Influences: Here are a couple of favorites, but I listen to everything from country to rap: John Prine, Bob Dylan, Tom Russell, Katy Moffatt, R.E.M., 10,000 Maniacs, Leonard Cohen, Billy Bragg, Billy Joel, Tom Waits and Bruce Springsteen.
This year, for my own songs, I'm aiming towards what I call "brutiful". Read into it what you feel like.
Get in touch FAWMers who want to collaborate! 😀 I'm mainly a lyricist, but I don't shy away from a bit of composition either. Collaborations are EXTREMELY welcome. However, if you want to post, share, perform or release the song outside of FAWM, please ask first. I will say yes. Royalties, if applicable, will be an equal split between everyone involved. Now, let's make some magic! 😀
If you're interested, this is how I cheat/work:
- BiaB or Magix for generating instrument tracks, combined with some playing of my own if I've got the time or ideas (although I can't really play anything).
- CoolEdit Pro 2.1 for chopping, editing, effects and mixing.
- Got a brand new USB mixer & mic setup for vocals, and a nice Shure Beta 58a and lots of gear and instruments in my home studio that I really don't know how to use. Instruments I have access to in my home studio include an electric guitar, an acoustic guitar, an electric bass, too many harmonicas, a vibraslap, various percussion instruments, an accordion, an Irish flute, a mouth harp, a ukulele and some keyboards.
- Vocal tweaking in Melodyne. Kind of an expert there. 😉
Sounds good, I'll send something your way when I've got an idea together
Haha that may be true, but you do have Melodyne and I can't sing AND don't have a way to reasonably fix it. (Though I did listen to your songs with singing and I think they sound great!).
So in the past I've had some success just putting together an instrumental with no melody and letting the collaborator come up with the melody/lyrics. It works for me because I tend to think in terms of chords and textures/instruments before I think of melodies.
But, if you've got a melody lying around that you're not sure what to do with, I'd be happy to try and start with that and harmonize/contextualize it and build some structure around it and whatnot.
Hey there! Sorry I've been MIA. I don't have any super coherent song ideas sitting around, but I can probably put something together. If you could be on the vocals project that would be awesome (I'm an abysmal singer).
Wow, you still use CoolEdit. I'm a big fan of it. Have you found the easteregg in it?
Here's how to get dropbox hosted mp3s to play in the player:
1. Take the url https://www.dropbox.com/s/yvnev9zbny0...
2. Replace "https://www.dropbox.com/s/" with "https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/"
3. Remove the "?dl=0" from the end
4. Viola! http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/yv...
sent the collab song to your gmail. Lemme know.
The job sounded simple enough - pick up a statue at the Providence Museum and deliver it to a guy at the Silver Twilight Lodge. The money was good, and the dame who gave him the job seemed sincere.
Sadly, things never seem to work out that easily for Joe. Now the statue is missing, two people are dead, strange cultists are on his trail, and all the clues lead to Arkham. Lady Luck can be funny that way.
He's already tried talking to the Sheriff, but that flatfoot proved to be worse than useless. Looks like it's once again going to be up to Joe Diamond to solve the case.
The name is: Joe Diamond, Private Eye
The hook is: "Hunches"
Dude, goodness me, great write on happy is a tall order, you got a style preference? I almost have a melody, I'll work something up today and send it to you for a listen.
alright, you wanna sketch out some lyrics, (now that I look, you asked to do lyrics) write something happy...that's new for me LOL
Greetings random collab partner, how would you like to do this? Sounds like we both do both, so this could be really fun. A duet perhaps? Excited to be working with you.
You made me blush! Thank you! As usual, I'll be scrolling through your lyrics looking for something that inspires me for a collab!
Hello Morten! Looking forward to see you in February!
Hey Morten, hope you're back around this year! Happy Fawming!