Interesting In Donating a Track?

Skip to the bottom

• @wacha  Mar 14

Each year I put together a compilation which is sold and the money is donated to the Lupus Research Alliance through a walk-a-thon team I put together.

In the past I have done a physical CD but in the interest of cutting costs and being able to include more artists, I am keeping it strictly as a digital compilation that will be sold through bandcamp. The link for the compilations is https://rockthelup.bandcamp.com/

If you are interested please let me know, I'd prefer the track be previously unreleased anywhere since that exclusivity will help sell downloads. Due to rights issues, I can't include any covers. I will include liner notes with a link to your preferred site (social media or actual website).

You can email me directly at wachacatherine@gmail.com if you are interested or have any questions.

Edit: This will be released in late May / early June.

• @fuzzy  Mar 14

Yes ma'am, I'll gladly donate a track, but most of my stuff is experimental weirdo music and so I'm not sure how appropriate it might be for a compilation. 😞

• @wacha  Mar 14

@fuzzy I am open to all genres of music, I would love to have one of your tracks!

• @tcelliott  Mar 14

I'll offer up something.

• @wacha  Mar 14

@tcelliott Thanks, I'd love yo have something from you!

• @quork  Mar 14

@wacha
    You're welcome to use this one if you'd like. http://fawm.org/songs/79467/

• @wacha  Mar 14

@quork Thanks, I love it! I downloaded it so I have that, can you either let me know here or shoot me an email to catherinewacha@yahoo.com so I can properly credit you and put where people can find your music in with the liner notes?

Thanks Again!

• @quork  Mar 14

@wacha
    I sent you an email with details but didn't include a link. Here it is. https://soundcloud.com/user-471608915

• @pipewrench67  Mar 14

Are you looking for something complete and Mastered or will you be having the whole thing mastered?

• @persaab Mar 14

If you find any of my fawm songs interesting enough. 😏

• @wacha  Mar 14

@pipewrench67 - I adjust the audio levels so they are all similar volumes but I don't master any of the tracks.

@persaab - I really like a few of your songs, and would be happy to have any of them. Can you please email me one of them at catherinewacha@yahoo.com? Please include a link to where people can find your music as well as how you would like to be credited.

@quork - I didn't get your email, I have the song. Can you please shoot me another email so I have all of your contact information to include along with the liner notes?

• @wacha  Mar 14

@fuzzy - Let me know if you have one track in particular that you would like to donate.

• @wacha  Mar 14

@tcelliott when you get a chance please email me at catherinewacha@yahoo.com with the track as well as how you want to be credited and where people can find your music. Thanks!

• @dragondreams  Mar 14

I'd like to offer up this one: http://fawm.org/songs/80470/
    I didn't like it at first, but having sat down a few times to attempt to redo the guitar work, I've kinda fallen in love with it. I'd be delighted if it went to a good cause. 😀

• @fuzzy  Mar 14

Give this a listen; http://fawm.org/songs/85533/
    If you think it's appropriate, I'll drop you an email.

• @wacha  Mar 14

@quork - No luck, can you try wachacatherine@gmail.com?

@dragondreams - I like your song a lot, I downloaded the file. Can you please shoot me an email to wachacatherine@gmail.com with your information so I can credit you properly, let people know where to hear your music and let you know when it is released? Thanks!

@fuzzy -Yes, I like that one a lot, I downloaded it. Can you please shoot me an email to wachacatherine@gmail.com with your information so I can credit you properly, let people know where to hear your music and let you know when it is released? Thanks!

• @tcelliott  Mar 14

I'll have to select a track. Is there a due date? I'm probably gonna have to do a quick remix and self master.

Any particular style you're looking for?

• @wacha  Mar 14

@tcelliott I need the tracks by mid to late April. I am open to pretty much anything. This is the first time I've asked for folks outside of my local area. My local artists tend to give me more singer-songwriter stuff but I welcome any genre.

