a post fawm possible op

Skip to the bottom

• @mctown Mar 11

Hey, I'm co-publishing some stuff with another guy... who is working on a reality show as music supervisor. They are doing a ghost house thing. They're looking for some original creepy music. If you agree to give up publishing and keep the songwriter share send me one creepy MP3 instrumental to mctownmusic@ gmail.com just a thought....

• @fuzzy  Mar 11

I'm interested, but I know nothing about rights. Do you have any numbers and percentages to give us? Perhaps someone can explain.....

• @helenseviltwin  Mar 11

@fuzzy I think it means that they'd get any up front fees and you'd get any royalties. I'm not 100% sure, but that's my understanding.

• @tesla3090  Mar 11

@mctown Do you have a formal contract or something to look over? I have some horror instrumentals I might send your way

• @ustaknow Mar 12

😀

• @fuzzy  Mar 12

Thanx, @ustaknow!

• @stevenwesleyguiles  Mar 12

Are there samples of the KIND of creepy he's looking for @mctown?

Instrumentation?
    I'm interested. 😀

Anytime you can work with a music supervisor directly is freaking AWESOME!!

• @stevenwesleyguiles  Mar 12

Also, to anyone else following along, that publisher/writer's share deal is quite common (I've signed over a dozen similar contracts). Maybe even TWO dozen.

• @ustaknow Mar 12

Interesting stuff!

• @tcelliott  Mar 14

@mctown I sent you an email. Thanks.

• @helenseviltwin  Mar 14

Also emailed 😀

• @zecoop  Mar 14

@mctown - also also. 😎

• @mctown Mar 16

Weird. I haven't gotten any emails. try this one.... mctownmusic@gmail.com

• @mctown Mar 16

My bad. Onward.

• @mctown Mar 16

Thanks, Steven. Yes, I have tons of agreements. Some of which I didn't sign anything....which to be honest since it is only for one specific project I was not going to commit paperwork. Will gladly retitle or whatever ... I hoped there were a few people that was familiar with this..and might jump in. DG

• @zecoop  Mar 17

@mctown - Yep... sent to the correct e-mail. I missed seeing the "music" part of it. 😀

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...