Album swap anyone?

Skip to the bottom

• @bootlegger Mar 2

Anyone who will be around for March listenijg/commenting interested in doing a full album swap? I know that can be a lot to dedicate to a single fawmer but I really do enjoy listening to entire albums and would be interested in a deep dive into someone else's work if someone wanted to do the same. Let me know here or on my soundboard! I have a decent amount of downtime at work that would allow me to get some listening done.

• @sapient  Mar 2

Yes!
    For me, this sort of "deep listening" is something I really like doing in March šŸ˜€
    And I would say, in the interests of fairness, the commitment is to listen to an equal number of songs... I'll go thru yours later today, @bootlegger. In return you can pick 14 of mine. Unless you want to listen to all 24!
    Deal?

Who else is up for this?

• @bootlegger Mar 2

@sapient good deal! I'll work though yours later today!

• @coolparadiso  Mar 2

If you would like im happy to do this. In fairness i have been very productive so here are my 14 i had already chosen as an album
    Song numbers are.....
    4,11,13,14,15,18,25,26,40,44,49,50,53,54. A number are collaborations at this stage, may not all be by the time we do the album. Let us know if you are cool with that and i will start listening.

• @sapient  Mar 2

@coolparadiso I'm in! And appreciate the song numbers... Let's start with them šŸ˜ƒ

• @coolparadiso  Mar 2

Great swap @sapient really enjoyed it!

• @bootlegger Mar 2

@coolparadiso i am down for a swap. I'll get started on yours today during work!

• @musicsongwriter Mar 2

I'd like to join you but my album might be a bit too heavy for some listeners so it comes with the warning which is reflected in its title:
    https://nadiacripps.bandcamp.com/albu...
    Nadia

• @bootlegger Mar 2

@musicsongwriter i am fully prepared to handle the heaviness of your album and definitely down for a swap.

• @musicsongwriter Mar 2

Thank you, I just thought I should warn you as many people prefer happy, uplifting, positive songs which I actually was intending to create but didn't manage to this time around. I blame it on papers...
    Sorry, meant to say that the link is on Bandcamp as I was posting here via Bandcamp. All pieces were created during this FAWM.

• @sarahmonticue Mar 2

@bootlegger didn't even see you posted here! I just posted as well lol! Great idea! Glad you already asked! I would love to be part of this!

• @coolparadiso  Mar 2

@musicsongwriter i will swap with you if you like? My album numbers are.
    4,11,13,14,15,18,25,26,40,44,49,50,53,54. A number are collaborations at this stage, may not all be by the time we do the album. Just let me know

• @sapient  Mar 2

Hurrah! Two more to listen to! I'll visit yours @musicsongwriter and @sarahmonticue in the next few days šŸ˜€
    If you don't want to go thru all 24 of mine then I'm very happy for you to either pick 14 at random, or ask me which i would suggest šŸ˜€

• @barrygoldman  Mar 2

Nevermind...:/

• @zecoop  Mar 2

I'm down with this... I'm out tonight, but should have time this weekend and always have time at work, listening as I work at my desk. I've got 21 so you can look at tags and/or collaborators that sound interesting to narrow it down if you want. Anyone who listens to mine will get a return album listen. I love finding new music around here, and ones I haven't heard yet from folks I like already. šŸ˜€

• @coolparadiso  Mar 2

Im in @zecoop will take me a few hours to get there. My album numbers are....
    4,11,13,14,15,18,25,26,40,44,49,50,53,54. Looking forward to listening

• @musicsongwriter Mar 2

Thank you to everyone who is going to swap with me. Please forgive me, I need time and I tend to listen to a couple songs at a time and come back later. I promise to listen to each song from start to finish but my comments aren't great, I'm not always finding the right words to express my thoughts so please bear with me.
    Thank you again,
    Nadia

• @sapient  Mar 2

@zecoop heck yes! Let's do this! šŸ˜

@musicsongwriter don't worry... it's not a race šŸ˜‰

• @fonte  Mar 2

Hi all I'd be happy to swap for a couple of 'deep listens'. Great idea as I have felt a few times that just dipping in and out for a track or two I am not getting the depth or breath of what people have to offer. So would love to do this and be appreciative of the return service šŸ˜‰ only caveat for me is it might be 'some time in March' as opposed to the next day or two.

