MIDI Triggering

Skip to the bottom

• @dasbinky 4 weeks

Hey MIDI people! I've got a problem with lots of interesting solutions, thought I'd solicit some.

I record with Ableton Live, and I've been doing more with acoustic drums. When I'm on the kit, I'm 5+ feet from my PC / audio interface, and it's a pain to slog from behind the kit to hit play/record and scurry back to the kit. I'd like to be able to remotely start and stop recording, and hopefully jump back 10-15 seconds as needed, for the many screw-ups I make.

Thoughts on a good setup? I only need 4 or 5 buttons (I think... Play, stop, maybe record, jump back... anything else?), so something like the Novation is overkill, and I need more than just a single button like a sustain pedal.

Your thoughts are appreciated. It's only November, but now's the time to get the studio working right!

• @radioovermoscow 2 weeks

A wireless mouse?

• @standup  2 weeks

Wireless trackpad maybe is a good idea. Many years ago I used Frontier Tranzport, which did the job. I think there are now phone apps that will do what you need. For example, my interface is MOTU, and MOTU makes an app to control their mixer. I have "Pro Transport" on my phone but admit I have not needed it much.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...