• @siebass  Mar 14

@wacha does it need to be from this year? Is it a limited use license? If the answers are "No" and "Yes", then I have a track I'd like to send you from last year that might be fitting.

• @jamkar  Mar 14

I would like to submit this track. http://fawm.org/songs/81062/
    Email is in route with my particulars.

• @wacha  Mar 14

@siebass No, the song doesn't have to be from this year. I prefer it be previously unreleased (that is not for sale as anywhere as of now and maybe for a few months after the compilation is released).

I have never been asked about the limited use license before but I believe the answer is yes. I would include the song on the bandcamp compilation, you are credited as the owner and holder of the copyright when I add the song.

• @tcelliott  Mar 14

I have a song I submitted to Songfight! last year that I think would be cool. A little more ambient than my usual stuff. It's not for sale anywhere, but it was linked on the songfight website for 10 days and is in their archive. Would that be a problem?

• @scottlake  Mar 15

This is right up my alley. I’m kind of dull as it pertains to releasing my music. Last year I joined BMI, how would that affect things, if at all?

• @johnstaples  Mar 15

Hi @wacha

You said "I'd prefer the track be previously unreleased anywhere since that exclusivity will help sell downloads"

Would a track posted publicly on FAWM count as previously unreleased? How about posted publicly on a site like SoundCloud but not officially released/offered for sale?

And precisely what do you mean by "exclusivity"? You seek publication rights? Some other sort of exclusive arrangement?

I've donated tracks before to charitable causes and usually grant non-exclusive rights to use and sell the song. This leaves me with full ownership and all rights to do whatever I want with the song too.

• @wacha  Mar 15

@tcelliott have been posted on another site is fine, I try to get songs that are currently for sale anywhere.

@davidhendricks I love all 3 of these but I think "La Jolla To Leo Carillo" is my favorite. I'd love to include it, I downloaded the song directly from your soundcloud page can you please shoot me an email at wachacatherine@gmail.com?

Please include:
    How you would like the song to be credited
    If the song is for sale anywhere else
    A link to where people can find your music

@scottlake Being a member of BMI would not affect things. I can include that you are part of BMI in the liner notes.

@johnstaples If the song was posted publicly on FAWM I would still consider it previously unreleased since. By exclusivity, I just mean that it either hasn't been released yet or you aren't planning on releasing it in the next few months. It's really a loose agreement, I take no rights over your work. I'll be promoting the compilation and hope others involved will as well. Having your tr

• @helenseviltwin  Mar 15

Happy to donate a track. Let me know what sort of thing you want and/or if there's any of my tracks you'd particularly like and I can do proper recordings.

• @persaab Mar 15

@wacha im tomorrow home. I’ll send you a mail then.

• @wacha  Mar 15

@helenseviltwin I am open to anything, I honestly love all of your music so anything you would want to donate would be very welcome.

I end up with everything from traditional folk music, to hard rock to electronic and everything in between

• @helenseviltwin  Mar 15

@wacha - ok - I shall polish something up and send it across.

• @johnstaples  Mar 15

@wacha looks like FAWM cut off the rest of your post. 😞

• @wacha  Mar 15

Yes, it did. That's what I get for being so wordy.

@johnstaples If the song was posted publicly on FAWM I would still consider it previously unreleased since. By exclusivity, I just mean that it either hasn't been released yet or you aren't planning on releasing it in the next few months. It's really a loose agreement, I take no rights over your work. I'll be promoting the compilation and hope others involved will as well. Having your track only available on my Rock the LUP for a few months helps drive the sales and more money for the Lupus Research Alliance but I definitely am not looking to take any rights away from anyone who is donating their song.

• @barrygoldman  Mar 15

I can put down my track "Nuevo Dia". I will be using it on my upcoming album. It's on Soundcloud and will be on Bandcamp whenever I'm done my next album. At the moment it's sort of unreleased...I don't have anything else to put down, and I'd like to use something so it's up to you on this.

