MAWM into JAWM

Skip to the bottom

• @smileymn May 4

So my roommate is going to visit family for May through early June and my idea is take over the house to record mid May through the first week of June. I am ordering recording gear to be back to a multi track capacity and want to throw it all in. Drums, guitars, basses, vocals, keyboards, percussion, noise, electronics, violin, clarinet, the works! I’m starting to jot ideas down for the project now. When I started FAWM the first two years I did this, then my pro tools stopped working and I went back to just single track acoustic guitar and voice for 3-4 years of FAWM. I think it helped a lot and I’m very excited to make a massive multi track project again. I mean hell, I’m unemployed due to the virus, house to myself, why not!?

• @ustaknow May 4

I'd be here with you, but got one thread already locked down as not being about songwriting (?), -- so good luck, even in this context being essoteric, or an "artist", oh my. Someones reading, every word here?..., and getting Eric outta bed πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜€ to make'em happy, or something. (I've never seen Eric do anything here, let alone lock a thread.) So, I then, deleted my Facebook account too.
    -- So, didn't want to leave you hanging here if unemployed, and etc. Not sure how Colorado is it?, may be for anyone in this Context.

The "cool-kids" here, got a few things going, so you may want to status quo it - conform to the hive, so to speak. Being a Jazz musician going rogue? rock? are yah... may not work. Just say'in, just say'in. πŸ˜€

-- Ah heck, go for it... let'em lock threads. It all gets *deleted anyway! πŸ˜€

So, aside from the Trolls? uh, I mean lurkers, readers that don't interact, comment-feedback, there's me @ dzd, @ billwhite51 and one or two others, maybe, that I don't know who may comment if you let them know you're here. The thread lock, killed the board for a day or two. I am in/out and may miss stuff unintentionally, esp after this "shift" here, -- so, actually revisiting other old songwriting groups on the Net.

So, I istened to your track "Brooklyn", -- great sound, feel, (never saw your stuff previously). Lots of demos there, -- I won't get to'em in the near term. Deff not "jazz" πŸ˜€ hahhh! I heard the "something" quality in the one track, so expect I'll like/enjoy the rest. However, if you're a Jazz guy, -- what could I comment to you anyway! Jazz, "rock" folks usually have a clear path and plan. You'd have to be specific in your, review it please questions, if want that.

-- Cheers!

• @dzd  May 4

Haha....@ustaknow at least still knows how to step on toes....hahha...little pissy myself after wasted time fiasco, but anyway.....I apologize beforehand.......as far as my limited understanding about "jazz" just a read of your post sounds like nth/e=mc timing to me πŸ˜€ and I'm always intrigued.

• @smileymn May 5

Haha thanks for listening. My β€œday job” is as a gigging electric bass and upright bass jazz musician and educator, but then I play bad guitar and write weird songs with the 4 chords I know (everything else just put on a capo). My songwriting isn’t jazz influenced which is weird after living in the bebop world.

• @ustaknow May 5

@smileymn - you got two folks here minimum who'll give you a reaction possibly like the folks you may work with at the level you comment. We horse around allot and full of "krappe" so to speak, or at least I am πŸ˜€ -- If you *specify a parameter from which to listen I believe you'll get "some" kind of useful reaction. I don't think you are seeking "attaboyz" at this point? (Then yes, FB is what you'd want.)

-- All I was commenting was, in this "National Context", @dzd and I were horsing around banging lyrics back and forth (see the "Red" thread πŸ˜‰ - ironic color), and we got shut down for songwriting (?) so, just say'in... since, well, this is a songwriting forum and no one is here (?) (or are they! πŸ˜‰ )

We don't do FB, I just deleted mine in total due to a number of things.

I can provide an old, old style internet site, behemoth πŸ˜€ but not "here", - since could be a fau pax to do so. I am also still *vetting it for *BS and if can have a "closed" group for what I am labeling "Conservative Songwiters". (Inspired by a conversation I was having with @djevans53 - whom is on yet another level, and usefulness! πŸ˜€ but serious, singer songwriter like minded. All levels/skews, - are a good thing, indeed!)

To be honest with you, the folks I reference will all be "conservative songwriters" (think first), and ONLY about the music, goal, and just that. So, you'd have to consider if you want to be engaged by folks like us πŸ˜‰ ... many do not! No Hive mind, so we're always wrong it seems and not one of the "cool kids" Uno!

I used to Jam with some authentic Jazz Musicians, long time ago, in old NY "mafia" bars πŸ˜‰ ... their anthem was, "shut up and play", and "everyone plays", - so I am told was unusual but great for a teenager (then) to be mentored.

I think this non-cool kid group have some very *real experience(s) so may seem strange to the rest πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜€

Do it here, or somehow figure the other out; again, no, not on Facebook which is truly useless for this, imnho.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...