Ceòl na h-Alba air an FAWM (Hiya from Scotland)

Skip to the bottom

• @calumcarlyle  Jan 12

Hi from Sunny Scotland! Feeling a bit isolated this year, not just because we are all in full lockdown after the UK's gross mismanagement of the pandemic has left us with the highest rate of infection in the world, but also because the UK has now completely removed us from the EU, in a staggeringly face-spiting act of nasal evisceration.

At least we can still connect through FAWM, until the UK government decides to take back control of the internet and pull up all the fibre-optic cables leading in and out of our islands!

I've no idea if i will have time to write any songs, it is pretty busy here in our house at the moment, but i'll be making the effort to keep doing the Offbeat radio show and playing exclusively FAWM songs from the last week of January until at least the first week of March.

Have a good FAWM everyone!

• @guatecoop  Jan 12

I’m really looking forward to coming back to your wonderful country. Just wonderful. Someday.

• @ayehahmur  Jan 12

Checking from Glasgow! This will be my fourth year of FAWMing and more than anything I'm looking forward to the distraction from all of the really terrible things going on at the moment. Especially UK politics, which oh my god are just so full of despair.

So, I'll be doing a lot of listening, and fingers crossed a fair bit of songwriting too. Cannae wait.

• @electrocelte  Jan 21

Hallo! I will be regaling everyone with 15 more #bagpipe driven tracks this year, you are all welcome to come have a listen! I PROMISE IT WILL BE LOUD! Here's hoping everyone is doing OK!

• @ayehahmur  Jan 21

Looking forward to it @electrocelte !!

• @kmc1997 Jan 24

This is as close to Ireland I can find in the forums. Haven't done FAWM before, should be fun.

• @roddy  Jan 24

Got my ukuleles all tuned up here in Perth. Looking forward to it all.

• @zxcvbnm  Jan 25

Scottish Borders.Great to see Scotland well represented again. I onky wrote two songs in the whole if 2020 so I'm hoping thst by listening and commenting my motivation returns.

• @msculli1  Jan 28

Lanarkshire, the north east edge, of South, to be more precise.

Nice to see you all here. Hope all your FAWMs are pleasant and very productive.

Alba gu bràth

• @gindark Jan 28

Hiya, back for a second go at this thing after faceplanting on 2 last year In fairness I was sick, it wasn't Covid... Or was it?
    No. No, it wasn't. But it was a really crappy cold and I was gubbed most of the time so I'm glad to take another swing!

• @ayehahmur  Jan 29

Good to see so many familiar faces again this year!

Waves to @gindark. You were just geting going last year and I was loving what you were coming up with. Good luck with having the whole month to play with!

• @suzimuzi Jan 29

Hiya all, glad to join again this year. Hope to be able to write a few things... I have a new part-time job so might be limited in time available for recording, etc. Maybe collabs would help here... Look forward to seeing you all later...

• @chri5h Jan 31

Dia duit, a chairde - greetings from Ireland, best of luck to all!

• @chriscrowing Jan 31

Hi folks, Glasgow based first timer here. Be gentle.

• @ayehahmur  Jan 31

Good to see you here @chriscrowing. Gentle is what we do here. Good luck with it all!

• @berni1954  Jan 31

Irishman living in Catalonia with roots in Langholm, Scotland here.
    I really feel for you. We Catalans were rooting for your independence and I know lots of Scottish friends who voted against their consciences in 2014 because they were afeared Scotland would be out of the EU... Oh what irony given that a mere two years later our non-Celtic neighbours voted against all logic to "take their country back" ... to the 1950s....

British friends here are now having a hard time coping with all the new regulations that didn't apply to them until this year. Sad, sad days. Visca escossia lliure! as we'd chant here.

• @aiyla Feb 1

Hello from Glasgow !
    Looking forward to a little fun distraction from the dismal lockdown. Something a little different than the usual random webinars I’ve been consuming. Yeah i miss my croissants 🥐

• @gindark Feb 2

@aiyla I know it's not the same thing but I've been home-baking frozen supermarket croissants. Might get you a little hit of what you're after to tide you over. And if not, have a good FAWM!

• @aiyla Feb 2

Hi 👋

Yeah i think i need to stock up. 😎 Thanks 😊
    Hope you’re getting on ok.
    I have lyrics but trying to sort out a tune.

• @gindark Feb 2

That's the trick for me too. I'm hoping to get better at DAW arrangements. Or at least faster!

• @lyricslinger  Feb 2

I'm Irish but have lived in Scotland for over 20 years. I haven't picked up the accent but I do catch myself saying 'aye' alarmingly frequently. Lived in Edinburgh for my first decade in Scotland, then moved to a place near Falkirk.

I write lyrics and collaborate with musicians from all around the world to get them turned into songs. Am I open to collaborations closer to home? Aye

I also have a website, www.LyricSlinger.com where you can check out my writing and songs

• @saucyjack85 Feb 2

Orkney here, originally from South Lanarkshire. First year giving this a go. First one to write an ode to a pie on a roll gets a cold bottle of Bru fae me.

• @calumcarlyle  Feb 3

Welcome one and all, i'm an Orcadian myself actually, though i've been living in Edinburgh and elsewhere for the past nearly 25 years.

• @gerrybhoy  Feb 3

Hi Calum, good luck to you and all.

• @calumcarlyle  Feb 3

Yay! Are you fawming this year @gerrybhoy?

• @electrocelte  Feb 5

Hello @calumcarlyle. I feel these forums need a good Celtic-Trad tab. Anyhow first tune launched today, I am hoping you will drop on by and chekkidowt #bagpipes

• @electrocelte  Feb 5

Oh. Hi @stompinmary from Antigonish!

• @gerrybhoy  Feb 8

@calumcarlyle Hi Calum, i am indeed.

• @electrocelte  Feb 16

I know you are all looking for a song about #Haggis. It dropped today. You’re welcome.

• @roddy  Feb 26

Just recorded a poem in Scots. Hope you like it. https://fawm.org/songs/122886/

• @electrocelte  Mar 8

The #haggis is loose
    It’s up n’ runnin’
    All over the hoose
    Track 17

• @roddy  7 weeks

A last minute collab with @electrocelte
    I posted a poem a while ago, @electrocelte heard it and added some great bagpipe music. Have re posted it as a collab.
    https://fawm.org/songs/122886/

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...