I'm not sure my music, in terms of recording quality and all would fit well however. But I offer it anyway.
    https://soundcloud.com/barrygoldmanof...

• @rickamorphis  Mar 15

Hi @wacha ...I'd be happy to donate either of these 2...I have no plans to release either any time soon... http://fawm.org/songs/89051/
    http://fawm.org/songs/84989/

• @sailingmagpie  Mar 15

I'd be happy to donate a track. Might need to do some tidying up and polishing before it's ready for release though.

• @siebass  Mar 15

@wacha The song I was thinking of is this one; it is available on my bandcamp and has been for a while, however I still think you may want to include it. Let me know either way. Link is here: https://siebass.bandcamp.com/track/i-...

• @johnstaples  Mar 16

@wacha thanks for reposting! I'd be happy to donate a track. I'll go through them and send you one asap!

• @iveg Mar 16

@wacha See if this might work for you...
    https://soundcloud.com/iveg-630439597...

• @wacha  Mar 16

@iveg - Yes, this song is great!

Can you please shoot me an email at wachacatherine@gmail.com?

Please include:

• @wacha  Mar 16

@johnstaples That would be great, thanks!

• @wacha  Mar 16

@siebass I would love to include "I am thinking of you"

Please include:
    The song file or google/dropbox download link

• @wacha  Mar 16

@sailingmagpie No problem, I'm looking to have the tracks by mid to late April so I can get the compilation out in late May.early June. When you have the track ready please shoot me an email at wachacatherine@gmail.com?

Please include:

• @wacha  Mar 16

@rickamorphis I like them both a lot but will take "The Mighty Have Fallen (And They Can't Get Up)". I downloaded the MP3 from here but when you get a chance can you please shoot me an email at wachacatherine@gmail.com?

Please include:

Thanks!

• @wacha  Mar 16

@barrygoldman "Nuevo Dia" is great!

Please include:

• @fuzzy  Mar 16

Hey @wacha, when is this going to be released?

• @wacha  Mar 16

@fuzzy It will be released late May / early June. I will send you an email with the link once it has been released.

• @musicsongwriter Mar 16

I can send you a piano piece I've just recorded if acoustic piano is okay for you?

• @musicsongwriter Mar 16

Just emailed you with the same question. Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Nadia

• @johnstaples  Mar 16

@wacha I looked for something mostly finished and also unreleased and came up with this one I wrote during 2017 50/90 if you are interested. It has been played on a couple of radio stations, one in Canada and one in Ireland but I have not yet officially released or promoted it so it is essentially unreleased!

Hold On (With Every Thing You've Got)
    http://fiftyninety.fawmers.org/song/2...

Also I checked out your 2017 Rock the LUP Volume VIII and you have some really nice music assembled there! I listened to several songs and really liked your Mandy Lane!

• @wacha  Mar 19

@johnstaples - The link brings me to a page but the song is not there. Can you please email the track to wachacatherine@gmail.com?

Please include:

Thanks, I have always been lucky and have been able to get the best local artists for my compilation, I'm really excited to be able to open it up to even more great artists.

Thank you for your kind words on "Mandy Lane", that was the first song I recorded myself and I was pretty happy with how it turned out.

• @wacha  Mar 19

@musicsongwriter acoustic piano would be great, I love having the most diverse music possible.

• @johnstaples  Mar 19

@wacha looks like FAWM broke the link...here it is again,

https://goo.gl/NtXnN4

• @wacha  Mar 19

@johnstaples I was able to download it and love it! When you get a chance please soot me an email to wachacatherine@gmail.com, please include:

• @musicsongwriter Mar 19

Hi Catherine, I'm sending you my music via your email, as it's wav file it's uploading via google drive. Please let me know if you received it safely and whether my music is okay for your project. Thank you for this opportunity.
    Nadia

• @rustyp  Mar 19

Hi @wacha  If I donate a track, does that keep me from releasing it on a project of my own in the future?

