Two weeks later - who's still here?

Skip to the bottom

• @chipwithrow  Mar 14

All right, I'll do it again ...
    Here's the latest check-in thread!
    I'm here, and commenting through the weekend and maybe beyond. Tomorrow is the start of my favorite sporting event - the NCAA basketball tournament! 48 games in 4 days - I can watch a little, listen a little, watch a lot, listen a lot ...
    Who else is sticking around?

• @pipewrench67  Mar 14

In and out, diminishing. Trying to get to my watchlist (like 980 songs).
    I doubt if I get to all, but will try to get to a couple on each.
    Working on charting tunes and rearranging and remixing. Bringing FAWM output to band (first 4 tracks have been rehearsed , thumbs up on all 4, so that's cool, everybody's in)

• @bethdesombre  Mar 14

Me! It's been a crazy couple of weeks, but I'm still checking and still listening.

• @zecoop  Mar 14

Still here... Listening and commenting. Just got done remixing all my 2018 stuff and releasing it all on Bandcamp. So now I'm back here for a while. πŸ˜€

• @quork  Mar 14

I'm here, still trying to listen and comment on at least one song from everyone who recorded at least one. I figure I'm close to a quarter of the way through.

• @jwhanberry  Mar 14

I'm keeping an eye out. Mostly trying to bring a few demos to full production.

• @boyatheart  Mar 14

Check in once a day in general for the rest of March most likely.

• @vomvorton  Mar 14

Still here! Was away over the weekend but have been doing a little more listening and commenting today.

• @sherrycanary  Mar 14

Yes

• @persaab Mar 14

Im gone but keep coming back.

• @metalfoot  Mar 14

I'm still here. Still slowly working away at listening to stuff on my watchlist and as recommended by others...

• @tcelliott  Mar 14

Checking in daily...

• @johnstaples  Mar 14

I'm here trying to repay my recent comments. There truly is some great music here!

• @cynthiawolff  Mar 14

Yes...

• @billwhite51 Mar 14

im still here, but after receving only three responses to over 30 comments, I am no longer initiating, but always responding..

• @chipwithrow  Mar 14

Great! Good to see you all are still at the party!
    @billwhite51 - Are you commenting on people who are still active in forum threads? That's all I'm doing now.

• @wacha  Mar 14

I am still here, listening, commenting and responding. I'll be here for a while, I'm trying to get through my watch list.

• @sci Mar 14

funny that I'm recognizing all of these names.

The Dedicated. o7

In my case I refuse to stop checking the site until I've listened to Every Single Song On My List.
    I allocated at least an hour each day to listening, though I've found that I don't have much to say, and thus don't comment very often...

• @scottlake  Mar 14

I'll be here probably too long.

• @fuzzy  Mar 14

Yup, still checking in every day on the Forums, and trying to do a bit of listening, as well.

• @barrygoldman  Mar 14

I'm looking at the forum everyday but I haven't listened to anything in a bit. When I get a good time I'd like to go around to all yer profiles and check things out.

• @siebass  Mar 14

Checking in from time to time, but not as much as in Feb.

• @tseaver  Mar 14

I'm around, a bit, but not working hard to listen to more songs. Real Life stuff I successfully put off in February is claiming a lot of my time.

• @mauramer Mar 14

Hi hi! Still here, still (slowly) commenting.

• @cblack  Mar 14

Yep.

• @driftwood1  Mar 14

I keep popping in out of habit at this point. Guess I'll keep on til there's nothing interesting left to see.

• @billwhite51 Mar 15

@chipwithrow i have only been commenting on people who are active in this particular thread....but have received very little response to the comments made.

• @jmadison  Mar 15

I keep coming back. Did some more listening and commenting last night. Not sure how long I'll be checking in, but I'm sure it will slowly become longer and longer intervals at this point.

• @tsunamidaily Mar 15

me.

• @kahlo2013  Mar 15

Yep. Here! πŸ‘πŸΌ

• @audrey  Mar 15

Still here, but not as active.Slowly trying to listen to songs of those left who I haven't heard yet, but I"m down to two about 2 songs a day now.

• @iveg Mar 15

I'm more looking at forum posts. Still a little reviewing.

• @ampersandman  Mar 15

Still trying to catch up with my commenting. Thanks to all.

• @dutch1967 Mar 15

off and on I'm still here. Been racing to get my EP out, now that it's in the world and out of my immediate control I can do more listening on here. life was so simple in febbary...

• @fonte  Mar 15

I'm still here still listening and commenting and still discovering great music and songs that I didn't come accross in Feb.

• @adforperu  Mar 15

I've not been here as much as I'd hoped, been quite busy, and am until next week now.. a few more listens and then I'm done I reckon. Thanks to those still commenting!

• @kevinemmrich  Mar 15

I've gotten to 400 comments and I am close to shutting it all down. Thanks and appreciation to all the wonderful fawmers who took the time and effort to listen to my songs and comment (and even those that didn't -- ha, ha). You all make FAWM a great place to hang out for a couple months out of the year!

• @the3queens  Mar 15

checking in...

• @majordanby  Mar 15

Yep, here still but it’s definitely got tumbleweed. I’m glad some people are still chipping away. I’m so close to 300 I might get a few more done and then call it a day. It’s been a good FAWM again this year

• @rickamorphis  Mar 15

Yeah still here and listening...

