Who's Zoomin' Who?

Skip to the bottom

• @swampjaw  Jan 18

Thinking of setting up a Zoom room, maybe once a week or so, to chat with other FAWMers. Anyone up for that sort of thing?
    --
    Sounds like there's interest, so I'll run Tuesday Night Music Club. I'll start up the Zoom, and whomever wants to show up, c'mon in.
    https://binghamton.zoom.us/j/97599248796

Tuesdays, 9pm to 10pm, East Coast time, starting January 26th to March 2nd. Folks can come and go as they please (I may need to be doing other stuff, but I'll keep the room open.)

I've set a passcode for the meeting, to hopefully limit spammers and trolls. You'll need to be logged in to Zoom (anonymous accounts - yeah, that's a no from me).

Pass code? Seven digits.
    Jenny, I've got your number. I need to make you mine. Jenny, don't change your number.

You know the rest.

• @nancyrost  Jan 18

Sounds like it could be fun and inspiring.

• @gginaustin Jan 18

Yes, please!

• @tcelliott  Jan 18

I'll be attempting to hit this at least a bit, but I might need a reminder at some point.

• @toms  Jan 18

Awesome idea.

• @ianuarius  Jan 18

Hmm, that'll be 4am for me and 3am for other European folk. I guess I'm not installing Zoom.

• @tseaver  Jan 18

@swampjaw I appreciate your effort to set up a channel for FAWMers to communicate.

I must confess that, after literally years (pre-FAWM) of video-chat meetngs, plus all the flailing attempts to "connect" communities over Zoom / other-video-chat, that I can't possibly find it in myself to do yet-another-video-call for FAMW this year.

Cheers, and best wishes to those for whom such a call is helpful / inspiring.

• @sbs2018  Jan 18

Sounds like a fun idea for FAWM, although I also must confess I’m kinda zoomed out.

• @snoozin  Jan 18

Zoom has become a four letter word here...LOL

• @andygetch  Jan 18

Its a definite possibility for me, thanks!

• @ianuarius  Jan 18

Who's joining me in ZUUL!!!!...?

• @complexissimple Jan 23

That's the time everyone in the household gets together to eat dinner and watch a TV show together, so I guess I won't bother to find out if I even can install Zoom either. . . unless someone else might be hosting at a different time of day?

• @airbagtester  Jan 23

Noice! 9-10pm EST is my sweet spot. I will tape it to my wall.

• @cynthiawolff  Jan 23

Thanks...I’ll try and pop by

• @elainedimasi  Jan 23

In!

@tseaver I just want to know what everybody looks like - I've been friends with you people for 13 years. It's time to blow the mystery out of this, quarantine hairstyles and all!

• @swampjaw  Jan 27

Hey, folks. Room is open, and will be that way for the next hour or so. I've got stuff I'm doing (RESEARCH PAPER DEADLINE!! WHAT WAS I THINKING?!), so I may come and go -- pop in, say hey, etc. There's a PIN to keep out interweb trolls.

Jenny, I got your number.
    Eight six seven five... if you don't know they lyrics, you shouldn't be in FAWM.

• @toms  Jan 27

Thank you Patrick, that was really enjoyable. Great way to end a long work day! 😀

• @andygetch  Jan 27

Very cool indeed, thanks!

• @guatecoop  Jan 27

Aw man, I missed it. bummer.. Maybe next week, but that is first week so I doubt it....

• @airbagtester  Jan 27

Crap, I missed it too. Today is Tuesday already? I thought it was December...

• @guatecoop  Jan 27

Yeah, at the very least it would have been nice to chat with some of you that I "know"! maybe I will make it happen next week.....Maybe.

• @swampjaw  Jan 27

I'll try to bump the thread a little earlier in the day, to give more of a heads-up. I'm having the room up for an hour or so -- and the plan is to have folks come and go as they need (I expect I'll be doing stuff as a well).

• @kiffa Jan 27

Hope to get in on this next week!

• @elainedimasi  Jan 27

Dang, was today tuesday? That was over fast!

• @bridgett Jan 30

Hiya - I'd like to join! I'll plan to join you this Tuesday. Thanks 😀

• @mctown Jan 30

lol

• @swampjaw  Feb 2

Bump. Tuesday Night Music Club.