• @wacha  Mar 20

@rustyp Not at all, I just ask that you don't release for a few months to help drive sales. Your fans are more likely to buy the compilation if they are getting a song of yours that they can't currently get anywhere else.

• @zoom  Mar 20

I can donate !
    Just not sure any of my stuff is good enough 😀

• @wacha  Mar 21

@zoom , your stuff is great. I'd love to have one your songs. When you get a chance please email the track to wachacatherine@gmail.com?

Please include:

Thanks!

• @eargoggle  Mar 21

Hey this sounds like a great cause and if you're interested in any of mine from this year I'm into it.

• @cts  Mar 21

I, too, can donate something if you haven't reached capacity yet.

• @rustyp  Mar 21

Hi @wacha  What's your deadline?

😀

• @wacha  Mar 22

@eargoggle I've listened to several of you songs and really like them, I'd love to have one your songs. If you have one in mind you would like me to use please email the track to wachacatherine@gmail.com?

Please include:

Thank you!

• @wacha  Mar 22

@cts I have plenty of room, I've checked out several of you songs and really like them, I'd love to have one your songs. If you have one in mind you would like me to use please email the track to wachacatherine@gmail.com?

Please include:

Thank you!

• @wacha  Mar 22

@rustyp I am looking to have the songs by the end of April so I can get the compilation released in late May / early June.

• @pbtaylorjr  Mar 22

I would like to contribute if you still have room. I will write a brand new song so it can be the most exclusive kind of exclusive.

• @wacha  Mar 22

@pbtaylorjr I have plenty of room, I'd love to have one your songs. I am looking to have all the songs by the end of April. When you have the song done please send it to wachacatherine@gmail.com?

Please include:

Thank you so much!

• @leepat  Apr 4

hi @wacha i have a song i can donate too, if you like... it's called sundrown.

• @wacha  Apr 4

@leepat I'd love to have that one! when you get a chance please send an email to wachacatherine@gmail.com?

Please include:

Thank you!

• @tunecat  Apr 7

I am happy to donate a song too (though I also did mostly experimantal spoken word weirdness this FAWM) . I'm thinking the best one might be the one we did as a three way collab with Klaus mixing/mastering and vocals and another FAWMER writing the lyrics - as the production is pretty good . I'll see if I can find it and send.

• @tunecat  Apr 7

This one http://fawm.org/songs/87390/ (obv. only with permission from the other two people involved)

• @coolparadiso  Apr 8

Im am pretty sure i have a really good collab one for you - just checking with partner in crime

• @wimx52 Apr 9

Hi there. I'm happy for you to use "School Days Are Over" if you want. I'm still on the lookout for a vocalist to add vocals so in my eyes it's still incomplete but you're welcome to use in its current state.

• @coolparadiso  Apr 9

Sent you an email. Krayzie and I are in.

• @jonmeta  Apr 9

Definitely. A couple of my friends have Lupus and I’m glad to help. If you still need tracks, the best for this is probably “Strada Alta”. It’s upbeat and quite silly. It’s not been released anywhere, nor is it likely to be. I’m BMI.
    http://fawm.org/songs/86880/

• @wacha  Apr 9

@tunecat , I'd love to include "Shadows are Coming featuring" when you get a chance please send me an email to wachacatherine@gmail.com?

Please include:

• @wacha  Apr 9

@wimx52 I'd love to include "School Days Are Over", when you get a chance please send me an email to wachacatherine@gmail.com?

Please include:

• @wacha  Apr 9

@coolparadiso I got your email and answered, thanks!

• @wacha  Apr 9

@jonmeta "Strada Alta" is awesome, I'd love to include it. When you get a chance please send me an email to wachacatherine@gmail.com?

Please include:

• @musicsongwriter Jun 4

Thank you Catherine for publishing Rock the LUP Volume IX. It was amazing to take part in your beautiful project.
    Here is the link: https://rockthelup.bandcamp.com/album...

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...