The FAWM Rock Hands

Skip to the bottom

• @tcelliott  Jan 10

Donate 10 dollars (or your currency of choice, I suppose) and get the rock hands. Donate $25 and you can get FAWM hosting in addition to the Rock Hands. You can do both (or either) here:
    https://fawm.org/donate/

Also, there are some choices in merchandise. If you buy enough merch you also get Rock Hands. And you know you want 'em. Merchandise link here:
    EDIT: NEW SITE FOR MERCH: https://fawm.bandcamp.com/

• @metalfoot  Jan 10

Done and eagerly awaiting the hands!

• @tseaver  Jan 10

Donation done and dusted.

I really wanted to order the hoodie, too, but the e-shop says, "Weโ€™re not set up to take payments. Once weโ€™ve configured our shop, checkout will be enabled."

• @w1n  Jan 10

Done ๐Ÿ˜€

• @mdavisto  Jan 10

Done.

• @nerdjealous  Jan 10

I want to buy a t shirt to support the site - but the checkout button takes me to a page that says 'we are not set up to take payments'. Just letting you know in case it's an error of some sort. ๐Ÿ˜€ Cheers

• @helenseviltwin  Jan 10

Tagging @jendistad who deals with the merch side of things

• @andygetch  Jan 10

Donated for the also eagerly awaited rock hands and for file hosting ๐Ÿ˜€

• @writeandwrong  Jan 10

Just ordered my rock hands!!! 2-1-21 is ALMOST here!! ๐Ÿ˜€

• @rayboneor  Jan 10

My currency of choice is the Polish zล‚oty. I just stuffed 25 coins into an envelope. Where should I send it? (Actually, I forked over my USD via paypal and am fired up to get this thing started. What a bargain for the best month of the year)

• @tcelliott  Jan 10

@rayboneor According to the donate link:

Donating by Mail
    You can also donate by mail. Just send a check or money order (no cash, please) payable to FAWM.ORG, in U.S. dollars, to:

FAWM.ORG
    1201 Jancey St
    Pittsburgh PA 15206

๐Ÿ˜‰

• @fuzzy  Jan 10

I just donated!!
    Can't wait for those awesome rock hands!!

• @yam655  Jan 10

This is the first year I'm donating more to get the file hosting. I _could_ use my website, and all my songs will be there eventually... but it really needs a few tweaks to it.

It should be a lot more convenient to use the FAWM hosting.

• @guatecoop  Jan 10

Done. ๐Ÿค˜

• @tiller2  Jan 10

Just applied for my rock hands ๐Ÿค˜! A lot cheaper than jazz hands, I tell you.

Question: If one wants to help out someone who can't swing rock hands this year--but doesn't have a specific person in mind--is there a way to give generally and expect it will benefit a person who could use it?

• @jendistad  Jan 10

A quick merch update: the site we've been using to support our online store has been giving us troubles. We will likely be setting up our store on a new platform in hopes that it will take care of our needs (at a lower cost). In the meantime, if you'd like to buy some merch, I can still handle things manually. Go to our merch site to figure out what you want and if we have it in your size. Then donate that amount with a note saying what the donation is for (or follow-up with an email to donate at fawm dot org with the details of your purchase), and I will ship out your swat. If you have questions before/after a donation or purchase, please email donate at fawm dot org and I will see/respond within a day.

Sorry for the inconvenience with the store.

Tagging @tseaver and @nerdjealous

Also, if you wanted merch, but just donated for the Rock Hand, you can use our cludgy workaround, and subtract the amount you've already donated from the cost of the merch you want to order. (Yay math!)

EDIT: The merch store is up and running.

EDIT: Purchases of $15 or more get you the Rock Hand. Purchases of $30 or more are eligible for File Hosting in addition to the Rock Hand.

Thanks for finding a workaround @jendistad!

• @tseaver  Jan 10

@jendistad How much should I bump the donation to cover shipping? I'm guessing a hoodie isn't gonna fit in a small flat-rate USPS box. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @judypie  Jan 10

I have purchased some hands, awaiting their delivery ๐Ÿ˜

• @tootoobee  Jan 10

Already there ๐Ÿ˜€

• @toms  Jan 10

The words "Rock Hands" always make me think of the song Rock Show from Wings Over America. ๐Ÿ˜€ I have performed the handing ritual!

• @brownium  Jan 10

Where my rock hands is at?

• @chipwithrow  Jan 10

Waving my rock hand at you all! Good to be back.

In case anyone is unaware, the rock hands are added manually, so there is almost always a slight delay in them appearing on your profile. If it's been more than a day or so, drop an email to donate at fawm dot org.

• @jeustan  Jan 10

Take my money! I wanna rock! <3

• @tcelliott  Jan 10

@jeustan I can hear "I Wanna Rock" by... twisted sister? when I read your post.

