50/90 will be busy...

Skip to the bottom

• @mariekevinkmusic  Mar 20

I guess it will be much busier this year than normal?
    Although it still seems so far away.
    My Songwriting retreat next week is a no-go so please give us something until July!!

• @atitlan  Mar 20

Maybe bring 50/90 forward

• @musicsongwriter  Mar 20

Maybe it is possible to have a mini 50/90: 25/60 starting from the 1-st of April?

• @mariekevinkmusic  Mar 20

@atitlan I agree. People will be too busy putting their lives back together later this year.
    Hopefully.

• @andygetch  Mar 21

@mariekevinkmusic There are several prompt based groups on Facebook. @metalfoot and I run one called Song Skirmish. Another good one that @jibbiddy34 and @wobbiewobbit (and many more FAWM'ers) are in is called The Song Write Inn. I will be more active in all of them this year. National Poetry Writing Month is in April and there are daily writing prompts. There also is Camp NaNoWriMo which I have done in the past writing lyrics and often songs to the poetry prompts.

• @guatecoop  Mar 21

@mariekevinkmusic : we are doing a 5 song EP challenge that is up on the forums. We (@zecoop, my collab partner) are up to 6 songs so far, but they are in the finishing stages and haven’t been posted yet. Join us!

• @chipwithrow  Mar 22

I did write a couple of songs toward the EP challenge @guatecoop mentions. And the skirmish group @andygetch mentions is a good one - I did it for two years and have a file with probably 20 or so good songs that came out of it.
    My wife and I closed our yoga studio on March 14 - a week ahead of when our governor made it mandatory. But now we're busy, busy, busy creating online content. So when I do pick up my uke (instrument of choice lately) it's to find comfort in Grateful Dead songs.
    I'm cautiously hopeful that we'll re-open before 50/90, and if we do it will be craziness (good craziness) at the studio. But I will for sure find time for 50/90.

• @tcelliott  Mar 22

I'm guessing that things will be getting back to "normal" in three months. Yeah, just a guess, maybe wishful thinking. But I have a feeling that 50/90 might not be busier than normal. If anything, people will be getting out and about more if it's safe to do so. That might mean less time in front of the computer.

I'm still doing songfight over at songfight.org fairly consistently as well as the private GYAWS fb group that gives a prompt a week. And I *should* be recording stuff for a release. *sigh*

• @andygetch  Apr 2

ICYMI @mariekevinmusic a 100 songs in 180 days challenge starts Saturday April 4th. Next post (I keep forgeting that editing disables links here) is a link to the Facebook group if you are interested.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...