February Coffee (Or Tea) Drinking Month

Skip to the bottom

• @gslade Feb 1

I'm putting down a pot or two a day of dark roasts, typically French. I grind it at home, and I'm thinking of getting a roaster to take it to the next level. If I can't get a French then I go Espresso.

What beverage is getting you through the month?

• @nikke88 Feb 1

With breakfast a cup of dark roasted coffee made from freshly-grounded coffee beans. During the day a cup or several of earl Grey tea.

• @gslade Feb 1

@nikke88 - Do you find yours locally or do you have to order it? My wife and I like the brand Kicking Horse, but we have to order it on Amazon.

• @ericdistad  Feb 1

Coldpress coffee in the morning. ๐Ÿ˜€

Tea in the afternoon (Chinese dark tea of late)

@gslade Roasting at home is next level! I've done some with a popcorn-popper roaster and the results are great.. but it's a bit time consuming. I'd be curious to know your results if you start roasting.

• @gslade Feb 1

@ericdistad The popcorn popper must be legit, since that's the second reference to that being a coffee roaster I've heard this week. If I get to it this month I'll add an update. Where do you get your beans?

• @tawny249  Feb 1

Instant coffee, high-caffeine tea, regular coffee...basically if it's caffeine and not a soda I'm good. But yes, caffeine is essential to a successful FAWM for me, not to mention being awake at all. ๐Ÿ˜

• @nikke88 Feb 1

@gslade Yep, I buy coffee beans from my local supermarket. There is even locally roasted coffee beans on the shelves.

I grind my coffee beans with a coffee grinder, but I don't roast my coffee beans. At least not yet, that is some next level stuff. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @ericdistad  Feb 1

@tawny249 Awake = good. (Though if you can sleep-songwrite, that might be pretty cool. ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

@gslade I've gotten the beans from various places. The last place I ordered from was SweetMaria's - https://www.sweetmarias.com/green-cof... - but there's a lot more places to find them now than a few years ago. Amazon even sells green coffee beans now.

• @gslade Feb 1

@tawny249 -- I have a problem with soda. I feel better when I don't drink it....but damn it if I don't love it... what chaos reigns over me

• @pearlmanhattan  Feb 1

I had a cheap coffee maker from the discount store, but it broke, so I removed the basket and it fits nicely in a plastic drinking glass, so I boil water and pour it through the grounds and into my cup. In the afternoons, it's usually green or herbal tea, right now hooked on a lovely Chocolate Mint herbal tea.

• @keithcuts  Feb 1

coffe shop coffee. gets me out of the house

• @toms Feb 1

Hot chocolate. Home made! ๐Ÿ˜€

• @robynmackenzie  Feb 1

So much coffee, herbal tea, and hot chocolate. Beer may come into it at some point too.

• @kavokei Feb 1

Strong, black espresso, Lebanese/Turkish coffee, green tea or yerba mate. Plus chillies in or on anything I eat - spice seems to work better than caffeine sometimes. Oh man, now I'm craving an espresso at 11pm...

• @postcardhelicopters  Feb 1

Cheap store-brand coffee that I cold brew. Cheap, so that I can drink it all day without breaking the bank, and on the crappy side so that "going out" for coffee isn't a letdown.

• @dragondreams  Feb 1

I recently found a local coffee roastery and started getting my beans from them. Not found a "favourite" yet from their range, but not had any bad ones.
    https://www.northstarroast.com/

• @chipwithrow  Feb 1

I love all the coffee varieties here, and @robynmackenzie yes to beer, too.
    For coffee, back and forth lately between Hawaiian (grind the beans myself) and good ol' Maxwell House. I like them both equally. Starbucks Americano once or twice a week.
    As for beer - I drink local (southwest Florida) most of the time, and my go-to otherwise is Pabst Blue Ribbon in 16 oz cans.
    Did two songs today - one fueled by coffee, the other by beer.

• @gslade Feb 2

@kavokei I say go for it! Clocks be damned

• @gslade Feb 2

@chipwithrow Americano at Starbucks is my go to if I'm not home

• @kavokei Feb 2

@gslade I went for a beer and peri-peri cashews instead, I'm delaying gratification - double espresso first thing tomorrow ๐Ÿ˜‰

• @megsongs Feb 2

Oh my gosh, I love that this is a thread! Tea is the best invention on the planet and I actually think I'd be lost without it! Nice malty Assam or English Breakfast for the win!

