Still here anyone?

Skip to the bottom

• @karlsburg25  Mar 20

I know there is a thread alive already with who is here or not but just to let you all know I am here in depth for the next week full of listens as i haven't really managed any since flying off to thailand on feb 24th. Already got a couple in but can't wait to get my lugs into as much as possible. BTW Well done everyone on magnificent music feb x

• @musicsongwriter Mar 20

Hi Karl, yes, still here. Hope to hear our collaborations πŸ˜€

• @metalfoot  Mar 20

Hi!!!

• @chipwithrow  Mar 20

I'm still here!
    I just did a quick check and counted 22 of us who have posted in various threads in the last 12 hours. Expand that out to those posting within the last day, and to me that shows enough of us still around to keep things interesting for at least a few more days

• @quork  Mar 20

I’m checking in regularly, but on vacation with the family, so not listening this week. I’ll be back in the saddle next week.

• @coolparadiso  Mar 21

I'm here

• @tsunamidaily Mar 21

i sign in and post a quote. that thread has at least moved halfway down the page most days of late. so, there is some traffic.

• @mikeskliar  Mar 21

yes.. here,and and working on an album project from the 'best' of my 2018 fawm songs... and will be doing some more listening in the next few days as well...

• @zecoop  Mar 21

Yep... Still here for sure!

• @bking  Mar 21

Still here. In and out as time permits.

• @julesbf Mar 21

Still here, sounds like you had a ball in the East @karlsburg25

• @tcelliott  Mar 21

Addiction means I can't stay away.

• @letyourhairdown Mar 21

πŸ˜€

• @scottlake  Mar 21

Here but minimally. Lots of life events past couple weeks. Lost my drive after hitting 200 comments given. And my time. And. I have band rehearsal in two days and haven’t practiced yet!

• @rainchaser  Mar 21

Still here working on my updated demo. I'm also commenting and listening but less frequent than usual.

• @sunnymae  Mar 21

Checking in every other day or so and working on rewrites

• @ballyhoot  Mar 21

I’m srill here. I’d like to say that I’m still listening and commenting but my activities in that direction have tapered off significantly. Musically, I’m focused on trying to learn 4 of my songs well enough to play on stage at the upcoming Texas FOP this Saturday. I’m a bit terrified. I’m practicing at home standing up and using a mic and keep hitting the mic stand with the guitar. Ugh!!! Tips?

• @iveg Mar 21

@ballyhoot - use a mic stand with a boom arm so you can stand further away. Think "I'm EXCITED." It feels a bit like terror, but in a good way. Makes it easier to harness that emotional power.

I pop in - mostly working on other things. Didn't leave myself any songs to demo. So now I'm back to "injest massive amounts of good content". today that's listening to relaxation music and reading a book one of my friends wrote.

• @vomvorton  Mar 21

Still here, doing a bit of listening every day.

• @ampersandman  Mar 21

Still checking in daily. I might leave some more comments to those who are still around.

• @lemonstar Mar 21

Only 22!? - that's somewhere on the surprising-disappointing-shocking spectrum.

• @kovbleu  Mar 21

In and out. Thanks for the updated "who's here" thread though - I'll be sure to pop onto the pages of these fine folks above to give some listens since I know they are still active. I hope your trip to Thailand went well @karlsburg25 ! πŸ˜€

• @majordanby  Mar 21

I’m still checking in occasionally but have stopped commenting on a nice round 300.
    I’m back in the studio working on some new stuff

• @edwardsmusic Mar 21

Yeah, I'm still here. Not making as much of a visible presence however, because I'm focusing on getting material recorded.

• @wacha  Mar 21

I am still here, I've been checking in daily to listen to some songs and try to get through my watch list. I'll probably be here daily until the end of March. I'll still pop in after that but it may not be on a daily basis.

• @vomvorton  Mar 21

I just found a zong! It says it has music forthcoming though so I shall resist busting it.

• @fourtracktape Mar 21

Some of us are still here... Lots of FAWMers and 19 different cassette tapes that physically went around the world in the mail, in case you missed it. πŸ˜€

• @leepat  Mar 21

yep, I was looking at that zong too. holding my horse πŸ˜€

• @treble  Mar 21

I'm still here, but mostly checking Recent Events Forum to see what's happening. FYI 5 Songs in 5 Days challenge April 2-6. Can access through Facebook website created by Sarah Spencer.

