April 1 - Who's Still Here?

Skip to the bottom

• @chipwithrow  Apr 1

I am - who else?
    Excited about the 100/180 (50/90 times 2 - there's a forum thread about it) that starts in a few days - it means banjo, for me. And still reciprocating comments - if I get one, I give a listen and a comment back.
    At home and online a lot of the day by necessity. So I take breaks to play ukulele (mainly Grateful Dead covers), get outdoors (yoga on the porch, gardening) and check in here.

• @vomvorton  Apr 1

Still here, not really listening at this point but still checking the forums etc. After all, where else is there to go? Impressed at the people who are still commenting, I've had a couple of late ones which are very appreciated indeed!

Hoping I can turn isolation into creativity at some point but it hasn't happened yet. Have been generally feeling under the weather (probably at least 50% hypochondria, every mini-symptom feels like cause for panic at this point) and stressed out but slowly starting to figure things out and maybe relax a bit.

• @psyt Apr 1

Still here, and I also shared the six songs I wrote at the end of the last month, to no fanfare whatsoever. There'll be six more this month too (probably at the end of the month, cause I do enjoy procrastinating), but I don't feel like there's any point in sharing them here.

As for 100/180, I already decided before the year began that I'll be writing six songs every month this year, for a total of 72 songs, which is a bit more than if I would've done a full FAWM and a full 50/90 together, but now with that new target the community chose you've outdone me. 😝
    I intend to stick to my plan.

• @atitlan  Apr 1

@vomvorton - know what you mean about 'hypochondria' although I think, in my case, it's more an anxiety thing - if I'm sufficiently distracted it goes away. Still working from home, so still have that mental draining even though I've extra time at home every day by virtue of losing the commute.

Really haven't been as musically productive as I expected. Slowly rewatching everything I own on DVD and BluRay seems to be my favoured distraction at the moment.

• @sbs2018 Apr 1

Popping in to say hi!

• @johnstaples  Apr 1

Checking in every day! Can't go out to dinner or a movie!!

• @vomvorton  Apr 1

@atitlan yep I'm sure anxiety and stress play a big part! Agreed that it's all much easier to handle when I stay busy. I'm also working from home, with some added complications from my employer that I'm not too happy about, but hopefully it'll all settle down.

Anyway I'm signed up for 100 songs in 180 days now so let's see if I can get my creative brain working again...

• @headfirstonly  Apr 1

Listening has dropped off, but I'm still checking the forum every few hours. Hello, all you lovely people.

• @tcelliott  Apr 2

Around a bit, aye. Kind of peripherally, though.

• @zecoop  Apr 2

Here and there... 😀

• @candle  Apr 2

Present & accounted for. Haven't been listening too much (sorry). But still participating in the forums.

See You In The Shadows…

• @guatecoop  Apr 2

'm kinda here....

• @jonmeta  Apr 2

I open the browser to do some serious work and my cursor just naturally slides over to FAWM.org and dang, here I am again, checking the forums, making up fake band names, hopping on and off the London Underground, and generally loitering with intent to do not much...

• @fuzzy  Apr 2

I don't have much to say these days, but I'm definitely still here. 😀

• @alboe Apr 2

Still checking in every now and then.

• @stevenwesleyguiles  Apr 2

Checking in every couple of days.

• @dzd  Apr 3

*raises hand*

• @sph  Apr 3

hi

• @gm7 Apr 3

popping in and out

• @metalfoot  Apr 3

Still popping by to see what's up.

• @audrey  Apr 3

I'm checking in from time to time too. Self isolating like so many. Saw a funny post on FaceBook the other day. It said "Well, it's time to change from my night-time pyjamas to my day-time pyjamas." Ha ha ha. I left a comment saying "Aah, the benefits of self isolating." Guess we gotta find some humour in it, right?

• @atitlan  Apr 3

All this lockdown stuff has given me so much more time to procrastinate over recording new songs 😀

• @sbs2018 Apr 3

So true @atitlan!

• @sunnymae  Apr 3

I'm with @fuzzy ...been kinda quiet and disoriented quite frankly. i'm in a remote area with limited internet, missing all the online concerts! I wanted to do one from up here. I might be able pull it off out of my car if I drive up the hill about 1/2 mile.

• @andygetch  Apr 4

I'm checking in here almost daily but shifting my focus to writing April poems/songs and the 100 songs in 180 days group.

• @kirjis  Apr 4

Still "here"... mostly just fixing the house (as long as construction supplies last), barbecuing, drinking too much, BUT ALSO working to make my 2019 FAWM and 50/90 and 2020 FAWM songs into one or two EP's. Slowly, slowly, but every day a little.

• @roddy  Apr 4

Still here and will have a go at the 100 songs in 180 days challenge.

• @donna  Apr 5

Still popping in. Hoping everyone's OK.

• @chipwithrow  Apr 5

I checked in this morning and was delighted to find comments on a couple of songs! So I reciprocated (and I'll continue to do that) and I was rewarded with an awesome song.
    I've also shifted to the Facebook 100/180 group, but I keep this tab and Facebook open as I work on other things. Those other things include: listening to audio recordings of yoga teacher trainees practicing teaching meditation; studying for my certified personal trainer exam (was scheduled for last week but postponed til at least May); and writing a poem - now up to 20 rhyming couplets - that's a day-to-day description of what the family is doing during our stay-at-home time.

• @siebass  Apr 6

Still here-ish, but definitely fading/more transparent. Between in-home "daycare" and attempting to work, I have precious little time left for my own sanity.

• @darcistrutt  Apr 7

I'm on both the Facebook 100/180 and here. It's hard not to stress, but I'm doing my best. Music always helps!

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...