I'll fire up the Zoom Room around 9pm. Pop in just to say hello, or hang and chat for a bit.

• @toms  Feb 2

I've got a d**n meeting. 😏

• @elainedimasi  Feb 3

Planning to join!

• @guatecoop  Feb 3

I’ll do my best to be there. That would be nice to chat with some fawmers

• @airbagtester  Feb 3

Oh good! I thought I was late 😀

• @andygetch  Feb 3

15 minutes, I'm there

• @guatecoop  Feb 3

Bump

• @mikeskliar  Feb 3

damn, just saw this thread- was that yesterday? next one on feb 9th? would love to 'see' everyone!

• @swampjaw  Feb 9

Tuesday again? Yup. Bumpity bump, I'll have the room up again around 9pm Eastern. Pop in and say hello, hang for a few seconds, or the hour, whatever tickles your fancy!

• @yam655  Feb 9

I'll be there!

• @wylddandelyon Feb 9

The timing probably doesn't work for me today. Maybe next week.

• @mikeskliar  Feb 10

i'll try to make it !

• @scubed  Feb 10

It sounds like fun. Unfortunately, I’ve committed to hosting a Tuesday evening skirmish at the exact same time for the remainder of FAWM, so I don’t think I’ll make it.

• @standup  Feb 10

I’m randomly commenting in this thread so it’ll be easier to see it coming next week.

• @airbagtester  Feb 10

I fell asleep around 8EST 😞 I needed it though...

• @swampjaw  Feb 16

Bump - I'll spin up the room later today. Drop in & say hello!

• @metalfoot  Feb 17

Every time I read the opening post I think of Sheryl Crow...

• @wylddandelyon Feb 17

I love the idea, but I don't think I can handle both a 1 hour zoom meeting and a skirmish at the same time.

• @swampjaw  Feb 17

@metalfoot Sheryl Crow is the reason I picked Tuesday.
    @wylddandelyon - no need to hang for the hour. People come and go. I'll probably check the skirmish topic, and might have a go at it.

• @mikeskliar  Feb 21

Last week's Tuesday zoom was great fun-- and a topic for a song suggested itself after Elaine said something, and the two of us cooked up this little thing...

https://fawm.org/songs/120641/

• @swampjaw  8 weeks

No Zoom water cooler this evening; I got slammed with real-world stuff. So, no excuses for you -- join the skirmish and write another one!

• @tunecat  8 weeks

Never saw this till now what a great idea.. but have the feeling that that time is late for us in UK

• @guatecoop  8 weeks

Oh, I’m definitely in tonight

• @guatecoop  8 weeks

I really wanted to do this tonight, but it’s canceled.....bummer. Maybe I will set one up.

• @guatecoop  8 weeks

I set up a zoom for tonight to fill the gap

• @guatecoop  8 weeks

Hey, since @swampjaw can't host a zoom hang out tonight, I figured that I would fill the gap for a week. Besides, I actually remembered that it was happening tonight and was looking forward to it. So, come on by and say hello from 9-10pm tonight. The password is the same for the other zoom.....you know....Jenny's number from Tommy Tutone.
    Here's the link....

• @guatecoop  8 weeks

We are still hanging out....come by and say hello! I will keep it open later than 10 as long as people are still around. Here's the link and password is from Tommy Tutone....

• @mikeskliar  8 weeks

I was there earlier- that was fun! great seein' a bunch of you!

• @kenmattsson  8 weeks

Thanks for letting me come and hang out with you all. Appreciate @guatecoop setting this up. As I mentioned, I'm happy to host a Kumospace event sometime.

• @mikeskliar  8 weeks

So remember trhat part of the conversation (those who were there) when the idea came about to 'write something that breaks all the rules of what you usually do'?
    Woke up this morning and did this, which does at least some of that (tho not all, probably)
    https://fawm.org/songs/121781/

• @elainedimasi  7 weeks

Bump. Is this a thing tomorrow, @swampjaw ? @guatecoop ?

• @zecoop  7 weeks

I’ll try to remember it this week. Not having FAWMing to do will make that easier, lol

• @guatecoop  7 weeks

@elainedimasi , thanks for the reminder!! I will set an alarm to remember....or to wake up for it now that I can actually go to bed!