• @pipewrench67  Mar 21

In and out sort of here real life gaining traction and attention.

• @ballyhoot  Mar 21

@iveg: thanks for the suggestion. I figured a boom mike would fix the issue but I want to make sure I can perform with a regular mic stand in case the coffee shop doesnt have a boom. They probably do, though.

• @gemhughs Mar 21

@ballyhoot Just curious... Which 4 songs have you chosen?

• @kristian  Mar 21

Still here! I try to listen and comment more; but real life is kicking my ass reminding me how lucky I am to be able to set almost everything aside for one whole month.. but that does mean that March is evil

• @kovbleu  Mar 21

I've listened/commented on everyone who posted prior to me (my first post) on this thread today. I'll try to get back to the rest of you too that have come since! πŸ˜€ If anyone's up for listening back - my songs #12-#16 have had less ears on them, but any listens at all to whichever ones you are drawn to are greatly appreciated!!

• @ballyhoot  Mar 21

@gemhughs , Powerless, These Eyes, Mother, and Garden and Desert. I felt like these were the ones I could best play and sing at the same time. Plus, several of my other songs this year are two-chord songs that I thought would be boring to listen to with just an acoustic and vocals

• @ballyhoot  Mar 21

Not that any of my songs ever have a plethora of chords or complexity to them... πŸ˜‹

• @majordanby  Mar 21

@ballyhoot I have never stood up when playing acoustic. I will if using my tele but I feel that playing the acoustic sitting down makes it easier to get into the songs; plus less to think/worry about
    Good luck

• @zecoop  Mar 21

@majordanby - is always interesting to hear how people play... I have a really hard time playing acoustic sitting down. An even harder time playing electric sitting down... πŸ˜€

• @tamsnumber4 Mar 21

I'm here on and off there is still so much to take in...

• @bking  Mar 21

@majordanby , @zecoop For what it's worth, there is a trick to playing guitar while seated. Wear shorts so your guitar doesn't slide off your leg. Works for me. Just sayin'

• @silvermachine  Mar 21

Cut a big hole in your T shirt man and it sticks to your belly, then you got that sucker totally in your power.

• @fonte  Mar 21

I'm still here and listening and commenting. I'm still enjoying going through random songs and commenting, don't seem to mind if there's not much response. I just love the random song.

• @rustyp  Mar 21

I'm in and out here, but have laerts set up so I do come back when I'm mentioned. πŸ˜€ And then followingup and commenting where commenting warrented, but not too uch tie to spend just listening aimlessly. πŸ˜€

• @zecoop  Mar 21

@bking - Sure, but then how are you supposed to play guitar with an awesome Jimmy Page rock pose?!?!! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

• @majordanby  Mar 21

@bking @zecoop
    Haha! It’s how I do all of my practicing, I’d take my sofa on stage if I could πŸ˜‰

• @zecoop  Mar 21

@majordanby @bking - now THAT... would be a rock and roll move! πŸ˜€

• @bking  Mar 21

@zecoop My best bud at work is named Jim Paige. He's an old fart like me. We know all about rockers. You know, the kind you sit on.

• @darcistrutt  Mar 21

I'm still here often. Still lots of listening to do!

• @mauramer Mar 21

Still here, still slowly listening and commenting...

• @stevenwesleyguiles  Mar 21

Yas.

• @quork  Mar 21

I read that you should practice how you plan to play onstage. I took that to heart and now practice standing up. I’m now comfortable standing up on stage.

• @monty  Mar 22

I still check in every once in a while.

• @pipewrench67  Mar 22

I believe it was a completely inebriated Bunny Berigan who was asked, "how can you play when you're this drunk."
    His response, "Because I'm this drunk when I practice."
    So apparently the theory stands @quork

• @looprication  Mar 22

@pipewrench67 - classic. I call beer "FAWM juice"

Yeah, still here, but not nearly as much as I'd like to be. February is a cruel mistress.

• @barrygoldman  Mar 22

Yes, but I don't know that I'll be listening. I have not found a good time since March began, but I look at the forums everyday! So it's a weird thing like that. Just waiting for 50/90 really...

• @owl  Mar 22

Checking in every so often now but I've slowed down a lot!

• @bethdesombre  Mar 22

Yup. Most days I'll check and give a listen or two.

• @siebass  Mar 22

Present.

• @fuzzy  Mar 22

Checking the Forums every day.