• @jeustan  Jan 10

@tcelliott โ€œAwwwright, Miiista Siiista โ€” whaadyaa wanna dewww with yoww liifffe?!!!โ€

• @jendistad  Jan 10

@tseaver, excellent question. Extra shipping on hoodies are $2 to the US $8 to Canada and Mexico and $20 to everywhere else.

Extra shipping on T-shirts are free shipping in the US, $6 to Canada and Mexico and $10 to everywhere else.

Hopefully we'll get the store fixed soon-ish. Until then, thank you for your patience in dealing with the work-around.

• @brownium  Jan 11

@helenseviltwin - if you are meaning me, I was making an inside joke about myself: a) I'm impatient and b) reference to a song called "where the broccoli's at".

Obviously the Fawmistry has got me fixed up now. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @tseaver  Jan 11

@jendistad Just kicked in a USD 44.00 donation to cover an XXL hoodie plus shipping.

• @johnstaples  Jan 11

I just ordered mine! ๐Ÿ˜

• @elainedimasi  Jan 11

@helenseviltwin
    > the rock hands are added manually
    I see what you did there

• @sw1n3flu  Jan 11

Present

• @jendistad  Jan 11

@tseaver, that's great! Thanks! Please, check your email (the one from which you donated), when you get a chance. (=

• @helenseviltwin  Jan 11

@brownium - not particularly aimed at you, so much as nudged by you and for the information of newer FAWMers who probably don't realise.

I'm afraid I do not know that song. Is it worth looking up?

@elainedimasi - your comment makes me think I inadvertently made some kind of pun or joke...

• @timfatchen  Jan 11

@helenseviltwin It was a very clever pun! Never deny making one when others believe you have!

@timfatchen - indeed, I'm glad you appreciated my super-clever joke. I fear some others may have missed the nuance, though. Perhaps you could provide an explanation ๐Ÿ˜

• @tseaver  Jan 11

@helenseviltwin "Manual" vs. "hands."

@tseaver - righto - thanks! One might expect the rock hands to be a bit more digital. That's a worse pun, but I did intend this one.

• @celineellis  Jan 11

I want a T shirt but no Large :'(

• @dancrook Jan 11

Hey

• @dancrook Jan 11

Sorry- double message.
    I bought a hoody last FAWM or FAWM before and seem to have lost the Rock Hands?

• @sph  Jan 11

Done

• @sunnymae  Jan 11

No more coffee thermos??? Mwah ๐Ÿ˜ฎ(

• @zecoop  Jan 11

\m/

• @zecoop  Jan 11

@dancrook - the rock hands need to be done each year. They don't carry over from year to year. The donations help keep the site running. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @candle  Jan 11

Paid my 13.27 Canukastani Currency to continue to support this amazing community. Rok on FAWMers!

See You In The Shadowsโ€ฆ

• @fearlessflight2014  Jan 12

I paid my four bits to see the high diving' act... And I'm-a gonna SEE the high diving act!

• @bradbrubaker  Jan 12

Got mine. Now how am I gonna play guitar with my hand permanently in rock formation.

• @candle  Jan 12

@bradbrubaker : a whole lot of hammer-ons & pull-offs, maybe?

๐Ÿ˜

• @johnstaples  Jan 12

• @candle  Jan 12

That must be one of your baby pictures, @johnstaples. Too cute!

• @steffan  Jan 12

๐ŸคŸ

• @celineellis  Jan 13

@jendistad I would love to buy a T shirt but not got my size ๐Ÿ˜ž are you restocking sizes at all before i just donate?

• @yarimurray  Jan 13

Done. So ready to start 2021 with a creative flourish!

• @jendistad  Jan 13

@celineellis, I'm sorry, but we have no plans to restock the current shirt design.

• @brownium  Jan 14

@helenseviltwin - no, the song is definitely not worth looking up. Not even worth clicking the link if you find it somewhere. https://brownium.com/BrownianMusic/2013/05/05/where-the-broccolis-at/

• @dragondreams  Jan 15

Unsealed the vault here at the Castle and sent a winged gargoyle with a handful of groats to pay for our room and board for a month.

• @judypie  Jan 15

@dragondreams ๐Ÿ˜‚

• @outinpublicdrummer  Jan 15

Just donated for mine! ๐Ÿค˜

• @ianuarius  Jan 15

• @pearlmanhattan  Jan 16

@jendistad have you looked into teespring or sptreadshirt? I use the former and it doesn't cost me anything to have a storefront, and as far as I know, Spreadshirt doesn't charge for their basic storefront either. Both are print on demand, you set your prices, and you choose where to have your profit deposited and when. Just a suggestion.

And I got my rock hands and the hosting. Well worth it, for sure!

• @spikedirection  Jan 16

Done my donation with hosting. I've failed to successfully use hosting every year so far so I may be back asking for help come tbe 1st. Can't be staring an 8th free soundcloud account!