• @vivalarayna 7 weeks

@zecoop - can you confirm here is this is happening? Also, can you please break down the details Barney-style for the Zoom challenged among us? Thanks!

• @zecoop  7 weeks

@vivalarayna - My brother is likely running the show, but he will post a link here and the password. I have not been to any yet, since I was too busy doing FAWM.

• @swampjaw  7 weeks

@guatecoop -- if you want to handle it, that'll be dandy. If not, I can spin up a Zoom session. Either way is fine, as long as there's one centralized water cooler we can all hang around.

@vivalarayna - to get in, download Zoom to your computer device thing (I find the Zoom app works well on iOS and MacOS, have heard things are fine in Android and Windows land too).

Then, around 9pm Eastern, click the link, and your web browser will ask "should I start up Zoom?", and you click "yeah, do it." If it winds up being my Zoom session, the URL is

Zoom will start up, ask for a pass code. To keep automated trolls to a minimum, you type in
    Eight Six Seven Five Three Oh Nine
    But like the actual numbers. Can you believe that @mikeskliar did not know that song?!? Seriously. There's something wrong with that boy. Too much Dylan on the brain.

You might get prompted to "join with video" and "join audio session," and be asked for permission to turn on the camera and microphone -- but after that, you'll be in on the Zoom session. Buttons somewhere on screen will turn on and off your mic and/or camera.

• @mikeskliar  7 weeks

@swampjaw - you know I love ya, but hey, I stand proudly by my lack of knowledge (or recall) of cheesy early 80's middle America bland radio hits! I guess by the early 80's I had discovered real music ! 😀 😀 😀 (note, don't take any of this swamp and me banter seriously, everyone!) I'll definitely try to stop by tonight- looking forward to it!

• @guatecoop  7 weeks

@swampjaw Let's just use yours tonight so we can avoid any confustion. I did it last just to fill in. I'm sure that we can bump this topic and maybe create a new one just to make sure that people aren't confused. I will change the post from last week to have your link. Thanks again for doing this for us.

• @swampjaw  7 weeks

@guatecoop - sounds good. FAWM decompress party!

• @kahlo2013 7 weeks

I would love to stop by tonight!
    I know the song!!

• @zecoop  7 weeks

Wow @mikeskliar - a punch to my early 80's power-pop loving gut!! Hahaha 😉

• @guatecoop  7 weeks

@mikeskliar : I have a challenge for YOU specifically tonight. You. I’m looking forward to it 😁

• @elainedimasi  7 weeks

Just let's NOT do a zoom based singalong. I heard that when people try that, it goes all #slothcore

• @guatecoop  7 weeks

@elainedimasi agreed. Or drum circle....well, I guess I could just take a restroom break haha

• @fearlessflight2014  7 weeks

Is this for anyone? Even renegade Australians who should be working?

• @mikeskliar  7 weeks

yes, please join us! three hours from now as I write this! the link and password are spelled out above (and yes, spelled out, not a silly early 80's clue i didn't know, ha! (long story there)

• @guatecoop  7 weeks

@fearlessflight2014 yes yes!!!!

• @swampjaw  7 weeks

@fearlessflight2014 yes yes yes!!!!!!

• @guatecoop  7 weeks

Yeah, let’s all pile on....hehe

• @guatecoop  7 weeks

bump

• @swampjaw  7 weeks

Firing up the Zoom machine now....

Passcode is eight six seven five three oh nine

• @mikeskliar  7 weeks

I may be about 10 min late

• @theodamus  7 weeks

Attempting to join but my phone doesn’t seem to want to play

• @elainedimasi  7 weeks

We're still hanging out chatting!

• @kenmattsson  7 weeks

Thanks for hosting and letting me show up!

• @fearlessflight2014  7 weeks

Was so great to see you all, sorry I’m noisy and annoying. When I’m excited I find it hard to contain myself!

• @metalfoot  7 weeks

@fearlessflight2014 Neither noisy nor annoying! I was the one who kept playing guitar! 😉

• @zecoop  7 weeks

@metalfoot - your biggest offense was teasing us with Carrot Cake Muffins. 😮

(next thing you'll do is probably tell us how delicious they are)

• @metalfoot  7 weeks

@zecoop Never you fear. They really are delicious...