• @tuneslayer2018  Mar 22

I'm around sporadically

• @aprilm  Mar 23

Check in every so often but only briefly

• @persaab Mar 23

Just checking is there any life on Fawm

• @cynthiawolff  Mar 23

Checking in..
    @ballyhoot type out your l6rics
    So yo7 can have them in front of you..
    Yes..you’re excited not nervous...

• @tseaver  Mar 23

@pipewrench67 Tahlulah Bankhead to the thurifer: "Dahling, your gown is divine, but your purse is on fire!"

Still listening a bit, but definitely slowing down.

• @chipwithrow  Mar 23

Today is already a good commenting day and it's not even 8 am!
    Wife and daughter went off to the beach for a well-deserved day together, and I have the house to myself. Sure, I have some work to accomplish, but I also get to take breaks to play guitar and to listen here.
    I'm working my way through people who posted here, reciprocating for comments I've received, and seeing who's in the other thread.

• @mkd  Mar 23

Still listening to a few tracks a week and keeping an eye on the forums πŸ˜€

• @gemhughs Mar 23

I'm still here... checking in-between while catching up on all those chores I skipped last month... as well those summer chores that seem to be popping up πŸ˜€

• @kirrivath Mar 23

Just de-zonged THE LAST ZONG!

There's probably a song in that. Oh wait, FAWM is over. Right.

• @chrishope  Mar 24

here till i reciprocate some comments πŸ˜€

• @roy  Mar 24

still poppiing in now and again, listening to random tracks. actually still working on a couple of songs that i will post when they are done, to replace the scratch versions i had posted before.

• @silvermachine  Mar 24

Gone

• @infilktion Mar 25

Here, listening, commenting, and return commenting. Weekends tend to be when I can pop in.

• @cynthiawolff  Mar 25

Yes...

• @chipwithrow  Mar 27

I thought I was going to leave - listened/commented on Friday, then worked all day Saturday through Monday. Plus there's a yard project that I've been doing on and off since last summer that my wife kindly asked me to finish by the time a house guest arrives at the end of April.
    But I saw I had some new comments on my songs, and that led me to reciprocate, and now I think I'll hang around through my birthday on Saturday (last day of March).

• @tuneslayer2018  Mar 27

Still here, or rather here again. I took a week or so off to go out of town (some of it scheduled, some not). I notice people are still commenting on my songs, which makes me happy.

• @karlsburg25  Mar 27

Just to update again i am here at least until the second week of April. A bit slow this year due to thai pleasure (thats beaches and nothing else) x

• @stevenwesleyguiles  Mar 29

Yessss.

Though I am in the middle of insane work schedule. πŸ˜€

• @rainchaser  Mar 29

I'm still here too until the second week of April. I finally got the money for the guitar now I just need to plan my days for the search. πŸ˜€ Still got a week or so to work on the demo. Maybe I might comment idk lately I haven't been feeling like doing it.

• @lemonstar Mar 29

Yes - I was away for the weekend and working down on my allotment plot quite lot in between the showers - it's a busy time of year getting ready to plant things. There is a good dozen people I want to drop some comments on. I had 3 unfinished songs and started working on 2 of those so I'm still feeling the FAWM resonance and have no plans to move off the site atm - there is so much great music buried here - I shall keep digging.

• @vomvorton  Mar 29

Have done another round of listens and comments this morning. Not quite ready to check out just yet!

• @timfatchen  Mar 29

I have just this afternoon returned from our second crossing of the Nullarbor supporting indyPac Wheel Ride people and I do not want to see another long distance bbike or rider for a very long time. But i am back...the lowest point was the regurgitating toilets of the Kimba Caravan Park.

• @metalfoot  Mar 29

Regurgitating Toilets = great band name, @timfatchen. It can be your post-punk band.

• @bking  Mar 29

Work kept me way too busy for the past week, but I'm still not ready to quit.

• @darcistrutt  Mar 29

I'm still visiting now and then. It's been fun to continue to get some comments. Gosh darn it...now I need to listen to more music and return them! πŸ˜€

• @quork  Mar 29

Looks like the crickets are moving in.

• @kahlo2013  Mar 30

I think this will be my last weekend coming up! I look forward to listening!

• @coolparadiso  Mar 30

im going to have another listen this weekend

• @karlsburg25  Mar 30

I am going to have a big easter monday listen then that may be it for me, but i am going to enjoy glass or rose and tunes

• @quillwraith  Mar 30

Still here occasionally

• @infilktion Mar 30

Still here πŸ˜€

• @jamkar  Mar 30

Yes, I will be checking in and out. Still listening too.

