complain about the use of "y'all". There's no need to apologize for it.

It's very little different to how the English make fun of the accent of folks from certain parts of England. Lots of hand-waving and rationalizing, but it boils down to classism. The wealthy say it "right," and the poorer folks need to conform.

• @frenchcricket 5 weeks

Where i grew up (a dismal seaside town) the second person plural pronoun was ‘youse’ or ‘youse lot’

• @fourzeroes 5 weeks

Bi, and cis male until/unless I find something more appropriate. I know that sounds like a joke but it's honestly how I feel. Call me ish-male (now that's a joke).

Oh, and grey-a - I like people from any gender, but not many of them.

Also: autistic.

• @ryuu  5 weeks

I'm also glad to see so many neurodivergent people here. I got a push to be more out and proud and less apologetic about my ADHD just a few weeks ago. I got diagnosed about 6 years ago and suddenly a lot of things started to make sense.

• @frenchcricket 5 weeks

Seeing is this is on topic, is anyone watching the show It’s A Sin? It’s a Russell T Davies show about gay culture and AIDS in the 1980s

• @frenchcricket 5 weeks

@ryuu I’m glad too, and in a weird way i always thought of neurodivergence as a kind of ‘queering’ of neurotypicality so in my head when i included it, it fit right in

• @pearlmanhattan  5 weeks

Parent to a non-binary child, ally and not sure who I am at the moment. Cheers and Happy fawm.

• @ayehahmur  5 weeks

@frenchcricket Literally watching the final episode right now. Funny and tragic from start to finish.

• @cairobraga  5 weeks

@frenchcricket Imma waiting to watch it with my bf, but if he says no, his loss (full disclosure: I'm a fan of RTD and watch anything he does). what about VENENO, has anyone seen this game-changer of a TV series?

• @frenchcricket 5 weeks

@cairobraga I’ve not, I’m still really behind on queer telly, though I’ve finished Sense8 i haven’t finished Pose yet

@wrenarcher I use "y'all" all the time as a gender neutral plural, and I've never lived outside the Midwest! Definitely nothing to apologize for there.

@frenchcricket and @ryuu one of the reasons I love the label of "queer" is that it describes multiple things about me - my gender, how I experience attraction to other people, and how I experience living in my head (bipolar and loads of anxiety over here). I absolutely think of owning neurodivergence as a kind of queering. 😀

This whole thread is bringing me so much joy. I love you all!

• @jorh  5 weeks

@frenchcricket i finished it at the weekend (self-confessed binge watcher) - it was pretty incredible! Russel T Davies is a bit of a genius. I watched his show ‘years and years’ last year as well which I really enjoyed, that might have just been cause it had Russell tovey in though and I’m a bit obsessed with him 😂

• @ninipuff 5 weeks

haiii. she/they. cali queer here. taking notes on all the queer tv (VENENO looks 😍). been into queer filmmakers as of late--- derek jarman, tsai ming liang, apichatpong weerasethakul. there's also a 70s experimental film called "funeral parade of roses" about a trans woman in tokyo that is a low key masterpiece.

• @icedmochakitten 5 weeks

I am stunned by all of these happy queer posts! It never occurred to me to look for an LGBT+ community on here. I'm bi/aro and looking forward to writing some very queer raps 😁 (Going to go add pronouns to my bio now!)

• @celineellis  5 weeks

@frenchcricket all hail those who hail from dismal seaside towns. North Wales for me specifically, but I certainly have heard plenty of ‘youse’ in my time growing up there!

• @spacehoers420  5 weeks

I try to be an ally, although I'm also a total hermit, so I don't really know many LGBTQ+ people personally. But I also have severe anxiety and depression, which kind of explains why I'm a hermit. 😁

• @gardeningangel1  5 weeks

I almost added that I'm neurodivergent in my earlier post but wasn't sure if that was off-topic.
    I always wanted to grow my facial hair out but didn't have the courage until last March since I started wearing a mask in public so only my housemates could see my 'quarantee'. It's straggly but I love it.
    @spacehoers420 from one anxious hermit to another, I'm glad you're here. This is one place worth leaving the hermitage for.