Those are bunnies playing poker using carrot slices for poker chips. After a television ad from a decade or so here in Canada.

• @nancyrost  7 weeks

That was fun - great to see you all!

Send carrot cupcakes, please.

• @zecoop  7 weeks

OK... fine @metalfoot - You went there. Great.
    😉

• @guatecoop  7 weeks

@fearlessflight2014 : noisy and annoying?!?! Not accurate at all. It was super nice to see you and everyone else!

• @pipewrench67  7 weeks

Would have loved to join, real-life thought otherwise.

• @yam655  7 weeks

It sounds like we'll be doing it again next week -- and I'm going to be hosting them, so there will be a slightly different Zoom link. (Though I'm keeping the same passcode.)

I don't have a problem staying late, so next week I'll be honest and say: guaranteed 9pm to midnight Eastern-US time, with the option to add another hour.

• @swampjaw  7 weeks

Awesome! @guatecoop -- thanks for taking the reins last night, and thanks to @yam655 for keeping it going. Nice to talk to folks, put some names to faces, etc. I'll try to make it to Yam's session next week. Now, to catch up on commenting and listening!

• @swampjaw  7 weeks

Alternate virtual gathering thing to try... Gather.town - this is an audio/video chat thing, with a Pokemon-style virtual space you can walk around in. Wander around to different rooms to talk to people. It's kind of goofy and weird, but it's neat too. No time limits/etc., and the virtual space is "always open." No need for a Zoom call to start or end.

I've spun up a "rooftop party" FAWM virtual space. It is password restricted. Everyone except for @mikeskliar knows the seven digits. Mike might even know them by now.

You should be able to "get there" with any modern web browser, and use the camera/mic to chat.

https://gather.town/app/qRMeAMnTZLBU28Id/fawm

• @yam655  7 weeks

Gather.town is limited to 25 people unless you pay for it. Still, we've not had 25 people on the FAWM Zoom calls yet.

• @zecoop  7 weeks

Great @swampjaw - but what is this Pokemon thing you talk about? 😉

• @swampjaw  7 weeks

Yup -- 25 person limit -- but I don't think we'll push up against that very often (if at all).

Pokemon is apparently some sort of TV show, and a game that the kids play. Or so I'm told.

• @zecoop  7 weeks

(asking for a friend - named Mike) 😁

• @guatecoop  6 weeks

Any interest in one tomorrow night?

• @mikeskliar  6 weeks

i was just going to ask that- would love to see everyone at 9 eastern time tomorrow (tues) night on a zoom thing...

• @mikeskliar  6 weeks

swamp @swampjaw -- the 'usual' zoom thing tomorrow (tues) night? lets stick with what we know! im not gonna go learn a gather town thingy (especially with my ancient computers), whatever that is, but it'd be fun to do the zoom thing again tues night...

• @swampjaw  6 weeks

I think the gathering is on for tomorrow -- with @yam655 hosting on his Zoom? Link to come, I expect.

But c'mon, @mikeskliar -- we have a Tommy Tutone themed GatherTown space. You can dress up as an avatar with a skinny tie and a Steinberger bass!

• @elainedimasi  6 weeks

Bump. Prolly can't do right at six, but if I miss the zoom, I'll try the gather town!

• @yam655  6 weeks

Yeah. I'll get the link up in the next couple of hours. It's definitely on for tonight.

• @yam655  6 weeks

Steven Black (that's me!) is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: FAWM: Tuesday Night Music Club
    Time: Mar 9, 2021 09:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
    Every week on Tue, until Jul 6, 2021, 18 occurrence(s)

These are 3 hour events. Drop by when you can. No obligation to stay for the whole thing. It's nice to concentrate people in to a single hour, but there are too many time zones to make that practical.

Last week we went for three hours with people coming-and-going and I've no problems just expecting that sort of thing to continue.

I'm committed until 50/90, then we can re-evaluate things. I'm not on the popular social medias, so I'll make a "Who's Zoomin Who?" thread on the 50/90 forum when the FAWM forum shuts down.

Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.
    Weekly: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/tZAkcOyvqTkvGNHQh3YO3XSCZ1kP_7bUBq1...

The calendar event will always show the event in your current timezone.

Join Zoom Meeting
    https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84975772525
    (If FAWM required authentication to view the forums, I'd feel a lot more comfortable providing the link with the baked-in password.)

Meeting ID: 849 7577 2525
    Passcode: (Jenny's number. Spelled out above.)

Just like Swampjaw originally set it up, you need to have a (free) Zoom account to connect. No anonymous connections allowed.

• @guatecoop  6 weeks

This is tonight, by the way. I can’t stay sooo long, but I’ll be there

• @metalfoot  6 weeks

I will try to pop by for a bit again this week!

• @fearlessflight2014  6 weeks

Damn, I was looking forward to this but have to split to do some errands as this is my only free day this week.

• @fearlessflight2014  6 weeks

I'll try to get back before you are done!

• @kenmattsson  6 weeks

Tried to get in and it's asking for a meeting passcode.

• @elesimo  6 weeks

@kenmattsson It's Jenny's number, from the song

• @yam655  6 weeks

It's still going on! Feel free to drop by.

• @fearlessflight2014  5 weeks

Are you guys meeting up this week as well?

• @yam655  5 weeks

That's the plan. Same link as the one I posted last time.

• @guatecoop  5 weeks

I’m in for sure!

• @jeustan  5 weeks

I’m going to be at work, would that be weird? I may join anyways...

• @guatecoop  5 weeks

@jeustan : totally not weird. C’mon!

• @mikeskliar  5 weeks

Can’t do now tho I would love to

• @andygetch  5 weeks

Thanks for hosting @yam655 !

• @yam655  5 weeks

You're welocme, @andygetch ! It is a lot of fun, so I've been enjoying it!

• @guatecoop  4 weeks

I think that we’re doing this again tonight from 9-? Eastern time (US), so feel free to join in! The zooms have been really cool and interesting with a wide variety of topics. Here’s the link.

The password is Jenny’s number from Tommy Tutone.

• @mikeskliar  4 weeks

I'm going to try to make an appearance, probably about a half hour in to it... (and thanks everyone for your thoughts..)

• @yam655  4 weeks

Yeah. This is happening now!

• @mikeskliar  4 weeks

glad i was able to say a quick hi and see some of you all!

• @coolparadiso  4 weeks

thx for this ! good to meet a few i've talked to so often without seeing them!

• @yam655  3 weeks

I've been quite enjoying these. The next one is tomorrow (or more than 24 hours away, at least).

• @sherrycanary  3 weeks

Sounds like fun

• @guatecoop  3 weeks

Password is Jenny’s number.....Tommy Tutone

• @kenmattsson  3 weeks

Thanks! Good to see you all tonight (for the brief time!)

• @mikeskliar  3 weeks

sorry I missed it- actually was working on music, finally (writing and recording a new song for this album I've been working on--will release it within about a week, i think now!)
    and hope to see ya all next tuesday

• @mikeskliar  2 weeks

are we doing it tonight? Actually should be able to make it this time, i think..

• @adnama17  2 weeks

Yes! Are we? I could actually almost make it on time.

• @heid 2 weeks

Aww wow I didn't know there were still going on! Will there be another one before the site closes?

• @coolparadiso  2 weeks

Its on every week until 50/90 starts in October @heid .

• @andygetch  2 weeks

@heid the link and a calendar reminder are above in this thread and there also is a thread on the 50/90 website http://fiftyninety.fawmers.org/content/tuesday-night-music-club-who...

• @mikeskliar  1 week

good to see the thread (link etc) is re-posted at the 5090 site as well (see above).

• @guatecoop  1 week

Tonight at 9. I will be there

• @adnama17  1 week

Woot! I will have grandkiddo in tow at this rate. Zzz...

• @kenmattsson  1 week

Sorry I missed it last night. I'm going to try to get on next week.

• @guatecoop  2 days

going on now

• @mikeskliar  1 day

missed it this week- hopefully should be there next week! (and i think the link is on the 50/90 site as well, as i remember? as this page might be down by then...)

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...