Here comes sickness

Skip to the bottom

• @sw1n3flu  Jan 30

“Well... they finally did it... they killed my f*cking car”

The cold/sore throat that has been looming for a week or so has finally kicked in so it looks like I’ll be starting Feb ill... Anyone else joining me? Hah. \m/

• @jacobeverettwallace  Jan 30

Noooooooooooooooo.

I had the flu two weeks ago, nastiest one I've ever had. Glad to be done with that. Hope you get well soon!

• @phlex Jan 30

Time to put on the Tom Waits voice!

• @dasbinky  Jan 30

@phlex I would KILL to have the Tom Waits voice as my sick voice. I land closer to pitchy teenage Greg Brady territory.

@sw1n3flu May the sickness pass over you quickly and leave you with strange fever dream song ideas!

• @petemurphy Jan 30

Yep.
    Both physical and mental health have been dire of late. Vocal problems, too.

• @boyatheart Jan 30

Yes me too. It started in a similar way with a looming, mild sore throat and I thought I'd kept it at bay until... boom!
    I'm hopefully just going through the last of it, which means I'm starting to feel more human, but the voice won't recover for at least a week.

Make the most of the broken voice if you can. I have just gone ahead and persevered in the past and once or twice the messed up vocal worked perfect for the song.
    And we all know that music is the greatest healer of all right? 😀

• @zecoop  Jan 30

@phlex and @dasbinky - Haha.... I totally did that a few years ago!! I was completely sick and feeling horrible, but it was actually really fun. It was a song using lyrics from @marklberry about government rules for flying drones. I essentially made a Tom Waits public service announcement. Well, at least a close as *I* could get to Tom Waits 😁

https://zecoop.bandcamp.com/track/uas...

• @zecoop  Jan 30

Get well soon @sw1n3flu and @boyatheart and @petemurphy (and all other FAWMers that catch the crud right as FAWM starts...) It happens a lot, which is unfortunate. 😞

• @ianuarius  Jan 30

Get well soon everybody! World needs your songs.

Get a lot of rest. Tons.

• @kirjis  Jan 30

Yeah, I've had an ear infection on and off for over a year now and I'm seeing a doc again tomorrow... I got a rupture in my left eardrum from that and so that ear is somewhat ... degraded. Still, waiting for FAWM!

• @dreamscuba  Jan 30

Get well soon all...I just got over the flu and am trying to stay away from the Corona virus fever here in Singapore.

• @aflinner  Jan 30

My cold is about done, still hanging on to my lungs a bit, but the worst is over. Not tip-top yet, but should be soon. Hang in there, everybody! Rest, fluids, blankets....

• @dzd  Jan 30

Just kicked a flu as well last week, it was an especially nasty one.
    Stay well everybody! Keep those little snot monsters(your children)away!

• @headfirstonly  Jan 30

Commiserations to everyone who has posted so far; I feel your pain.

I do my best Leonard Cohen impersonations when I'm ill. My voice drops an octave. Sadly this year I'm sick with stuff that doesn't affect my voice, like kidney stones. I'd much rather have a cold.

• @spingo  Jan 30

In the final throes here, but my right ear is still clogged and everything sounds like I'm wearing a lunchbox.

• @calumcarlyle Feb 27

I don't have the flu (touch wood!) but i have managed to injure my shoulder/arm on tuesday evening, by doing... NOTHING!

It just started hurting and then it really hurt. Can't sleep the night, can't do much with it, it is slowly getting better but ffs! It is a distraction to say the least, and stops me really playing music too!

Apparently i can still just about type though! 😀

• @scottlake Feb 28

Last 2 weeks passing a kidney stone. Highly demotivating. Mostly lyrics only for me for the month. Song twelve lyrics about kidney stones

• @boxtape Feb 28

Woke up with a terrible sore throat and clogged up head yesterday. Desperately trying to finish some songs off but can't sing now 😏

• @sw1n3flu  Feb 28

@boxtape arrrgghh!!!

• @boxtape Feb 28

@sw1n3flu Indeed, oh well!

• @helenseviltwin  Feb 28

I'm just getting over mine.

• @vomvorton  Feb 28

I've thought I was getting over mine about four times but it keeps switching up the symptoms and coming back. Still, at least I can sing without coughing at this point!

• @sw1n3flu  Feb 28

@vomvorton PROGRESS!!!

• @sw1n3flu  Feb 28

@helenseviltwin you'll be right as rain come London FOP x

• @helenseviltwin  Feb 28

@sw1n3flu - yep, defo at the tail end of it now. All is good.

• @celineellis  Feb 29

I’ve not been able to talk all week, let alone sing. I did try and write some lyrics only but I wasn’t feeling well enough and gave up early on. I have a song posted that I will do the vocals for and upload. I’ve had to cancel sundays gig cos I just can’t talk. Sad end to what has been a superb month. But I have lots to take away and work with!! (Trying to be positive)

• @yarimurray  Feb 29

My wife and I got hit pretty hard this month so we've come to accept that we will not finish with 14 this year. Thankfully our health seems to be resurging and we will end up with 8 or 9 songs. We'll take it.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...