• @leslie  4 weeks

I am loving the all the queer/neurodivergent intersection!

@alyxanderjames @frenchcricket I see it as a queering of neurotypicality too. Makes so much sense in my head.

@ryuu I'm 9 years on from my diagnosis and yes! Everything about me makes more sense by the day.

• @antlion 4 weeks

Queer guy here, love to see all the people in this thread!! 😀

• @ineloquentsd  4 weeks

@leslie @alyxanderjames @frenchcricket It actually makes a lot of sense to see neurodivergence as a queering of neurotypicality. After all, people who are neurodivergent are statistically more likely to identify as queer, partially because we tend to be less likely to see the point in conforming to the social conventions of gender and heterosexuality. The overlaps are positively fascinating.

• @janetjulian  4 weeks

Longtime queer here. Falling somewhere between bi and pan, currently in a monogamous lesbian marriage for the last 16 years (been together 24).

I’ve been a FAWM watcher for the last few years, finally going to try actually writing something this year. We’ll see how it goes! Glad to see such a friendly, happy queer community here!

• @cairobraga  4 weeks

on a tragically sad note, we lost one of our brightest yesterday: Sophie Xeon. @frey opened a thread about it: https://fawm.org/forums/topic/11244/

• @erikleppen 4 weeks

Thank you @frenchcricket and some others for mentioning the autism spectrum 😁 I identify with that (I love the term "neuroqueer"), besides being gay, (sometimes in doubt over being a-sexual); in fact, the first guy I was infatuated with, forms a huge inspiration for when I write lyrics. 😀 I haven't written good lyrics on autism though (except maybe one about how I think, rather than feel). Maybe that can be a challenge for whoever likes the idea? I'd like to hear autism-inspired songs 😀

• @fabiomrbarbosa 4 weeks

Hello everyone, my name is Fábio and I am a Portuguese with dreams of travelling the world, although currently stuck in Germany. I'm gay and go by he/him (although I'm still trying to navigate my gender vis-à-vis culturally imposed roles, how they vary so much and how I just don't care for those). I'm mainly a writer and have no musical training, but recently @cairobraga told me about FAWM and I was instantly hooked. Very happy already to see a significant amount of queer people around here. As a poet, most of my work so far deals with spirituality, trauma, grief and desire — therefore, all shades of yearning — so let's see what comes out of my first experience here at FAWM!

• @ineloquentsd  4 weeks

Hey, @fabiomrbarbosa! Those themes super speak to me. Something about the intersectionality of being queer with gender expectations and faith makes for super compelling work. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

• @nuerdetjuligen  4 weeks

Thank you Cairo for starting the thread! I'm a queer cis gal from the country. She/her. I've done fawm off and on for years but never spent proper time in the forums. What a wonderful rainbow brick road to stumble onto! Very excited to hear what y'all are cooking up this month. Rest in Perfection, legendary Sophie!

• @alonetogether  4 weeks

my goal this year is remembering to post in this thread

theres gonna be so much gender in my songs this year

• @frenchcricket 4 weeks

@alonetogether *slaps Ableton Live*
    This baby can hold so much gender

• @jackdawfactories  4 weeks

There's a band on the circuit I used to love who introduced every song with "this is a song about gender"; I enjoyed it greatly but sadly the band is now tainted by all kinds of gross baggage. As is the way of things

• @lexicon503  4 weeks

Hi!
    Queer extremely married neurodivergent grey-a enby here.
    Gender du jour is <holds up a finger to check> some type of light green mist.

I am deciding at pretty much the last minute that I need to participate this year, even though I definitely have no time. It's been a little while. I figure the more I'm doing in life, the more I can pile on through sheer momentum.

• @websheldon  4 weeks

Hii - I'm Will, gay, he/him, from the UK but moved to Barcelona in July following a break up. I guess I am closer to being Polyamorous than any other label but I've only started realising this in the last year. It's so good to see this thread, the wonderfully open and interesting people here and the topics being mentioned <3

• @jinx  4 weeks

Hey y'all! Great to "see" you all. I'm Jinx, a cis female panromantic demisexual. (I know it's a mouthful: I tend to summarize it for people by saying "I'm theoretically open to anything but not impressed by what I've seen so far".)