• @joshlevitre  Mar 15

I'm back, and I'll be listening to people's songs on this thread

• @tiller2  Mar 15

I'm back, to remedy a pause in listening last week (I had an event). Will also focus on those in this thread, plus some paybacks.

• @letyourhairdown Mar 15

Still here... πŸ˜€

• @headfirstonly  Mar 15

Still listening, still commenting, still finding more cool stuff!

• @mkd  Mar 15

Not so much now I’m afraid. I am still checking in every other day, but other life also taking over a bit unfortunately...

• @tseaver  Mar 15

I queued up a list of ~50 songs to listen to / comment on, based on the FAWMers who had commented on mine -- I'll be working through those tonight, which should put my comment total up around 700.

• @tamsnumber4 Mar 15

Here, but haven't had a chance to listen last week between working on music, snow storms and both kids have concerts coming up...but will try harder...

• @kovbleu  Mar 15

Still checking in.....

• @standup  Mar 15

Still here, kind of.

• @hummingbear Mar 15

Popping in from time to time.

• @quork  Mar 15

@chipwithrow
    From your experience is this a typical trajectory? A couple of hundred people after the first week, 50 or 60 after week two? When do you think it will be crickets and dust motes?

• @zoom  Mar 15

I'm here πŸ˜€
    I'm still working on making the demo for songs that just had lyrics by the end of febuary.
    Uploaded this one tonite ;

http://fawm.org/songs/86946/

• @julesbf Mar 15

Still here and commenting although the return comments have slimmed down a fair bit. Still enjoying the amazing array of music that has been produced.

• @cynthiawolff  Mar 15

@quork...well you can stay as long as you like but you may never leave.

• @quork  Mar 15

So long as nobody starts stabbing anything with their steely knives. Now I've got that crazy guitar solo running through my head...which isn't a bad thing.

• @silvermachine  Mar 16

I'm finding it hard to leave completely.

• @eargoggle  Mar 16

Yeah I’m still checking stuff out

• @mattfoole Mar 16

Still here!

• @bachelorb  Mar 16

I'm here and listening, but not commenting.... its just great to listen..... mornings mostly because I'm watching most of @chipwithrow 's 48 games starting around noon..... its a good time to be alive.......

• @mikeskliar  Mar 16

just started a thread about thoughts about being here/not being here, etc.... but yes, im still, kind of , here!

• @chipwithrow  Mar 16

@quork - Regarding your question about the "typical trajectory:"
    Last year, I left on March 30 for 12 days of yoga study. I knew the place I was going would have limited internet access. But I'm pretty sure I was checking in daily and offering a few comments (to others who were still around) right up until March 29.
    That's key for me - if I'm going to comment, it's going to be for someone who I'm pretty sure will see it. And yes, that means I miss some good music by other less active FAWMers. I'm OK with that. The people in this thread are enough to keep my ears busy and happy.

• @infilktion Mar 17

Still here: listening, commenting, and return commenting! πŸ˜€

• @edwardsmusic Mar 17

Of course I'm still here. I need to focus on recording some of my tracks, as well as commenting on other users' tracks.

• @lemonstar Mar 17

I still have some artists I want to drop some comments on - at least 2 of the posters in this thread.

• @sunnymae  Mar 17

Checking in here and there listening to some of my watch list. Starting to focus more on edits and rewrites at this point.

• @silvermachine  Mar 17

Still trying to find the door out.

• @musicsongwriter Mar 17

Yes, here.

• @tunecat  Mar 17

I pop back once in a while. I haven't finished my three placeholders: but life has got in the way of songwriting since 28th Feb. Also - anyone have any ideas about what to do with all that output?

• @metalfoot  Mar 18

@tunecat There is an 'album production challenge' group on FB which is challenging FAWMers to collect/collate/fix up and produce an album by the end of April. Otherwise, you can go back through what you made and see what you think you like/want to do more with. That's what I'll be doing.

• @rustyp  Mar 18

Eh, I'm here once or twice a day. πŸ˜€

• @karlsburg25  Mar 18

Back home tomorrow for proper listening cst h up . Cannot wait

• @bking  Mar 18

Still here, bouncing in and out as time permits.

• @writeandwrong  Mar 18

Here bouncing but haven't had a lot of listening/commenting time. Will be doing more sooooon πŸ˜€

• @ballyhoot  Mar 19

I’m still here and still trying to listen to songs and offer comments. Probably will keep doing so until the end of March .

• @rainchaser  Mar 20

Still here trying to update my demo. Didn't realized how bad it was! But other than that, listening and commenting, whenever I have time. I've discovered so many good songs this March, and looking at a lot of FAWMers song count puts me to shame compared to my song count! 😞 I wish I should've concentrated on my output a lot!!

• @resonut123 Mar 20

Here (and there)

• @leepat  Mar 20

still here!

• @lemonstar Mar 20

Still clicking the Play Random Song button...

• @kevinemmrich  Mar 20

I am trying not to be here! But I still check in a couple of times a day. Someone commented on my tune, so I gladly checked out theirs. ... and it was someone I had not visited this fawm and it was a wonderful tune!

• @zoom  Mar 20

Still here... still making noise πŸ˜€ haha. uploading the demoes one after another.

• @chipwithrow  Mar 20

It is almost time for a "three weeks later" thread, and it looks like there's still some life around here. I'm closing in on 400 comments given, and it's good to know that my comments are being seen.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...