• @pcob1993  Mar 31

Yep, still lurking under the piano waiting for the Mob, the Cubans, the IRS or the Feds to burst through the sheetrock.......
    I can't find my anti-depressants and all the wine is gone.....
    we are ugly but we have the music, right??? ( thanks Leonard)

• @ryako  Apr 27

I couldn't do post-FAWM listening due to a very long trip, but now I'm here....and I'm alone. Yep.

• @johnstaples  Apr 27

@ryako there are a few of us who still check in from time to time. But yeah, kinda lonely here...

• @quork  Apr 27

I usually check in once a day or so, but things are pretty quiet.

• @gemhughs Apr 27

I usually check in once or twice a day to see if any cobwebs are growing... 😊

• @paulhenry  Apr 27

I drop in every couple of weeks to see who's around and to listen to a few more.

• @metalfoot  Apr 27

I can't seem to leave. All my songs are well-commented by this point but I just keep hanging out.

• @musicsongwriter Apr 27

Occasionally πŸ˜€

• @timfatchen  Apr 28

Starting the runup to 50/90 but the site's down 😁

• @ladyred  Apr 28

Here(ish.)

• @kristian  Apr 29

Check in occasionally πŸ˜€

• @cts  Apr 29

I've checked in every now and then. There are a few songs that I've unlocked and will be doing some listening this week while I have a break.

• @tuneslayer2018  May 1

I am still still here.

• @zecoop  May 1

Oh good... @ericdistad @jendistad and @burrsettles - In case you didn't want to actually write songs next year, @smithassignment1 is here to help!! They are at your 'serice' for all your 'sddignment' needs!! πŸ˜‰

I am a professional content writer in locus assignment where we provide Sddignment Help serices in UK.

• @wacha  May 2

I'm still popping in once in a while.

• @metalfoot  May 2

Psst. There's still 4 zongs! I busted 2 already today. But I want to share the wealth...

• @cts  May 3

Here and there - things have been pretty busy for me. I'm hoping to discover some tunes later this week.

• @misterd May 24

I still pop in occasionally . But it's pretty quiet . Still some amazing songs and musicians . 2018 was my most prolific year for writing songs -FAWM was pretty exciting and I was really driven -I wrote 32 songs while living in a tiny flat in a laneway in Melbourne's cbd -it was a good musical challenge for me but I've decided now to have a musical break and just let things 'be' for a while . 2017 I wrote , recorded and self funded my debut album -2018 I wrote heaps but my life has changed dramatically . I nuked my social
    Media presence . It was a good thing . I wrote a few songs this year for FAWM that I'm really proud of -whether people listen to them or not -they are out there . Cheers

• @timfatchen  May 24

Keeping an eye on 5090. Not doing anything else. Just saw @Ianuarius Bard Cards running and promoted on my fb! Cash short--new music computer--but will try to pick up a physical deck in 6 weeks!

• @ianuarius  May 24

@timfatchen No worries, man! I have a feeling I won't be painting my house with the money I make off the cards. 😁

I wish the 50/90 site was up so I could promote them there. It takes a good few weeks for them to ship.

I know how it is with computers. I upgraded last December and it set me back quite a bit. But no regrets. Absolutely love the 8700k!

• @haim  May 24

Hi all! Can someone tell me when is 50/90? or a link?
    Hope all is good! What a great year of fawm that was.

• @ianuarius  May 24

@haim The url is normally http://fiftyninety.fawmers.org/ but it's currently just redirecting back here. Assuming there are some issues they're trying to solve.

• @metalfoot  May 24

@haim @ianuarius The 50/90 site was hacked, and due to the nature of the hack (from what @ericdistad told me) it's a non-trivial thing to fix. So, Eric's working on it. He's promised it'll be ready before 50/90 starts. I trust him.

• @roadreg May 25

I'm back to check in, mostly to update some stuff on my profile, but it's nice to be back, wow I've missed this place, etc.

• @edwardsmusic May 25

Update: just commenting on songs whenever I feel like it and, obviously, posting in forums like this.

• @haim  May 26

thanks guys. @ianuarius , @metalfoot Unfortunate that it was hacked. I'm thinking about maybe joining a little I thought I should check when it starts first. Hope it will be fixed and everyone will enjoy it.
    About fawm - I'm here just to check some comments on few of my songs that I might put on my upcoming album. Love fawm, and I use the comments people leave to improve whatever I can and see when the wind blows on that song.

