The ZONGS are truely ZONGS - and waiting - GO BUST THEM

Skip to the bottom

• @brrrse  Mar 4

If you were waiting for the smoke to clear - it's clear

Not seeing any placeholders. Go Go Go

• @fuzzy  Mar 4

Just busted one. πŸ˜‰

• @barbara  Mar 4

Me too! The count is 322 at the moment. Let's watch it drop!

• @snoozin  Mar 4

Get 'ZONGing" There is some brilliant songwriting out there!

• @davidbreslin101  Mar 4

Think I've recovered enough from last week, so I'm diving in. I'll see what's cooking around pages 8-10 of "Zongs."

• @kahlo2013  Mar 4

Just found some great zongs to bust - 175 busted zongs now and aiming for more!

• @barbara  Mar 4

272 remaining... 50 less than there were 6 hours ago!

• @pipewrench67  Mar 4

Don't now how everybody missed this.
    Go listen now beautifully nuanced, subtle beyond belief.
    http://fawm.org/songs/88035/

• @barbara  Mar 4

252!!

• @tamsnumber4 Mar 5

234. I have found some AWESOME lyrics, it is a shame that more people didn't read some of these, there are some amazing creations out there to discover!!

• @tamsnumber4 Mar 5

193!!

• @rainchaser  Mar 5

I feel guilty for skipping the lyrics zongs. I'm just not good at deciphering whether a lyric is good or not. I'm more of a music guy, so I'm sorry for skipping the lyric zongs, it's just beyond my knowledge of music.

• @tamsnumber4 Mar 5

166 No worries @rainchaser there are others listening and reading, it is just great that you are out there listening!!

• @ianuarius  Mar 5

I'm seeing quite a few placeholders. When is it time to either shit or get off the pot, so to speak?

• @barbara  Mar 5

96!
    There are lyrics that will take you places...

• @mkd  Mar 5

Yes @barbara... this from @blackrose1313 felt particularly poignant on a two-week old zong:

β€œIf you can see the spell
    Something that's beautiful
    That might not find another day
    Please keep the spell from fading”

• @zecoop  Mar 5

@ianuarius - I know there's one on mine, but Liz had to go out on tour and couldn't get the demo finished before she left. She has the song figured out and just needs to record it, from what I understand. The life of an actual pro musician. (I can't imagine) πŸ˜€

• @tamsnumber4 Mar 5

86 and still finding some great stuff!!

• @ianuarius  Mar 5

@zecoop Yeah, I can understand that and I figured that maybe there are a few legit ones. But 66? I don't know about that. Some people have like close to ten.

• @tamsnumber4 Mar 5

I think SOME place holders are knee jerk reactions by some who either don't want FAWM to end, thought they would do more or just want to stay connected. If there are no rules to creating placeholders and if finishing them has no reward or consequence then there is a chance many of them may sit undone?

• @hummingbear Mar 5

Yes, there are still actual songs and lyrics out there on the zong list. Here's a fun one I just found: http://fawm.org/songs/87525/

It's not just placeholders. I like the camaraderie (like the Marines) of "no zong left behind."

• @barbara  Mar 6

51 left!
    Dilemma: would you bust a zong that might yet get a demo? Dezonging sort of means it comes "off the market". But then again, watch listers will check you out no matter what. I do hate to take away someone's chance of getting a full listen, rather than a read...
    Nevertheless, just read another lyric that moved my insides.

• @brrrse  Mar 6

@barbara my thoughts on busting a zong that may get a demo - if the writer intends to do a demo in March, I'd think they'd put that in the liner notes or they could respond to your comment and let you know - or post it in the updated demo thread. And if they aren't going to update the demo - they probably won't be back to see the comment for a while anyway - and it will be a nice surprise πŸ˜€ I am going back and writing in my liner notes my intentions for my songs after FAWM to help commenters πŸ˜€

• @rainchaser  Mar 6

I busted 50 zongs thus far now we're at 49!

• @barbara  Mar 6

Good thoughts, @brrrse; thanks for responding.

• @rainchaser  Mar 6

I realized that some of them aren't place holders but rather different links to the same song that has comments! So i don't think it's quite possible to bust those since they provide the link to the original source material that contains comments.

• @kovbleu  Mar 6

Only 26 Zongs left!

• @kevinemmrich  Mar 6

Well I have taken a week off from fawm, so I plan to get back to commenting very soon. I will leave the zongs to you zongAmpions, though.

• @tamsnumber4 Mar 6

7 left folks, but I have go make dinner now....

• @timfatchen  Mar 6

Well done, people!!

• @benjo  Mar 6

Just busted the last of the zongs
    i must admit i dont like getting comments unless they are true
    but it is nice not to have zongs
    take care all i'll be in and out now for a while still looking to collab
    if anyone checks my lyrics out just let me know

• @quork  Mar 6

Congratulations, Zongbusters!

• @darcistrutt  Mar 7

I got 28 and thought I’d jump in to make it an even 30 but you guys cleared them. Well done!

• @standup  Mar 7

Thanks, y'all. I did what I could, but ran out of Zong steam yesterday. Good job getting that done. Now I can reciprocate the last few comments...

• @rainchaser  Mar 7

Good job, guys. It was fun!

• @sapient  Mar 7

One more appealing appeared this morning as some favourite FAWMers of mine unlocked a collab.
    Duly busted!

• @aprilm  Mar 8

Just busted the last zong that was waiting to be heard. πŸ˜€ Until people unlock the songs they have place-marked anyway.

• @sherrycanary  Mar 9

Who wants to bust my zong?
    I just unlocked it
    http://fawm.org/songs/87246/

• @davidbreslin101  Mar 9

"Zongs (zero comment songs) 0-0 of 0. Sorry! No songs to display here yet." Woooooooooo!!

• @kahlo2013  Mar 10

Awesome!!!

• @sph  Mar 10

Here's my last tune for this year. Not really a song but an instrumental build around a bass loop.
    http://fawm.org/songs/88833/

• @kraftec Mar 10

All zongs have officially been busted.

• @fourtracktape Mar 11

After getting delayed by the postal service coming from the UK to the US... the LAST 4-track cassette is now posted!! It's a little celebration dance song for our 4-track FAWM over.

Take a listen. πŸ˜€

A Good Day 2 Live Life
    http://fawm.org/songs/88113/

**Tape 8**
    Track 1: @marvsmooth
    Track 2: @fourzeroes
    Track 3: @vomvorton
    Track 4: @cts

• @metalfoot  Mar 11

And a late collab with @kaylagonzalez120 just got posted over here...
    http://fawm.org/songs/87645/

• @ampersandman  Mar 12

http://fawm.org/songs/87517/ - Another zong added 😁

• @bradbrubaker  Mar 12

I busted 100 zongs exactly.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...