• @stevenwesleyguiles  4 weeks

Ally and friend here. I've been taking a lot of time to listen to people this past year (ever since George Floyd) and realizing how little I know and how much privilege I carry around. (Not that George Floyd is related to this thread - but sort of - in the "hey, lots of people are hurting and don't have the privilege that many others have).

I hope you all feel safe and loved here.
    You are seen and loved, my fiercely fabulous friends!

@judypie I love Schitt's Creek and agree: they're my favorite queer couple in a show I've seen (so far). 😀

• @frenchcricket 4 weeks

@judypie @stevenwesleyguiles I’m still unable to listen to ‘The Best’ without dissolving into a tear puddle

• @judypie  4 weeks

@frenchcricket yup 100%! I keep trying to find something to watch where I love the characters as much but nothing’s coming close!

• @theodamus  4 weeks

Kia ora from Aotearoa New Zealand, hello fellow queers! I’m a queer agender (they/them) solidly neurodivergent human, and I love this thread and all of you

• @wurzelfrau 4 weeks

Hey beautiful people,
    I'm Joy (they/them), nonbinary, very bisexual and polyamorous from Germany and very excited to be here and participate again. <3

• @rosedeschamps  4 weeks

Hello! I’m Rose (she/her) from New Zealand and I’m a disaster bisexual with ADHD (diagnosis fresh out of the oven at the tender age of 34!) I’ve been FAWMing on and off since 2007 and there’s no place like home 💙

• @alyxanderjames  4 weeks

I feel like a lot of y'all will appreciate that @fecknom has just invented the tag #nonbinaryperson-with-guitar, and I'd love to see other nonbinary folks use it so I can find your songs more easily! 😁

• @colgoo 4 weeks

Raising my hand....I am so gay that after leaving an abusive lesbian relationship in 1996, I U-Hauled myself into a monogamous “traditional” marriage only to find out a couple of decades later that I’d married a “mermaid”(He/she/they identifies as non-binary lesbian). We have a pansexual daughter and a transgender son whose new name just got announced to us a couple of weeks ago. Also, my spouse person and I opened up our marriage to polyamory during a freaking pandemic, so I am dealing with the intricacies of building a relationship with my queer metamour while navigating socially distanced “dating” over OK Cupid. I am a huge fan of Kitchen Table relationships. I am that annoying person who chats next to strangers on the bus (so OKC is my pandemic substitution).

Yep....I have got a lot of song material this year!!!

• @silenceinthetemple 4 weeks

Hi everyone. So happy to see so many lovely queer people and allies. My name is Jessie. I've recently realized that I am genderfluid and pansexual. I've never told anyone this, but this thread was just the catalyst I needed to say it "out loud." I'm also neurodivergent, and my recent struggles have inspired me (last minute) to channel all of these things into something positive, that positive thing being FAWM.

I'm working on a series of genre-spanning concept albums in a sci fi story about a nonbinary character with themes of environmentalism, humanism, anti-fascism, spirituality, and a deep love for science and the cosmos. My FAWM album, if all goes well, will fit somewhere in that big picture.

At any rate, this thread made my day. Now back to Ableton for the foreseeable future...

• @frenchcricket 4 weeks

@calgoo you have a rainbow family. Blessed!

• @frenchcricket 4 weeks

@silenceinthetemple welcome to the queer FAWMily! Help yourself to pickles and finger food.

This thread gives me a little endorphin bump every time someone replies!

• @cairobraga  4 weeks

@colgoo OMGurl, I love your story! as @frenchcricket said, what a blessing to have a rainbow family! also a rainbow FAWMily, amirite?

also as Anya above, I love coming here and seeing new people introduce themselves. <3

• @torosintheatmosphere 4 weeks

An ally checking in from Berlin, via Seattle. I'm loving the support I see on this thread and wanted to add my own.

• @colgoo 3 weeks

@cairobraga @frenchcricket

Rainbow FAWMily, indeed. Little did I realize, when adopting infants, that I would be trying to give them the support that I never had as a young queer as they matured....

