Announcing the new FAWM Merch Store

Skip to the bottom

• @ericdistad  Jan 26

New for FAWM 2021 we have updated the FAWM Merch store! We are now using Bandcamp.

You can check out the new store here: https://fawm.bandcamp.com or via the link on the Donate page.

There's no new merch items for this year, but we've updated some pricing as well as added a bunch of great pictures supplied by y'all.

If you have great pictures of FAWM Merch in action, please feel free to send them our way! And if you have ideas for new Merch items, please send those ideas our way as well!

• @alyxanderjames  Jan 26

Woohoo! Just ordered hoodies for me and @fecknom. 😁

• @complexissimple Jan 26

I didn't think I would have any merch suggestions, but then when I clicked through to the shop and saw that the last FAWMpilation album was from 2010, I did. I realize the difficulty of choosing tracks for those, with so many participants. But what about an album of songs in which all FAWMers are invited to participate, such as whatever's going on at Castle Dragondreams, Kaiju Corpses, etc? I suppose you would have to get everyone's permission to be on the album when they submitted their contributions, but it might be doable?

• @cts  Jan 26

*with clinched fist* I WILL have that hoodie...

• @paulhenry  Jan 26

@complexissimple. I applaud your sentiment, but I wonder if there is any call for it. Not the music (never that!), But the format. The last time I offered an album, for free, to an acquaintance, they actually said, "Oh, a CD. How quaint."

@paulhenry I mean, it doesn't have to be a CD. It can be downloadable.

• @alboe Jan 26

No more thermo coffee cups?
    I’m still enjoying mine.

• @stephenwordsmith  Jan 26

@complexissimple : People weren't buying 'em. There was a 2011 Fawmpilation, which was actually spread across 9 albums and available online only, for less than half the price of the first 6 editions. A few years after the Bandcamp page went live, Burr reported that a grand total of 7 copies (across all 9 albums) had been sold.

Now, there were a few confounding variables at play - it took time to curate and the publicity wasn't as widespread as in previous years, and there wasn't the same onus to polish the quality of the tracks, leaving much of the material quite rough.

But it's hard to argue with such a sales volume. The discussions we had in the wake of it also revealed that people weren't using the albums as tools of evangelisation or even having them on high rotate. People could just save the tracks they liked to playlists, anyway.

• @stephenwordsmith  Jan 26

FWIW, I have all the 6 original FAWMpilations, and would still call five of them well worth the price of admission.

• @mishykatz  Jan 26

my FAWM hoodie is my fave

• @metalfoot  Jan 26

Remind me in March to do the page layout for a FAWM/5090 music writing journal (staff paper, lined pages, blank pages, bullet pages, etc...)

I don't want to derail the thread with discussion of albums, because I'm pretty sure we can all go round and round on that subject forever (or at least some of the past discussions felt like forever). But I do think it's worth trying again at some point. Just because things didn't work out in 2011 doesn't necessarily mean they never can again. It may just require a little experimentation to find what does work.

• @cairobraga  Jan 27

I want that songwriting journal @metalfoot

• @audrey  Jan 27

Lighter coloured T-shirts would be nice (but not white). Thanks for asking for input. 😀

• @guatecoop  Jan 27

I think with all of the artists and graphic designers on fawm that a design contest is in order! I personally love the rock hand T-shirt, but I have two and my size is unavailable.

• @tseaver  Jan 27

I'm lovin' the hoodie I got just this past weekend. I'll probably be wearing it while writing / recording all through FAWMbruary.

• @candle  Jan 27

Future Merch idea: FAWM Plectrum with the FAWM logo or the Rock Hands logo.

See You In The Shadows…

• @complexissimple Jan 27

Scarves? That's something that a lot of people might like to wear in February.

I've actually been working on upgrading my wardrobe (hopefully in time for February - it's one thing to lounge around in sweats or pajamas all month (all year. . .) when you're locked in your basement writing songs, but another when you're planning on posting video demos). As such, I'm more likely to wear a dress shirt than a t-shirt these days, given the choice, although I'm not sure about the desirability of one with a logo. I might like a FAWM tie or blazer or even a pocket square but I suspect not many would go for those either.

Perhaps an enamel pin? An embroidered patch?

Now that you've got me started, I may be popping in with merch suggestions until March. I vaguely feel like I should apologize for that.

Have you considered merch based on the candy hearts? I can't remember what any of them say except "Strum my uke", but they're all music-related, right?

• @vegansongs  Jan 27

Loved the older T shirt knob logo " mine goes to 14"? Any chance you can bring that grey one back?

• @complexissimple Feb 7

Told you I would be back with more merch suggestions. Rock hand hairclips, earrings, pendants, cufflinks. . . I for one would definitely wear the cufflinks.

• @kathym  Feb 7

I have the gray hoodie and was hoping to snag a navy one but my size is sold out, so I'll hope that they might come back in stock at some point.

Alas, my faithful rich red with silver cap travel mug finally met its demise after many years of heavy use. I had both the original, which was a bit more metallic in its use of layered color and the flat red one. I thought the original one was better made, preferred the depth of color, and the top stayed on better.

But we know it takes $$$ to get these things manufactured, so I'll just keep checking to see what might be available. For now, I'm thankful for my rock hand and file hosting.

• @alyxanderjames  Feb 7

I wonder if some sort of print-on-demand service (like a Zazzle or Redbubble or Teespring) would be useful for merch. Not sure if it'd end up being worth it in terms of how much you'd get as a donation per item, but it would take up-front production costs out of the equation.

• @pipewrench67  Feb 13

@ericdistad Are there pink cancelling sunglasses available in the shoppe?

• @karan  Feb 13

As every year, I am expressing my unflinching desire for a red hoodie with the FAWM logo. 😀
    And I second @alyxanderjames idea to use a print-on-demand service for at least some of the merch, because it will give the opportunity for more variety, in particular for those who already purchased all they wanted from FAWM's own meach site.

• @krrisstin  Feb 13

sweet, i just ordered a t shirt 😀 thank you for putting this together!

• @complexissimple Feb 13

I wonder how hard it is to get headphones printed with a custom logo?

• @elainedimasi  Feb 13

Woot! New t-shirt for me too 😀 my old t-shirt is so threadbare it's too transparent to wear even as a nightie, and my last FAWM hoodie is in the the fabric scrap bag waiting to have the logo stitched to something else.

@karan I want a red hoodie too. Nice thick heavy cotton! Or better yet a blend of cotton-hemp!

@complexissimple I adore the idea of printing the candy hearts!

• @complexissimple Feb 13

This one is a little random, but what about FAWM cookie cutters?

• @complexissimple Feb 14

I feel like we've discussed this before, but. . . what if the FAWM merch store actually sold the heart candies that appear on the site?

• @complexissimple Feb 19

FAWM pajamas for lounging around in while writing songs?

• @complexissimple Feb 21

A rock hands print bow tie.

Actually, you could just sell printed fabrics, but I don't know how many FAWMers also sew.

• @pipewrench67  Mar 2

Is Slothcore merch, future of the FAWM online store?

• @complexissimple Mar 2

@pipewrench67 It seems like it would make sense to have a few limited-edition items each year referencing whatever was big during that FAWM - whether it be slothcore or EasyShed. They'd have to get them out for sale fast though, before everyone disappears in March.

@ericdistad just to make sure you guys have seen all the merch suggestions (no pressure).

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...