• @haim  May 26

If somebody needs a check on his/her songs feel free to write here and I'll be happy to check a few. I'd love to know some new people that I didn't get to know while fawm, and of course also people that I know.
    Cheers.

• @barrygoldman  May 26

I look at the forum but I haven't been commenting. I'm just waiting for 50/90...I want to finish the album I'm working on soon and just have downtime with my music until then. Last year was such a great time it will be hard to top but I'll let things go as they do.

It's weird like, I want to hear people's songs but once FAWM is over I feel no motivation to listen to FAWM stuff you know.

• @haim  May 26

@barrygoldman Good luck with your album.
    And about the motivation to comment - I think part of it is because the people who wrote the songs are not here to see the comments so.. for me I don't even know where to begin unless someone explicitly tells me to listen to his songs. Though to be honest I feel the same... just not the same vibe.

• @aeye Jun 1

We're still hanging around. Popping in from time to time to see what's going on πŸ˜€

• @musicsongwriter Jun 4

It is good to see so many people are still here. We can comment/collaborate/read the threads/share ideas, etc.

• @billwhite51 Jun 4

i still pop in from time to time.

• @tamsnumber4 Jun 6

I like to visit every now and again for inspiration, I am missing the creative energy.

• @coolparadiso  Jun 6

and here i am popping in again now!

• @woody Jun 6

• @lemonstar Jun 25

Passing through, rattling a stick along the railings.

• @haim  Jun 25

Getting some inspiration. Soaking some atmosphere.

• @hoppiern  Jul 1

Anyone going to FAWMstock 2018??

• @edwardsmusic Jul 3

Yep, I'm still here. Just commenting on a few songs here and there.
    Who's still in the mood for collaborating around here? Got a few songs I'd like to finish.

• @lemonstar Jul 24

I don't know why so few stick around.

• @edwardsmusic Jul 28

@lemonstar That's exactly what I'm thinking. I must be one of the few people here who's still here, to say the least.

• @edwardsmusic Aug 1

Currently aiming to get 100 comments. I hope whomever is around will celebrate with comments on my soundboard (I've seen that on other FAWMers' pages but never paid close attention to it).

• @torniojaws Aug 7

Sort of πŸ˜€ But only rarely. More excited about Fawm 2019, but it's still so far away...

• @lemonstar 5 weeks

I'm lost - haven't been able to find my way out.

• @splittybooms  4 weeks

I came back to this site on a whim.
    I've been active over on 50/90 and I'm on song 49; really love the community I found there.
    Here as well.
    I left fawm abruptly without finishing or thanking people for their comments.
    After coming back to my stuff today and reading the comments on my song, I just want to say thank you. People were, very cool and kind; it felt so good reading the genuine interest people took in my stuff.
    So I was curious to see if anything recent was in the forums and whaddaya know?!
    So, to everyone that took the time to listen back then and say something, THANK YOU.
    I look forward to the next fawm.
    Through 50/90, I've learned the ropes a bit more and am much more active on commenting and listening.
    Wish you all the best, and see you in Feb.

• @metalfoot  3 weeks

@splittybooms I didn't listen to any of your stuff this FAWM. I assure you that is a mistake I shall not make again.

• @edwardsmusic 3 weeks

@splittybooms @metalfoot I admit that I haven't listened to/commented on either of your material on here, albeit I am aware of you two supporting me somewhat during 50/90. I should make a start commenting on some of your songs in the near future, if I remember to come back here.

• @edwardsmusic 3 weeks

@splittybooms @metalfoot There you go. I commented on one song from both of you.

• @splittybooms  3 weeks

@metalfoot lol hey man no worries.
    Lots of communication on 50/90 back and forth. Will seek you out in the next ones!

• @chandra83  3 weeks

*waves*

• @tesla3090  3 weeks

*waves back*

• @edwardsmusic 2 weeks

*lurks*

• @edwardsmusic 2 weeks

Now on my goal to get 200 comments or more, wish me luck.

• @russiasaturn 2 weeks

Here too! not super regular though haha

• @edwardsmusic 1 week

Actually making an effort to comment on at least one song a day.
    Also, it's ironic that the OP started a thread asking "Still here anyone?" yet has not made any posts in this thread since March 30.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...