Notifications?

Skip to the bottom

• @paulh1237  Mar 11

Just an idea here; its probably too much effort for the problem it tries to solve (or worse still, it's already possible and I'm a absolute fool) but..

When its getting to mid March and the crowd thins, I wondered if the option to opt in to receiving an email notification when some commented on your wall or one of your songs would be handy? Then even if you have *left* fawnm, you would see someone had seen your stuff, feel absolutely lovely, and probably go back and reciprocate that loveliness elsewhere.

I especially thought this would be great for belated zong busting on otherwise dispirited fawmlings, though without proper controls can seeing would really annoying for people who receive comments in the 100s!

Any thoughts?

• @sailingmagpie  Mar 12

You could use an rss feed as a work around?

• @mariekevinkmusic  Mar 12

Or just check in regularly. It just shows up on your feed if someone has left a comment. Not much difference in checking the site or checking your emails?

• @paulh1237  Mar 13

@mariekevinkmusic I do check fawm regularly myself, and I get what your saying.

It was more that there seemed to be a feeling that its rubbish that everyone drops off early March and this was just an option to keep people on the hook who might otherwise forget or not know to check. For example, I absolutely never check up on my LinkedIn profile, but if I get an interaction my app sends me a notification so I dont miss it and I appreciate that. However I get that it's not a comparable thing in terms of use or scale so I'm going to drop it and slink away quietly..

• @ustaknow Mar 13

Got my attention 😀

• @metalfoot  Mar 13

@paulh1237 If you google rss to email there are a few free solutions that might help.

• @ustaknow Mar 13

Interesting stuff.

• @ustaknow Mar 13

OK

• @mariekevinkmusic  Mar 13

@paulh1237 Sorry if that came a cross harsh or rude. I did not mean for that 😀

• @ustaknow Mar 13

Yeehaw 😉

• @ustaknow Mar 13

Hmmm, nunOfit works!

• @ustaknow Mar 13

Oh well.

• @wobbiewobbit  Mar 13

i came across this in the forums last year which someone suggested and it works a treat, https://blogtrottr.com/ just create free account and fill in your home page url/alerts (mine looks like this - https://fawm.org/fawmers/wobbiewobbit... ) sorry in case you can't see the full link as it is truncated on these forums... "fawm.org/fawmers/wobbiewobbit/alerts" i paused it during fawm when it was busy but now have enabled it again and get an email when my home page is alerted,,, song comment or forum mention.

• @ustaknow Mar 14

So, derUgo!

• @ustaknow Mar 14

Not gonna happen, not for me; oh well. Best of luck!

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...