Influences: Lots of Johnny's-- Cash, Hiatt, Horton, Clegg. Folk, singer-songwriter, pop-folk, Elvii whether mythical, Presley or Costello.
On January 31, 2013, on a whim and in response to a facebook acquaintance, Tom Slatter’s post about February Album Writing Month, I signed up on FAWM.org. It is no understatement to say that FAWM transformed me as a musician and songwriter. In 2013, I finished my first FAWM with 21 songs. Each year since, I have completed FAWM with at least 16 songs.
Every year I use this space to post a FAWManifesto of my FAWM Goals. At this point, I have none. Lets do this.
FAWM 2019 GOALS held over from 2018
1. Continue to up my production game.
2. Fuller arrangements with robot band using my Trio Pedal or iRealPro and Band in a Box arrangements.
3. TIme for this old Folkie to plug in. I have a Zoom G1xOn multi-effects pedal and a Telecaster.
4. MoreSurf Ukulele.
5. Collab, collab, collab. Who wants to co-write? How should we go about it?
6. Help @sebscorner navigate around FAWM and Reaper
Once again, I'm trying to bring friends along with a local songwriter's group at the Midland Cultural Centre. I'm still hoping a few local songwriters hop on the FAWM bandwagon. We usually meet the third Saturday morning of the month at 11am at the Midland Cultural Centre but in February, we are there most Saturdays. More info at https://www.facebook.com/groups/16626...
So far I know of at least 3 Midland area songwriters are participating in writing songs during February Album Writing Month (FAWM), Myself: @ductapeguy @visiblydistorted @moonraccoon @beesmusic (formerly @bjr) and @sebscorner . We are pestering others. 😀
No songs by this fawmer (yet).