So many of my family embraced my spouse for “rescuing” me from being a lesbian! Haha!

• @johnnycashpoint 3 weeks

Total bender here in London

• @ofishell  3 weeks

@frenchcricket "Help yourself to pickles and finger food." 😂

@judypie - David Rose says out loud all the things I am typically thinking. A cousin once told me that she wanted to be Moira, and I said that I wanted to be David...she replied, "oh please, honey; you ARE David."

@auditasum and @wurzelfrau - I have missed y'all!

Cis gay male here (he/him). Not old. No longer young.

I participated in many FAWMs years ago, but 2017 was the last time for many boring reasons, but I'm back. I think. Maybe.

• @judypie  3 weeks

Hahah fantastic @ofishell ! I am head over heels in love with David ❤️
    I annoyed my partner for weeks when I binge-watched it last year, I just BECAME Moira. We’d be in the supermarket discussing what veg to buy and he’d be like ‘Stop it, you’re talking like her again’ He was so ashamed of me 😂

• @ofishell  3 weeks

@judypie - 😂Remind your partner that he should be so lucky as to hang out with Moira Rose!

• @kahlo2013 3 weeks

Late to the party but happy to be a long-standing member of the Queer community and out lesbian for over four decades. Happy to see y’all and welcome the richness of our diverse community.

• @meggie 3 weeks

Hellooooooo!!! I'm Meggie!!! I'm a bi lady living in LA with my wife, two cats and a dog. So happy to have found you all!!

• @berni1954  3 weeks

Memories of being on the scene as a young man flooded back as I wrote this skirmish entry tonight.
    https://fawm.org/songs/113546/

Been in Suffragette City for years now, but still a fierce ally.

• @silenceinthetemple 3 weeks

@frenchcricket Thanks so much for making me feel welcome. Don't mind if I do!

I'm in awe of this community's positivity. It brings me so much joy. As does hearing all the amazing music made by so many. I just wish I had more time to listen and comment.

• @psyt 3 weeks

Oh hey, I didn't know this thread existed. I'm Melody, lesbian trans woman from Haifa, Israel. My pronouns are she/her. I haven't written anything relevant to transness in ages, but if a song that encourages cunnilingus (without profanity) counts for anything, the first song I wrote this February should be right up your alley. 😝
    https://fawm.org/songs/111011/

• @ekunyi  3 weeks

Hello friends! This is really lovely to see here. I'm genderfluid and bi, and use both they/them and she/her pronouns. Sometimes I write about queer stuff! Sometimes I just write about cats (I have two who have me thoroughly wrapped around their respective orange and black paws) and geeky stuff. When not music-ing I'm a therapist who primarily serves queer and trans people, neurodivergent folks, and folks living in the space where those communities intersect. Happy to find this thread! <3

• @kenmattsson  3 weeks

Hello, gay cis middle aged guy here. Been out for longer than many of you have been on this earth.

2020 was my first FAWM, but I'm doing much better at this one. Haven't written any specifically GBTQ songs (don't think I qualify for the L section!) but that might change this FAWM.

• @cairobraga  3 weeks

hey @phoenixash @johnnybigoode, come and say hello!

• @phoenixash 3 weeks

Hello peeps gay dude over here. I write operatic heavy metal.

• @onceandfuturegabi 3 weeks

Howdy! I didn’t see this thread earlier, I’m definitely mining it to find more queer artists to follow 😀.

I’m a nonbinary guitarist and songwriter. So far this year I’ve got only one song that heavily deals with gay themes (My Patroclus), but I’m working on another and hopefully more will come to me. I did FAWM in 2019 and hit my goal of 14 songs, but last year I fell way short.

• @johnnybigoode 3 weeks

Hello I am currently confusion
    I'm moving from cis-male-gay to ? for a while now.
    Can't much about the ? thou, gets me nervous, gets me crying, gets me emotional and irrational.

For some shameless self promotion, you can hear me breaking down softly with my third track this FAWM - https://fawm.org/songs/115107/

• @alyxanderjames  3 weeks

@johnnybigoode "I am currently confusion" is a big mood, I have definitely been there. Big love for that.

