What would your FAWM album be called?

Skip to the bottom

• @lyricslinger Mar 5

Given that the stated purpose is February Album Writing Month, I wonder what people would call their album-worth of material if they were to release it as an album?

Would you go with the name of one of your songs? Or with something that summarised what your inspiration or overall theme was on the tracks?

I'm undecided but have narrowed it down to 3 options, all song titles:
    1. There's a storm coming. The lyric itself is about warfare and specifically the threat posed by nuclear bombs. And there's a couple of other lyrics that I wrote that are about possible impending disasters, whether it's the Coronavirus or the rise of far right politics/racism.

2. Landmines and Lamborghinis. Another lyric that I guess has some social commentary to it, about the disparity in wealth and lifestyles that exist in the world. But, additionally, I think it's quite an eye-catching title.

3. Welcome to the Martian Zone. This was a lyric that I started writing ages ago and thought had potential, but I just couldn't find a satisfactory way to finish it, until FAWM. And I think it could work as an album title as it could have a second meaning of 'you're about to listen to music that's a bit different from the norm'.

I guess those who are actually going to release an album may have already decided on their album name? But it would be equally interesting to hear the thoughts of those who don't intend to actually create an album. Maybe you've also got a fictional band name that you'd use?!

• @celineellis  Mar 5

I’m doing an EP not a full album. I’m using the title of my first FAWM song (Paper Airplanes) as the EP title and have a FAWM star lined up to doodle me some cover art as well.

Recording sessions start next week!

• @jmadison  Mar 5

For me it will be "FAWM Favorites 2020"

Which is only slightly different from what I did in 2019 and 2018. 😀

• @billwhite51 Mar 6

i did three albums, titles are 2020 Vision, Lyrical, and Dimes & Rhymes

• @psyt Mar 6

Last year I wrote 12 songs in January, 14 in February, and 10 each in March, April, May, June.
    This year I'm writing 6 songs every month.
    These albums do not (and probably will not) have proper names. They're just named for the month and year they've been written in.

• @metalfoot  Mar 6

"Metalfoot is Really Bad At Making Music" 😉

• @resonut123 Mar 6

I spent many sleepless nights coming up with this title...
    https://cripplecarpalclint.bandcamp.com/

• @aflinner  Mar 6

Interesting thought...if I were to release the songs I did this FAWM all as one album, I suppose it might be called “Return to Sender.” That’s part of a line from the first song I wrote this February. Some songs deal with rejecting something and embracing something else, some about life and death, some about giving back from what’s been given in some way (love, and other themes), so I feel like that would fit.

• @andygetch  Mar 6

My default is the name of one of the songs. In this case I would go with 'This Is My Cello' even though (as an improv) it was not the best song, I did use the cello on several other tracks and that 'title' track is stuck in my head. @metalfoot you wouldn't be the first to follow that arc LOL.

• @dzd  Mar 6

@metalfoot I dig that for a title!
    I put out a whole lot more than I expected, eahpee for now haha
    Frolieander at Wanderland someday.
    Mostly half baked up so far, farther than I usually get lol.

• @dzd  Mar 6

Hahah @resonut123 I bet!
    Excited to listen though.

• @coolparadiso  Mar 6

mine will be called "dedication" I am away from home until 1 May but will release it before the end of that month.

• @sw1n3flu  Mar 6

“FAWM 2020” 🤪

• @atitlan  Mar 6

It's currently just 'FAWM 2020', but when I've sorted out the running order, I think I'm probably going to call it 'Remembering to Forget' based off the title of the last track I wrote which was 'Remember to Forget'

• @emkaydeebee  Mar 6

My musical is currently titled “Mat Leave”...

• @cicpisces Mar 6

Struggles and joys of a wet windy February

• @ayehahmur  Mar 6

Planning to call it Some Ghosts - which is pretty much descriptive of what it is, I guess. 😀

• @nancyrost  Mar 6

"The Joys of Solo Travel" for my all-collabs FAWM.

• @electrocelte Mar 7

"Epidemic of Loneliness"... although it is my 2nd track listed it is kind of the one that started this FAWM madness...

• @boxtape Mar 7

I was playing a stupid word game on my phone and the phrase "Cake Urchin" came up and tbh I think that's a pretty cool name for an album, so I'd probably go with that.

• @siebass  Mar 7

"I should've tried harder"

• @quillwraith  Mar 7

Nothing stood out this year the way it does sometimes, but in the end I think I'll make 'Silence of the Sky' the title song

• @beautyspot Mar 7

I broke it into 3 EPs,
    Piano Stool, Beer and Candles
    Sunday morning and it's raining
    Finishing up
    They kind of fell into place that way, as each had s bit of different feel
    Also, 14 songs feels daunting, while 3 four song EP seemed a breeze. I recorded, mixed and published them separately, and I never felt rushed. Will definitely do it this way next year

• @bootlegger Mar 7

I am going to try to release this year's album as an album. The title is simply "The Journal."

• @lyricslinger Mar 13

Some great suggestions there. Some of the suggested title that I particularly liked included:
    @celineellis with 'Paper Airplanes'
    @atitlan with 'Remembering to Forget'
    @electrocelte with 'Epidemic of Loneliness' (Quite topical!)
    @Boxtape with 'Cake Urchin' (Intriguing. Makes me wonder what the lyrical content might be?!)

And @Metalfoot 's 'Metalfoot is Really Bad At Making Music' made me chuckle. 😀

• @mikeskliar  Mar 13

I might use a song title (actually a longer version of the title)..
    "Copper Wheat Penny from 1911"

• @gubna Mar 14

Monument
    I started uploading the demos but stopped. I’m gonna listen to everything then add more instrumentation in parts. Need to work on mixing and mastering so this is a good opportunity to learn while working on my stuff. I don’t know when I’ll have it all done but it’ll be at

Spamystyle.bandcamp.com/album/monument

I’m already recording something new.

• @thetambourinepeople Mar 17

Didn't plan it this way, but a theme/concept developed over the month, even ending with a reprise of the first song, so I went with that, and eventually "Tambourine Love" will be out (final vocal session cancelled due to no travel - ARGH.)

• @boyatheart Mar 17

Mine is called "Something Big is Coming" and I'm currently polishing up the mixes for release on 31st March. So far I've completed 5 of the 8 tracks on the album.
    The title came from the last track I wrote for this FAWM.
    https://robcmusic.bandcamp.com/album/...

• @berni1954  Mar 18

"Skirmish Fallout..." would probably be my title. Most of the 36 songs I wrote (or co-wrote) were written in skirmishes this year.

• @oceanjasper Mar 21

My thought was that I'd name it "For another world maybe", because it's a possible extended form of FAWM 😁 It also lined up with the story I tried to tell with the album. The album is a concept one, where I told the story of an imaginary day you (the listener) might have lived though/ may live through in the future. Each song stands for a different activity of the day.

• @jonmeta  Mar 21

If I put the best of my 7 FAWMs together I’ll have enough for one decent long-playing album of 14 songs: “Seven Years of February”. Or possibly “Double Lucky”.
    My favourite from this thread so far is “Tambourine Love”.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...