• @gslade Feb 2

@megsongs I've never been a hot tea drinker, but my oldest kid, Mileena, visited England for a week last year and now she's hooked. What's a good tea for a newbie to try out?

• @jacobeverettwallace  Feb 2

Give me all the coffee. Hot, cold, morning, night. What is sleep anyway?

• @atam94 Feb 2

@jacobeverettwallace I relate to that way too well haha. It's 8:20 PM and I'm currently drinking coffee. Will I sleep well tonight? Maybe not, but I want to keep working on my next song while I'm feeling inspired.

• @leah0k  Feb 2

Guys.
    ALDI has amazing coffee beans for like $5. Yes, a bag of whole bean organic coffee beans that are not burned to a crisp like Starbucks' beanzzzz.
    I toss the beans in my grinder and do a pour over most mornings, but I also work part time in a cafe so if I'm working, I make myself a latte or mocha when I get there. It's one of my favorite perks to my job ๐Ÿ˜€

I also really like Republic of Tea ginger peach, cinnamon plum, and I just tried a cranberry something or other the other day that was so tasty, I MAY have reused the tea bag about 5 more times until there was only a hint of flavor left. I'll have to order a canister.

• @gslade Feb 2

@leah0k Awesome tip.

• @ericdistad  Feb 2

Great tip @leah0k .

Also Republic of Tea Ginger Peach is a go to tea for me, especially when I'm not feeling well, for some reason. Soothing to a strained throat and tasty. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @jendistad  Feb 2

@gslade, I recommend an English Breakfast tea. It's a good standard black tea, takes milk and sugar well (if such a thing is of interest). Considering that Mileena got hooked on tea while visiting England, you might want to check out the Twinings brand of teas, as that is a staple in England (or at least it was last time I was over that way).

If your kid is interested in exploring the world of teas, in it's many types and varities, https://www.teasource.com/ has an amazing selection.

• @dreamscuba  Feb 2

Yes, I'm on the tea and coffee diet now for the month...haha....Yorkshire Tea and Lattes ....I guess I should drink some water too.

• @bking  Feb 2

Twinnings orange spice is a favorite, but I like some of the more obscure teas. Hibiscus with honey, sassafras or Irish breakfast tea with honey and amaretto could leave an empty cup behind.

• @leah0k  Feb 2

@ericdistad yes! It must be the ginger. Good for calming everything down. I just finished off a tin and need more teas for FAWM! @bking I remember digging up sassafras root with my gramps when I was a kid, they made tea with it, but I wouldnโ€™t drink it back then. Iโ€™ll bet itโ€™s fantastic.

• @gslade Feb 2

@jendistad -- I'll take your suggestions and see what happens.

This thread is way more interesting than I originally thought it would be. We need to distill it down to a shopping list at the end of the month.

• @seemanski  Feb 2

Coffee drinker all the way. Probably drink far too much of the stuff. I tried to dettox off it, lasted 2 weeks and was back again.

• @megsongs Feb 2

@gslade A nice English Breakfast tea is a good one. Twinings is a good brand. If itโ€™s your first cup, then have it with plenty of milk and a bit of sugar. Enjoy!

• @corinnecurcio  Feb 2

I've just retired as of January, and I received a Keurig-type coffee maker as a Christmas present, so I've not been popping downstairs to get Dunkin Donuts quite so often. Have been buying coffee on sale, and am quite content: Medium Roast Trader Joes, Folgers, Donut Shop (my fave) and McCafe Decaf for the afternoon cuppa! Iced Decaf Black or Green Tea with dinner.

• @leah0k  Feb 3

@gslade a shopping list! What a great idea!
    @seemanski yeah donโ€™t try doing that again... at least not during February. @megsongs is English Breakfast tea the same as British Breakfast? Forgive me if thatโ€™s a dumb question!

• @lisamarie777 Feb 4

I have a couple of cups of coffee in the morning. Mine are drip, so fancy, haha! I also love matcha green tea powder in my unsweetened almond milk or just a bag of green tea straight up in hot water.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...