Easter Songs Challenge

Skip to the bottom

• @ustaknow Mar 17

Well, it came to mind to do this, this morning, however, - differently.

To many, imo, - see this as a puppies and kittens event with bunnies and candy and etc. I never did, - since any age of memory. My clue? at maybe 6 yo ish, the Man was hanging bloody from wood. - Never could get a rational answer from an adult, - then.

So, this challendge is very specific and fully realise - none, at all, may engage.

However, as you may know, - I'm fine with that 😉 too. However too, any, all are welcome, - however, (1) it's to be some way concerning the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. (2) From a written prayer first, be it in "Collect" form, free form or song form if you need that. And, it could evolve from that written prayer done first into a full on ABABC format, but should be from they prayer first. So, that could get posted first, or all at once.

(3) it could be recorded as cantor acapella, or 1v1g, 1v 1instrument, singer songwriter style, but * not "produced" as in full band orchestra.

(4) and my twist of the not puppies and kittens take on it, - feel free to go "old Testament" on it, - I am.

After posting this, I will post my Prayer and evolved Format. We'll see about the recording since, -- irony of ironies I have Seasonal Allergies ("Hay-fever"), and etc. so I may FIRST have to get T-shirts in Blaze Orange that say, ALLERGIES, not CV-19 ! so I don't get beaten to death on the streets by my caring American Comrads now hoarding Toilet Paper, Water (?) and other interesting things I've come to fine out.

OK, here we go...

• @ustaknow Mar 17

I dropped the "flowery" formats many years ago, however, some need them for comfort. Me, I'm on a first name basis and like Peter/Jonah, am a bit demanding at times 😀 So one could have wrapped this in the "usual" beginnings, but this came to mind and was:

(c) 2020 ustaknow (alias)

"I onced loved the world, but didn't love me back
    I tried and tried but only got pride
    What does one do, when unloved in black"

It was a question I was pondering since, well, confused, and so that went. Almost immediately, - this was the response:

=== === ===

Undeserved Curse (c) 2020 ustaknow (alias)

I onced loved the world, but didn't love me back
    I tried and tried but only got pride
    What does one do, when unloved in black

I moved to lands..., so far away
    Took jobs and robs for very little pay
    Asked many for help, to help them first
    But only heard back, no..., that's OK

I could not get dinner, but plenty of booze
    Then gave me a gun, when sure got the blues
    What does one do, when unloved, in black...

I moved to lands..., so far away

Then one day, it all turned black
    Death came in force, nothing to do of course
    So then came to me, so experienced, unloved,
    Encased in black, sealed with lack

I had to search, my broken heart,
    So many tears, and fears, and just cursed
    So I then said to them, no, that's OK
    Live now last with the ones of your worst

They say that I sent, sent them to hell
    But truth be told, they purchased that Well
    They got in line, to mortgage their curse
    Now all can be buried, deep in their purse

I moved to lands, so far away

Now left alone, alone, and no worse
    My Millenial City is ready and pursed
    To kiss the ones, who did no worse
    And remained, endured, that undeserved curse

• @ustaknow Mar 18

Came to mind to comment - (as I recover from a wicked hayfever headache like I have not had in a long while 😀 ... oh my, painnnnn...), anyway:

"These" - only ever work, and therefore typically do *not 😀 since the litergical legalists who map spelling, grammar and timeline omitting the personal pray part can't get past the "non-Christian" song aspect (as they define it), - Christian song ? part.
    - Hmmm, when a heathan cries out out, sings out to God and may be then engaged, at what point is it/is it not a Christian "song"? 😉

So, "that" combined with the first time a person ever thought to put a hearfelt "Prayer" (to God) to music and got hammered by some real-Christian, whatever that is?, then, scared for life, won't engage this stuff ever again.

Then roll in the walking wounded from various "formalised" places where they were petrifited to even read the Bible, like my Mother, - and you get what you have today... I think they stopped counting at something like 40,000 specific denominations or there about, that number. Wow, think about it, that many. At some point it goes back to what it is, - individual 😀
    - I love when a plan works out like that, human self defeat in the presence of His greatness.

- Hahhh! All fight to grab highest on a Mud-stick... it's still Mud, even at the top; so, there's a difference?

OK, as you were, as you were, move along now, nothing to see here 😀 ...

• @jmadison  Mar 20

@ustaknow I haven't been on the forums much lately, but I'm so glad I came across this thread.

In your prayer/song I especially like this part:
    They say that I sent, sent them to hell
    But truth be told, they purchased that Well
    They got in line, to mortgage their curse
    Now all can be buried, deep in their purse

That is so poignant.

Regarding some of your other comments, I think I'm right there too. Deep yearnings and heart cries to God are rarely pretty, but nonetheless true. I like to go there with my music. And I'm drawn to that gut level honesty when I hear it in other's music too.

Peace....

• @ustaknow Mar 23

Although I had put this in another "challenge", since I may be over the stated number in those rules, I think I may move this here so I can keep my "Collections" in the #5-count range.

- To me, this is ~ the "trial", scourging time.

So, this just done yesterday - I guess now that I'll have to get an "Easter" Album Art for this, and put this/these in there as "non-audio" tracks since not up to musicating presently (eventually, eventually 😀 ) :

Liner note:
    A quick, 5 min write, - just came to me while waiting for lunch and finished just as the wife was serving 😀 - yeehaw! So, hearUgo!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I Shall Not Fear" (c) 2020 ustaknow (alias)

Fear is in the room..., hear with me,
    Says hello..., I say high back
    Stares and stares and stares at me
    I just, look at'em back

Ch:
    I..., shall not fear...
    I..., shall not fear...
    No tears or tares or swares from me,
    I, shall not fear...

Fear is near and dare to me
    But no, we're not friends,
    I use'em as much as eeh uses me
    Don't let no stabing in, the, back, you see

[Ch]

I used to care, I used to bare
    Now I just rip it all bare you see
    To many times, to many cuts
    I don't let any of it, drive me nuts

[Ch]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• @ustaknow Mar 23

[...]
    😀 duplicate posts, what can one do!

• @jamkar  Mar 24

I move freely between sacred and profane in my writing, so I will plan to participate.
    I like that orange shirt idea! LOL!

• @ustaknow Mar 25

@jamkar - sounds good! 😀

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...