• @kenficara  Mar 2

I do like listening to whole albums and Iā€™m easy since it turned out to be February EP Writing Month for me.

• @coolparadiso  Mar 3

@fonte happy to do an album swap. Let us know! As i have more than 14. These are the numbers for my album
    4,11,13,14,15,18,25,26,40,44,49,50,53,54. Looking forward to listening.

• @sapient  Mar 3

@fonte consider yourself on my list!
    And as I somehow managed 24 this year, feel free to pick 14 at random, or ask me for recommendations šŸ˜€

• @metalfoot  Mar 3

If anyone wants to listen to mine, just click on the tag #explodingteacups and that'll give you my 9 actual tracks. The rest are collabs, skirmishes, and filler. šŸ˜‰ I'll listen around later on. Busy day for me!

• @bootlegger Mar 4

@metalfoot im down.

• @tcelliott  Mar 4

I'm gonna hit some albums (actually already started sort of.) I don't require reciprocation, but appreciate it if it occurs.

Edit to add: If one were to reciprocate, I'd greatly appreciate if they'd hit the collaborations. Again, not needed, but appreciated.

• @musicsongwriter Mar 4

It takes me ages to listen to as I have commitements every day, Sunday included so please don't pick my album unless you are happy to wait for me to listen to yours. Thank you.
    Nadia

• @billwhite51 Mar 4

ill listen to and comment on your album if you take one of mine. i have two fro, this years fawm, the first is solo https://billwhite.bandcamp.com/album/... and the second is a collab with acousticmaddie https://billwhite.bandcamp.com/album/...

• @coolparadiso  Mar 4

I will swap @billwhite51 if you like. i am going to listen to yours anyway. My album is 4, 11,13,14,15,18,25,26,40,44,49,50,53,54. But you can listen to what you want.

• @ayehahmur  Mar 4

Missed this when it first appeared but if anyone is still doing this I'm up for listening to whole albums.

• @billwhite51 Mar 4

@coolparadiso is the album in the sequence listed above, being in numerical order, or do you have another sequence you would prefer the songs to be listened to in?

• @billwhite51 Mar 4

@coolparadiso is the album in the sequence listed above, being in numerical order, or do you have another sequence you would prefer the songs to be listened to in? im going to listen tonight and give your album a proper review, as i did in the days when i made a living doing that sort of thing. i hope you dont mind, ill post it on your soundboard, if that is ok with you.

• @coolparadiso  Mar 5

do yourself a favour guys - just go listen to @billwhite51 solo album Uncondtionally human as a share - In my opinion this guy is the real deal.

• @alamous Mar 5

For sure. But only if we're going to give some actual feedback instead of "I like this, this is really nice" šŸ˜€ And I don't mean that we need to be mean/disrespectful, but I think it might be good to hear what you/me would've done differently and what do we like and why.

• @sapient  Mar 5

Hey @alamous, I'm absolutely up for taking a listen to your songs with a view to giving comments like that!
    And in return, let me know if you want me to point out an equivalent number of songs of mine for you... Cos 24 vs 7 doesn't seem like a fair swap šŸ˜‰

• @torniojaws Mar 5

@alamous Well, the hard part is that there is a strong divide among the FAWMers on what is wanted from the comments. The other half want constructive critique so that they can improve their skills and songs. And the other group wants comments as an encouragement and a booster to create more songs, ie. they get more songs written than they would without comments.

And neither is wrong. I think we might want to have an extra tag like there is in DeviantArt (iirc): "Critique welcome/wanted", for when people look for improvement tips and ideas.

• @ayehahmur  Mar 5

Hi @alamous - I come from a pretty hard critique background and I'm both okay with and welcome constructive criticism. At this stage, with the songs written, I'm aware that in some cases I've pretty much dashed them out. Some might benefit from adding a verse, a chorus, a middle eight; others from taking something away; others still from a lyric tweak here and there, and I'd be interested in suggestions.
    Also, I've done all the demos as straight-and-dirty piano and vocal so I'd definitely welcome ideas about arrangements for Proper Recordings.
    As far as I'm concerned, it's all good.

