Fawm ear worms

Skip to the bottom

• @smileymn Feb 13

Anyone else get their own fawm tunes stuck in your brain? I keep humming two of my new ones to myself before realizing what it is.

• @nancyrost  Feb 13

Yes, all the time.

• @bradbrubaker  Feb 13

Yuuuuuuup. I'm told the Beatles wrote songs with the idea that if they couldn't remember them the next day, then they weren't worth keeping. With that in mind, a lot of my songs get stuck in my head because that's how I know they're worth keeping...not that I'm the Beatles by any stretch of the imagination, haha

• @guatecoop  Feb 13

@bradbrubaker thats my philosophy too. I’ve seen bands play amazing shows and play with such skill, but I don’t remember a single song or riff....I just don’t see the point of making music that doesn’t stick in someone’s head.

• @rainchaser  Feb 13

I had one 2019 FAWM song got stuck in my head for at least two days.

• @robynmackenzie  Feb 14

Always. I figure it's a good sign.

• @dragondreams  Feb 14

Yep! 😀
    Now I'm old and grey, I'm pleased when something of mine passes my own whistle test...

• @boxtape Feb 14

Yes! One in-particular so far, I think it's going to be "the song".

• @steffan  Feb 14

Ugh... it's the worst. My wife catches me singing my own songs all the time... luckily nobody else knows that it's my own songs I'm singing.

• @coolparadiso  Feb 14

just yup! the wife as well on some of mine.

• @aflinner  Feb 15

Yep. This what happens when you spend time going over the song in your head constantly as you write it, then record it, then listen to it...especially when you really enjoy the result. Start writing a new one, and repeat.

• @headfirstonly  Feb 15

...and this is why modern pop songs are *so* repetitive. Repeated listening to the hook or chorus makes it familiar, and because something is familiar, we like it. Whether we want to or not, it seems.

The brain has some interesting wiring when it comes to music. My favourite was discovered by Diana Deutsch:
    http://deutsch.ucsd.edu/psychology/pa...

• @atitlan  Feb 15

@headfirstonly That's really interesting, but I guess it partly depends on the initial spoken delivery - in the example case the mode of speech is quite sing-song to start with, so repeating the phrase embeds that even more, to the point where you hear it as musical pitches.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...