• @wylddandelyon 3 weeks

Hi! Bi/Pan and somewhere in the enby spectrum. And I have a song to share: Sailing With Siofra: https://fawm.org/songs/116704/

• @themelgoexperience  2 weeks

omg just found this thread! Hi everyone! This is my first FAWM. She/Her queer girl writing songs about all types of stuff. Happy writing <3

• @arthurrossi 2 weeks

My relationship is rather one of those "old-fashioned" or "conventional" ones, but it makes me very happy to see we also have a thread like this one here as a tribute to tolerance and mutual respect... <3

• @meggie 2 weeks

Hey queer FAWMers! I have a question and I hope someone sees and can help me. Has anyone else posted a song about their experience as a queer person and had it flagged as NSFW? I just posted what I feel is a very innocent song this morning and its been flagged as such. If I go in to edit the song info and uncheck it, it just keeps coming back. I want to extend the benefit of the doubt to FAWM but I can't lie, I'm pretty ticked at the moment and I'm not sure if I email them it will help because it seems like they're a small team. Thoughts?

• @vomvorton  2 weeks

@meggie the lyrics contain the word "shitty" - that will be one of the words that automatically triggers the NSFW flag.

• @meggie 2 weeks

@vomvorton Ok, THANK YOU for the sanity check. I was just really surprised to see the auto tag, and didn't think about my song that way, but you're right, I used a cursey word. I appreciate your help, I was just really worried for a moment they were censoring things that didn't need censoring and forgot that was in there too.

• @moonraccoon  2 weeks

Bi enby in a small town. I don't declare pronouns in person b/c I present as cis-masculine and--for me--it isn't worth the argument. I try to make up for that (lack of fortitude? cowardice?) by using my passing privilege to present as a loud ally in normative spaces when a loud bigot decides to try to make it an exclusionary space (with exceptions; there's a vibe dangerous people have).

FWIW I never use gendered pronouns in my lyrics, unless writing about specific characters. No judgement for lyricists who do, though (welllll, some judgement sometimes--depends on the presentation).

• @berni1954  1 week

I just posted an entry for the "Write a Song as another Band" challenge.

This one harks back to my old drag queen days... The band on this song never existed. But I sure would like to have fronted it, if it had. 😁

https://fawm.org/songs/120976/

• @caseewilson  1 week

I am SO late checking in! I'm Casee - queer and ally - my husband is a trans man who started transitioning a couple of years ago. Glad to find this thread 😁 Hello all!

• @celineellis  1 week

Hey Fam - i hope your all having an awesome FAWM?! cant believe it is the final week already.

Ive written a song for our all encompassing family. I have been working on it since week one, but it took me a while to talk myself into posting it. Mainly, because i didnt feel like i could be the voice for such a diverse, exceptional community. but i played it to my wife and she insisted i share it with everyone! so here it is!

https://fawm.org/songs/121173/

• @berni1954  1 week

After coming out of retirement after many years (see my last post above) my Drag Queen alter-ego took me over this morning and insisted that the cheesy song I was writing for a cheesy keyboard was perfect for her. Who am I to argue.

Here is "Queen Beaver" (she don't give a damn) singing. "Cheesy Little Keyboard"

https://fawm.org/songs/121358/

• @sheilerk  1 week

Just listened to that little treat from Queen Beaver! You sing it Guuuurl!! Two gems from The Queen so far, and I can’t stop smilin’😁

• @sheilerk  1 week

Oh, btw, Ally here. She/her with a granddaughter who is still deciding on her pronouns, but is pretty sure she likes girls, and is sticking with she/her for now.

• @mikeskliar  1 week

Ally here. Just wrote and posted a new song 'Black Dress' dealing with, in part, some lgbtq-related issues. I hope I'm not presuming to write about an issue I haven't lived as much as others. Over the course of my lifetime thus far, I've seen some gender stereotypes fall, which of course is long overdue and a welcome development. The idea for this lyric came from thinking about those issues and then coming up with the wordplay of the first verse. Hope this conveys what I intended, and please let me know if it 'works' or not, for you. ...anyway, enjoy! (I hope?) Would really appreciate honest feedback.

https://fawm.org/songs/122277/

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...