Government Time Travel Policy Writing

Skip to the bottom

• @cleansupafterburn Jan 20

We have to regulate all the sci-fi ideas or there will be cosmic anarchy. Please help.

• @oddbod  Jan 20

What can I do?

• @fuzzy  Jan 20

We don't need to regulate nuthin'.
    Regulation makes things too regular.

• @steviez  Jan 20

"will be" cosmic anarchy? 😀

• @robynmackenzie  Jan 20

I mean cosmic anarchy is cool with me.

• @dasbinky  Jan 20

I'm with @robynmackenzie, given the variety of options presented to us at this juncture in history, we could do a lot worse than cosmic anarchy.

• @zecoop  Jan 20

I'm in for Cosmic Anarchy! #teamCA

• @kissinginpublic  Jan 20

This is what patents are for. You can’t patent time travel unless you can prove it, which means travelling back in time and applying for a patent in the past, because that’s obviously the most logical thing to do. You become your own prior art, at which point your invention is illegal and you never try to patent it in the first place, thus it’s a paradox. Yes, the patent system is the biggest reason time travel is impossible.

• @dzdandcunfsd  Jan 20

@kissinginpublic or proof that Jean Claude and all the rest of the Time Cops are doing a standup job 😁

• @airbagtester  Jan 20

Sometimes you have to violate the Prime Directive. Cosmic Anarchy for me also.

• @kable  Jan 20

@kissinginpublic unless the inventor skips the patent and resorts to a trade secret instead. After all, it seems like the last thing an inventor of time travel would do is tell anyone about it.

• @kissinginpublic  Jan 20

@kable And this is because they would use it to gather untold riches through Time Travel Shennanigans? Which means if time travel exists, it would be owned by someone in the Forbes top 100...

• @kable  Jan 21

@kissinginpublic which leads me to the undeniable conclusion that . . . Elon Musk has already invented time travel, and every new wacky project he undertakes is merely an elaborate distraction. It all makes sense now!!

• @mikeb Jan 21

• @jmadison  Jan 21

@mikeb Ah! The answer!
    Now, what was the question again?

• @mikeb Jan 21

Life, the Universe and Everything...

• @robynmackenzie  Jan 21

@mikeb That reminds me, if we’re headed towards cosmic anarchy, I should probably grab my towel.

• @metalfoot  Jan 21

@robynmackenzie Make sure to pre-soak the corners as well, for nutritional purposes and don't forget your copy of HHGG.

• @cblack Jan 21

If I see any Vogon poetry on FAWM, I'm leaving. Totally not froody.

• @candle  Jan 21

@jmadison, the question was 9x7. And yes, it does explain everything. After all, 9x7=42 just makes the Cosmic Anarchy more likely #teamCA for the win!

See You In The Shadows…

p.s. Where did I put my towel… Marvin!

• @dzdandcunfsd  Jan 21

@cblack all my poetry could fall into the Vogon category 😁

• @cleansupafterburn Jan 21

You are all trolling right along very well. Thanks. Please put the actual policy in your lyrics this February.

• @candle  Jan 21

Tag it #teamCA or #cosmicanarchy ? I like the idea @cleansupafterburn.

See You In The Shadows…

• @complexissimple Jan 22

I probably should write a song about this in the context of my "Ultimate Steampunk-verse" project (which is mostly Star Trek but in submarines). One of the major driving forces behind everything is the fact that the inventor of time travel has to be kept from discovering that time travel already exists or he won't invent it.

• @gubna Jan 23

Govment time
    Time Travel
    Travel policy
    Policy writing
    Writing government

That’s like a song title I have in my song titles to use list:

Princess Anne Rice Noodles

• @auditasum  Jan 24

In my line of work assisting jewelry stores get their merchandise, I often get asked to get something to them "yesterday." For a while I've wanted to write a short story called Customer Service Time Machine, but this is inspiring me to make it a song instead...

• @gubna Jan 24

Time Travelling Customer Service Representative!

When it absolutely positively has to be there the week before last Tuesday!

• @davidbreslin101  Jan 30

The best approach to this problem is to let things proceed chaotically right to the end. Write down all the rules it /would/ have been good to have. Hand the list to a certified Time Agent, who will go back in time to the beginning of FAWM and establish the rules.

Of course, this means that our time-line and all the songs written in it will be erased from existence. But our sacrifice will be worth it to create a new time-line with properly regulated sci-fi memes.

• @elesimo  Jan 30

I don't know what this is, but I'm in.

• @the3queens  Feb 1

What if time travel is a genetic predisposition, like astral projection and NOT by machine? How can you possible regulate that?

• @complexissimple Feb 1

@the3queens Do you really think the government isn't going to TRY?

• @nuerdetjuligen  Feb 1

I sat with a guy on a train who tried to explain to me how text messages were real examples of time travel technology. I'm not a scientist and he used a lot of words I didn't know so that's probably why I couldn't wrap my brain around it. He also admitted that he was the Olsen Twins' illegitimate father. He told me if I looked hard enough, I could see it in their eyes. I regret not asking whether these things were related. Did he time travel through his text messaging app and that's how he met Mary Kate and Ashley's mom? Did he patent the process for text/time-travel? I don't think this helps your time travel policy issue but it's something to be aware of: Time travel can have serious consequences whether it's regulated or not.

• @robynmackenzie  Feb 7

Uh oh, I wrote a song about cosmic anarchy. Sort of. https://fawm.org/songs/114430/

• @auditasum  Feb 21

Here's my Customer Service Time Machine song 😀

https://fawm.org/songs/120683/

• @elesimo  Feb 24

And here's my song, combining many of the challenges I still wanted to do: https://fawm.org/songs/121675/

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...