FAWM Crypto

Skip to the bottom

• @cleansupafterburn Jan 23

Hey, does anyone have the wherewithal to create participation points? economics are just numbers on screens now anyway right? Maybe that way we can all afford our metal hands.

Not sure what else to say about that, except that my flirts are worth .1 in honourary leaving while the best part happens tokens. I suppose we could say if you click away from a song on the fawmers database you get one, but only after listening to the first half, hyperbolic style.

• @cleansupafterburn Jan 23

shenanigans unless somebody does it. lemmeknow.

• @fuzzy  Jan 23

What can we do with the points?
    Exchange them for a toaster when we get enough?
    Cos I really need a new toaster.

• @dasbinky  Jan 23

@fuzzy Deep down, FAWM has always been about toasters.

Always.

• @charliecheney  Jan 28

I love the smell of toasted alt-coins in the morning.

• @charliecheney  Jan 28

Especially now that google has released the long yearned for smellovision chrome extension!

• @tseaver  Jan 28

T04st-m4st3r-s33kr1t-r00l3rz-0f-th3-un1v3rs3 unite! And organize h3r3!

• @pearlmanhattan  Jan 28

Flirts? There are flirts on Fawm?

• @kable  Jan 28

So . . . what in the world is anyone talking about?

• @robynmackenzie  Jan 28

I don't even have a toaster. I hope I get points.

• @mdavisto  Jan 28

Peasants. I have a four slice toaster.

... that I can't use because my fat ass is on keto. Oh well.

• @coolparadiso  Jan 28

I've got two toasters does it work backwards and I can trade them for listens?

• @dragondreams  Jan 28

Taking a bath with a toaster is certainly an exciting white knuckle experience.

• @timfatchen  Jan 28

Toasters. Keto diets. Baths. I want to hide under a rock, but that's just cryptic, right?

• @carleybaer  Jan 28

I got two burnt toasters and a FAWM cryptooooo

• @cblack Jan 28

My toaster is actually a kettle. It's... difficult.

• @johnstaples  Jan 28

I'll plug in the toaster and turn on White Rabbit then get in the tub. When the song peaks, you toss the toaster into the tub!

• @dragondreams  Jan 28

@johnstaples You do this too?!
    Cool! πŸ˜€

• @dasbinky  Jan 28

@carleybaer Truly, that is where it's at. πŸ˜€

• @audrey  Jan 28

Ha ha ha! Are we gonna start seeing toaster songs this FAWM? How about this for a song title: "I Bought my Toaster with Cryptocurrency" (and it's currently sitting in my bathtub out of current)

• @zecoop  Jan 28

All this talk of toasters is flashing me back in time... πŸ˜‰

• @erbaer  Jan 28

Either my Smell-o-vision stopped working or my computer has a virus.

• @johnstaples  Jan 28

@audrey Ha! How about "I Forked My Toaster (and now I can't breath)"

• @ianuarius  Jan 28

I have toasters I'm trading for points. Don't ask me why. I really need those points.

• @cairobraga  Jan 28

Toastercoin?
    Bitfawm?
    Bitpointscoin?

• @pearlmanhattan  Jan 28

I left my toaster in Sandman's Disco

• @complexissimple Jan 28

@johnstaples I was trying to figure out where the peak is in White Rabbit and my brain for some reason went "It's a nice day for a White Rabbit". Not terribly helpful. (Probably because I just woke up.)

• @fuzzy  Jan 28

Now I have an earworm, @complexissimple.

• @carleybaer  Jan 28

@pearlmanhattan yes but where’s your wallet?? πŸ˜‰

• @toms  Jan 28

I sing the toaster electric,
    The armies of those breads I love engirth me and I engirth them,
    They will not let me off till I go with them, respond to them, consume them,
    And discorrupt them, and charge the bowels full with the charge of the soul.

• @paulhenry  Jan 28

Ah, a Whitman Sampler. That's how I put on all this wait during COVID.

• @headfirstonly  Jan 28

@zecoop I still have my "Flying Toasters" After Dark tie...

• @headfirstonly  Jan 28

Proof that we live in one of the weirder universes out there in the multiverse: Thomas M Disch, author of grim novels like The Genocides and Camp Concentration (as well as the novelisation of The Prisoner TV show) wrote a children's story called "The Brave Little Toaster: A Bedtime Story for Domestic Appliances."

John Lasseter wanted to make the film for Disney (it's been suggested that pitching the film to execs was one reason he got fired there); the film was eventually produced by Hyperion Pictures but the Pixar genes run deep. One character looks suspiciously like Luxo Jr and the late Joe Ranft does several character voices.

• @stephenwordsmith  Jan 28

The only true name for this currency would be Strangle Crypto.

• @dragondreams  Jan 28

@headfirstonly and @zecoop - I still have the Flying Toaster screen saver and a PC it runs on! Do I win some jam with bits in? Or do I get to propose a toast? Or do I just end up smelling of toast?
    @complexissimple - here's another thank you for the earworm too. πŸ˜‰

• @johnstaples  Jan 28

@complexissimple I guess it would be "Feed your head"? You'd have to ask Billy Idol about that Wedding Rabbit stuff!

• @elainedimasi  Jan 28

@charliecheney If I can't find a way to use "toasted alt-coins" as a noun in a song this season, I'll hold back from posting 14
    @mdavisto lol!
    @toms I don't wanna collaborate on that one
    @headfirstonly that ---- is amazing!
    @everyone-else LOL!

• @zecoop  Jan 28

@dragondreams - YES!! The super secret prize is awarded by inserting a piece of toast with jam on it into the "Toast Slot" on the front of the computer. Sometimes they are hard to insert, so just keep 'jamming' it in there. ...and PC?!?! Wasn't Flying Toasters After Dark a Mac thing? I had it on my Mac SE back when I used a Mac at my current company in the 90's.

• @zecoop  Jan 28

Speaking of Toast and Toasters... This is begging to be heard
    YEAH TOAST!
    https://youtu.be/SHptn_3RyYE

• @headfirstonly  Jan 28

@zecoop I'll just leave this here...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ceq6egmc_ks

(The exteriors for The Young Ones were all filmed just down the road from me!)

• @dragondreams  Jan 28

@ZeCoop, After Dark released a suite for PC and it included the infamous Flying Toilets...

• @toms  Jan 28

OMG @headfirstonly I just rewatched the Young Ones about a month ago. It had been years. πŸ˜€ Still amazing.

• @dragondreams  Jan 29

@johnstaples Yep! That's the one! 😁

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...