C-19 Renovations

Skip to the bottom

• @dzd  Apr 25

Decca 12 string getting a little work done while I'm bored senseless amidst this madness

Anyone else?

• @dzd  Apr 25

Oops speaker not part if it hahah

• @dzd  Apr 25

Neck and fretboard mostly off now....will post more when I get there

• @dzd  Apr 25

• @dzd  Apr 25

Has a truss rod....just wasnt connected to anything hahah

• @ustaknow May 8

Oh my -- didn't know these were here. They explain allot. Wow, interesting secondary Truss Rod there... I like it! 😀 Hey, if it worked and the person did their thing with it, -- novelty.

-- I'll never forget an Atlantic City "beggar" 😀 when legal there...30% of it was Duct-tape, lower bout, -- but, hey, the guy and the guitar sounded great. He picked his spot on the Boardwalk with always amazing Building Reverb/Echo.

Great stuff here!! Thanks!!

• @ustaknow May 8

I don't have a "steamer" but "Mom" had this hand held you could kind of "shoot" steam into crack and tile grout and etc... I'd've loaned it you 😉 Even non-gut glue has to "give up" after a while 😀

Anyway, -- excited to hear this when done!! And, see the profile pics of it.

-- You're not re-installing the secondary truss rod, I'll presume!

• @dzd  May 9

Nah....I would never attempt such an undertaking hahah

*off to find more pics*

• @dzd  May 9

Oopsie 😀

• @dzd  May 9

Glue is a friend

• @dzd  May 9

20200430_163717.jpg (3264×1836)

• @dzd  May 9

20200507_181607.jpg (3264×1836)

• @dzd  May 9

20200506_134438.jpg (1836×3264)

• @dzd  May 9

20200507_181535.jpg (1836×3264)

Back(pushing all my buttons it's taken me this long to get flat finally had to put probably 120lbs on it with a reverse warp) and sides still interested myself how they're gonna go back together, have new neck block fingered out....

Really? Nobody else doing some repairs while on "lockdown"?

• @ustaknow 8 weeks

That looks great. I think it'll hold. What kind of glue did you use?

Not sure what you mean with 120 lbs and reverse warp. You're looking for a Back Bow for when strung, then fine tune with Truss? Yeah, me I'd consider that prior to the Fretboard lamination since then would "glue" a bit of it in. Otherwise, you'd risk "opening up", possibly the Fret slots. They'll open up possibly anyway, but the then forward pull will compress that Fretboard a bit. I say, that, in that I can't tell if you did that yet, - glued the FB. If did, -- never mind... 😀 I'm sure it's fine...

Again, looks good, - can't wait to see how it sets up.

Me on mine, "custom" my String Set, and put two 9's on E and two 10's on B - if care to know 😀 hahhh

If use it as a Lapsteel as you commented? Then, again, never mind... 😀 hahhh

From the pics it all looks "good". If it had a twist? Again, I'd sand that out prior to the FB gluing. The last five frets sit on the sound board on this I'll guess. If even have a slight hump, -- it won't matter -- couldn't be enough to "buzz" for Chord Playing. Well, I guess unless you achieve good low action.

-- All very interesting!

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...