• @alamous Mar 5

@Sapient sure! Hit me with your best shots šŸ˜

@torniojaws I know what you mean, but then again, constructive critique doesn't have to be a downer. I've left a bunch of comments saying something along "a fun thing to try would be to try and make the lead melody a bit higher in the choruses to create contrast"

And anyway, I wasn't trying to demand that everyone should be doing "constructive" critique. I'm just saying that I personally am not interested in exchanging pep talks šŸ˜

• @sapient  Mar 5

@alamous - fantastic!
    Then I'd offer up numbers 2, 7, 10, 15, 22, 23, 24, though if any of those really don't grab you, then I'm more than happy for you to pick others.
    Would love to hear what you think of them!

• @infilktion Mar 5

We finished 7 songs for our first FAWM. Critique/feedback is appreciated. I look forward to album deep dives with any of you!

• @driftwood1  Mar 5

I like this idea. I just unintentionally got sucked into @infilktion's album and really enjoyed my listens. I'll try to check out as many of you as I can this week.

• @silvermachine  Mar 5

I'd be keen to do more, I've already done @zecoop, but I gotta warn you my stuff's loud and experimental,
    If you want something different, that's ok, but if you want normal then forget it.
    So have a listen, if you wanna do it then let me know and I'll do 14 of yours.
    Oh yeah please start at number 1, through to 15 and miss out number 4 the collab.

• @zecoop  Mar 5

@silvermachine - "loud and experimental"... and really cool. You forgot that last bit. šŸ˜‰

• @coolparadiso  Mar 5

4,13,14,18,26,47and 54 @infilktion if you wish. I will do yours today. @driftwood1 i will have a go at yours shortly my album is
    4,6,13,14,18,26,35,40,44,45,47,49,50,54. But you can listen to what you want. Cheer j

• @silvermachine  Mar 5

@zecoop Hah, thanks man for correcting me. I owe you one.

• @sapient  Mar 5

I'll pay another visit to you, @silvermachine.... I loved the first few of yours that I heard! šŸ˜Ž

• @silvermachine  Mar 5

Hey @sapient I gotta warn you man, things got weird after you listened.
    Your comments must've deranged me, dude.
    I look forward to hearing your album.
    Yeah miss out number 4 the collab please.

• @infilktion Mar 5

@coolparadiso I will give yours a listen after I finish @driftwood1 's tonight. Thank you!

• @coolparadiso  Mar 6

Ok @infilktion im the same i listening to @driftwood1 at the moment.

• @roxya Mar 6

I would like to do a swap. This way I can "force" myself to listen and actually comment. I usually feel like I don't have much to offer by way of comments, but I'd like to learn. So whoever would be patient with me let me know and I will try my very best to give meaningful feedback.

• @sapient  Mar 6

@silvermachine - done!
    And for the rest of you, yeah, his health warning should be heeded, but it's a wild ride if you are up for it! Go listen šŸ˜

• @infilktion Mar 6

I enjoyed listening to @driftwood1 's album!

@roxya I would be happy to swap with you after I finish @coolparadiso 's album.

• @driftwood1  Mar 6

@roxya I just checked out one of your tunes and enjoyed my listen. I'll add you to my queue as well.

• @cnidaria  Mar 6

This is a great idea! Anyone want to do a swap with me? I will say that Iā€™d prefer someone who is interested in both giving and receiving some critical feedback.

• @berni1954  Mar 6

Great idea. I am up for that. But first I want to thank my collaborators by checking out everything they have contributed. And I have had a heavy week since FAWM - what with translations to handle and the death of a very good friend yesterday that has knocked me for six.

• @roxya Mar 7

@infilktion Thanks, will check yours out as well
    @driftwood1 Checking you out after I'm done with @infilktion

• @infilktion Mar 9

I've enjoyed listening to three albums so far! Would anyone else like to swap?

• @zecoop  Mar 9

I'm always up for more listening @infilktion I'll check out yours. Pick as many or few as you'd like. I try to tag them accurately. šŸ˜€

• @infilktion Mar 10

I've enjoyed listening to your music @zecoop . Thanks for swapping with me and commenting!

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...