• @tseaver  Jan 16

@jendistad Hmm, I haven't seen the "hosting now enabled" e-mail yet: I did get the confirmation immediately after signing up that I would get such an e-mail "shortly before the challenge starts," so I wasn't worried until I saw @pearlmanhattan's post.

• @pearlmanhattan  Jan 16

@tseaver I haven't gotten my email for this year's hosting, was saying I've donated the amount required for hosting - She'll be sending them out before FAWM starts ๐Ÿ˜€

• @tseaver  Jan 17

@pearlmanhattan Thank, that is what I was expecting before your message head-faked me (my bad).

• @spacehoers420  Jan 17

And the donate was done.

• @sunnymae  Jan 17

Done!

• @sunnymae  Jan 17

But I'm bummed you're sold out of your beverage holders!!!

• @kissinginpublic  Jan 17

Ready to rock! ๐Ÿค˜

• @gm7  Jan 17

The deed is done!

• @nerdjealous  Jan 19

Oh yeh I got em! ๐Ÿ˜ looking forward to my order too!

• @dzdandcunfsd  Jan 19

You know who you are and what you did!

You deserve a big sloppy wet kiss once we all get vaccinated ๐Ÿ˜ my eternal gratitude!

• @sbs2018  Jan 19

A huge thanks from me, too. So touched!

• @mariekevinkmusic  Jan 21

I am confused. I appear to have Rock Hands but I don't recall buying them yet this year? Did someone give me a present? Did I buy them when I was drunk?

• @ampersandman  Jan 21

Look at these beautiful rock hands!

• @tamsnumber4  Jan 21

I am so excited for my gift of Rock Hands, what a wonderful thing to do!!

• @seanbrennan  Jan 21

In the same way I wait anxiously tracking a shipped package, some years I can't help but refresh until they show up!

• @cts  Jan 26

Done, duh-duh-duh, donnnnnnnnnnnnne!

• @snoozin  Jan 26

Got 'em!!!!!

• @rollasoc  Jan 26

Purchased and awaiting hands of rock!

• @joshlevitre  Jan 26

My hands are rockin'

• @petemurphy  Jan 30

I usually donate and pay for the file hosting (even if I don't use it), but I'm currently broke (I used to keep myself afloat through paying gigs, and we all know what's happened to the live music scene in the last 12 months).
    I'm expecting some cash to come through in the next couple of weeks, and I'll donate when it (hopefully) hits the bank.

• @wacha  Jan 30

Got mine, the last 2 years a kind FAWMer gifted me mine. This year I got them myself.

• @andrewjtaylor  Jan 30

Done. Cool the ability to pay it forward. FAWMโ€™s worth way more to me than $25. Thanks!

• @skylermf  Jan 30

Just did! And this is the first time I'm using money I've made from music!!!!

• @stephenwordsmith  Jan 31

Finally - I can look at my own name without feeling like a miserly parasite.

• @jacobeverettwallace  Feb 1

Awaiting my annual rock hands!

• @kovbleu  Feb 1

๐Ÿค˜

• @ayhy  Feb 2

My hands, hopefully, will soon rock. Now I just need to, like, write a song with them.

• @samplebandit  Feb 2

worth every penny!!

• @aprilm  Feb 2

Full support to the FAWM family - rock hands are solidly in place...let the song writing begin!

• @haim  Feb 5

A bit late, but I just bought them! Gonna see them soon! Funny story, last year I guess I forgot to buy my rock hands, so I bought them about three-four months ago or something like that.. was funny. And I can't remember who the admin was but she also put the rock hands on 50/90 for me or she said that I can also put it on 50/90 which was very kind of her, so can't remember your name but thanks! Let's rock now!

• @nerdjealous  Feb 5

Eagerly awaiting my T Shirt arrival ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ not long til those elves at the docks bring it to me! Woo!

• @haim  Feb 6

I've got them! great hands! small contribution for a great community. Thanks for the creators of this platform. Have a great fawm everybody!

• @nerdjealous  Feb 14

@jendistad any idea when the shirt will be arriving?? Noticed it's been 4 weeks, I was thinking it's cause of the EU thing so I left a bit more time for it..

• @jendistad  Feb 18

Sorry for the delayed response @nerdjealous. We've been without power for the last 5+ days. Our ISP still doesn't have power, so the best info I can get for you right now is that your shirt shipped out on January 12 via USPS.

• @wylddandelyon Feb 18

I was tempted by the hoodie until I saw there's no 3X (or even 2X, but the way I've been layering this winter, I want a 3X). It would be fun to paint FAWMish images around the logo!

• @nerdjealous  Feb 18

@jendistad Hiya! It actually came yesterday and I forgot to mention ๐Ÿ˜€ cheers!

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...