here, not here, apologies, fears, etc....

Skip to the bottom

• @mikeskliar  Mar 16

hey everyone! I had every intention of spending the first 2 weeks of march doing some intense commenting and listening,-for a variety of reasons, have been able to do very little to date. Part of it is that 'life caught up' , I got busy with alot of things i had somewhat neglected in Feb! Also hosted a great FAWM get together here a few days after fawm ended. More recently had one of our nephews visiting us for a few days- saw some great music with him, went to the Bowie exhibit at the Bklyn museum, etc., but didn't do much here. Also have not done any work on getting an album together from my 'best of'. I still intend to (& try to do some more commenting if i can here) but sadly, I feel that 'somewhat ebbing motivation in March thing' that sometimes happens. ... how you all doing? and is there still interest in people producing, and listening to each others 'album production projects' ? i imagine a wholesale dimming of energy here perhaps? would love to be proved wrong!

• @mikeskliar  Mar 16

(and as a ps- to anyone who commented on my stuff this past two weeks- thank you!! and i hope to get to do more commenting and return the favor, but as I said, time's been a scarce commodity lately!

• @stevenwesleyguiles  Mar 16

I hear you, @mikeskliar! I feel the same way. March is madness at my work (and in college basketball it seems). 😀

• @alboe Mar 16

Same here.
    I really wanted to spent lots of time listening and commenting in March but life and other commitments got in the way.
    But I would like to know who's still here so that if I have some time to listen I know who to listen to.

• @johnstaples  Mar 16

Hey @mikeskliar don't feel bad...it is a very common FAWM condition! We are very excited in February and everyone says "March is commenting month" but when it actually gets here we sound kinda like an AA group!

"Hi, my name is John Staples and I have not commented much in March."

"Hi John."

It is OK! We had February! And it was a blast!

• @mikeskliar  Mar 16

ha, @johnstaples - that's about accurate! and thanks to all who checked in here 😀

• @zecoop  Mar 16

I've been listening and commenting quite a bit, but it does seem to be going tumbleweeds pretty quickly. I took some time to remix all my songs and get them up on a Bandcamp album, but it doesn't really count as the March production challenge, since I work as I go and post fully produced songs. Anyway, here it is and I think it's pretty much complete (except for the mixing I'll still do, I'm sure, lol)
    http://bit.ly/2FWRezQ

I'm still listening to people I know are here. (as well as some others) 😀

• @metalfoot  Mar 16

I keep on listening through the end of March, at least, and hopefully folks will see the comments when they archive next January if they don't see them now!

• @ballyhoot  Mar 16

I’m still here and listening and commenting. I do about 5-10 at a time and then have to wait several more days before I find the time again . Planning to keep on like this at least to the end of March. I’m mostly trying to practice 3 or 4 of my songs every day so I can play them on stage for the upcoming Texas FOP in Austin. I’m not much of a live performer but last year’s FOP wasn’t a disaster so I feel a little more confident this time around.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...