I was looking for "Lists" of "Illness" names for word prompts

Skip to the bottom

• @ustaknow Mar 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~ Could be a conversation starter, or, maybe not! πŸ˜€ ~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was looking for word prompts for all of this.
    - Since by doing these ad hoc threads, other songs arose from the effort. I then wondered if there were any "Lists" of sickness names. Actually not, eh (+-). Color me surprised!

- I found the CDC's naming convention, - from * place of origin πŸ˜€ ( -made a great graphic for one of my Tracks). And then found, but only after really really really digging - "other" lists; but not entirely interesting, or not in total.

So, here's what I came up with that imo seemed interesting for simply existing, and in some specific context:

~~ Actual:
    China Virus
    Asian Flu
    Hong Kong Flu
    Spanish Flu
    Swine Flu
    Bird Flu
    Mexican Flu
    Sydney Flu
    German Measles
    French Pox
    Cow Pox
    Chicken Pox
    Mad Cow
    Idiot savant (dropped but once in reg used)
    Retarded (dropped but once reg used)
    Black Death
    Alice in Wonderland syndrome
    Black Dog
    Barrel Fever
    Yellow Fever
    Tribal Fever (Injun/Indian Fever)
    Horrors
    St. Vitus's dance

~~ Other πŸ˜€ :
    Wuhan China Virus (my own)
    Wuhan China Virus -19 (my own)
    CV-19 (my own)
    W​-​CV19​-​2020 (my album title πŸ˜‰ )

[Interestingly, this stuff gets integrated like my term "onlineguage" πŸ˜‰ you'd be surprise upon "musication" πŸ˜‰ ]

~~ Other-other πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ :
    ARIA – Alien Retrograde Infectious Amnesia
    Black Trump Virus
    Wormwood
    Nanovirus
    Demon Pox
    Dragon Pox
    Cooties
    Dryditch Fever
    Ebola Gulf A
    Hawaiian Cat Flu
    Inferno virus
    The Red Death
    Solanum Virus
    White Disease
    White Plague
    Space Herpes
    Barclay's Protomorphosis Syndrome
    Big Death
    Chen-7
    Condiment Dysfunction
    Pox of LeChuck

- It all started to remind me of the thread-challenge, "talk to death", and the "hand washing" thread too, - lots of songs about death in general out there, though generalized.

• @fuzzy  Mar 23

Well, a couple of those don't fit in there at all cos they're not diseases ("idiot savant" and especially "retarded" (what an awful word)).
    And what is "Condiment Disfunction"?!? When you're expecting mustard and instead get mayonnaise??

• @ustaknow Mar 23

Yes! Indeed.

However, you'll have to find your own answers, since a list, as-is, - is like a "menu", what's good, who nose?; and, in what context of the meal, company, level of hunger or malnutrition πŸ˜‰

It seems, like allot today, outcomes are not distinguished, and some sections are not "actually" real πŸ˜‰

πŸ˜€

• @headfirstonly  Mar 23

This has given me more than one track title in the past:

• @ustaknow Mar 23

@headfirstonly A+ πŸ˜€

• @ustaknow Mar 23

From HeadFirst's list, now a lyric line πŸ˜€ -
    "I used to get, menstrually deranged;
    but then, marriage cured me... "

- Reminded me of, ... "Oh, my, my josephine! πŸ˜‰ "

- There's a song for yah! πŸ˜€ hahhh!

• @owl  Mar 23

Please don't use terms like "the China virus", "Wuhan China virus," etc. These are contributing to dangerous racism and bigotry against people of East Asian descent, and I think it's only going to get worse as the virus wrecks the world economy, poverty, death, and unemployment spike, and people start looking around for a scapegoat. I have enough to worry about these days as far as potentially catching a deadly disease; I'd rather not worry about getting attacked by bigots as well.

I'm sure it's easy to feel dismissive of the ways the language you use can shape other people's perception, but I'd really appreciate you taking this seriously. Thanks!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/23/us...
    https://tinyurl.com/s4prwnj
    https://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/...

• @fuzzy  Mar 23

Agreed, @owl.
    I have extensive group home experience, and that's why I feel the same way about the word "retarded".

• @owl  Mar 23

Yeah, there is a lot of hurtful and dangerous bullshit on that list, and I’m glad you called those examples out already. I only mentioned a few but that doesn’t mean I’m cool with the rest of them. Seriously.

• @mikeskliar  Mar 25

totally agree with you, @owl

• @frenchcricket  Mar 30

You can add me to the list of the 'professionally outraged'. I stand with @owl

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...