Escape velocity... We can do it

Skip to the bottom

• @ductapeguy  Feb 28

According to @burrsettles, escape velocity is 11520 songs. https://slackprop.wordpress.com/2017/... We are currently over 10500 with 19 hours to go before the site closes. If we post 52 per hour till the site locks or each of the 2300+ active fawmers cranks out just one more we can do it. Go team. Sisk boom ba.

• @metalfoot  Feb 28

I'll contribute *at least* two more myself to the cause, Sean...

• @aaronnathans Feb 28

Has it ever happened before?

• @ericdistad  Feb 28

@aaronnathans - No, it hasn't. We've come close, but we've never passed the 11520 mark.

• @quork  Feb 28

I'm curious about the average song length of 3.5 minutes Burrsettles mentions. I gather that represents historical data. Most of the songs I've seen on here have been quite a bit less than that. Stil a fascinating concept, nonetheless.

• @fuzzy  Feb 28

...and quite a few songs that I've encountered this FAWM are well over 5 minutes. I'm sure it all evens out.

• @spinhead  Feb 28

Since @burrsettles is a data geek extraordinaire and tracks FAWMage extensively I suspect his estimate is purty durned close.

• @tcelliott  Feb 28

Admittedly, it's an estimation. Still cool to make it, though.

• @siebass  Feb 28

You obviously have not yet visited @yam655's 14 - 14 song albums page/challenge.

• @mardeycranbleson  Feb 28

This could actually be interesting . If we could get 50 people in this thread to pledge 20 1 minute songs we could do it.

Or yam655 can do 500 then we just need 10 each

• @siebass  Feb 28

Also I'll be hosting a last-last-minute skirmish tonight at 8 PM EST. I don't know if I'll be able to participate, but I'll post a topic and comment, maybe add a lyrics only. Getting pretty down-to-the-wire now, though.

Considering we got to roughly 10,500 songs in 27 days, getting an additional 1,000 songs in 18 hours seems like it would take a serious concerted effort. 50/90 let me sort Fawmers by # of songs; so @ductapeguy I have a feeling there are not 2,300 active fawmwers, probably closer to 200-400. Based on checking 50/90; out of 2,500 folks registered, only 242 posted at least 1 song. So we'd need about 4 songs each on a rough guess, (or just a normal day in the life of @metalfoot, @acousticmaddie, @kahlo2013 and some of the other most productive/prolific fawmers).

Still, it's certainly possible. Deadlines motivate πŸ˜€

• @siebass  Feb 28

at 10576 right now; 944 left to go.

• @ductapeguy  Feb 28

Almost 10600. 920 more in 15 hours is basically 1/min. Go Team.

• @tiller2  Feb 28

But no lowering standards, fellas πŸ˜‰

• @acousticmaddie  Feb 28

Haha πŸ˜€ Yeah ordinary day sleep, eat, compose-repeat

• @izaakalexander Feb 28

And this is the 14th FAWM... It would be so awesome to break the barrier this year. I'll be contributing two more songs! πŸ˜€

• @brrrse  Feb 28

I'm in. I'll give it my best.

I’ll do 19 if I can get 3 people to match me . I’ll even try to make all of them sound slightly different .

• @mikeskliar  Feb 28

speaking completely hypothetically, if one wanted to add some songs and have them be kind of 'quick one-off' songs (as time permits not much else) and not have them 'mess up' the 'more real' songs that one did...... i bet someone could create an alter ego account and post a few things there, under a different name.

ya think that's possible? asking for a friend ......

• @cynthiawolff  Feb 28

that sounds good

• @cynthiawolff  Feb 28

you all gonna post them here??

• @johnstaples  Feb 28

I love the idea of reaching FAWM escape velocity. I hate the idea of just gaming the system with songs you would not normally consider legit enough to post.

• @andygetch  Feb 28

setting aside the average song length debate, we are talking about a possible record number of songs are we not?

• @brrrse  Feb 28

@johnstaples some of us write quality lyrics in short amounts of time - that's not gaming the system, that's skill.

• @johnstaples  Feb 28

@brrrse reread my post and tell me where I suggested otherwise!

• @ductapeguy  Feb 28

802 songs needed: 13 hours = 62 songs per hour. 198 songs in the last 2 hours. We might just pull this off.

• @brrrse  Feb 28

@johnstaples wasn't firing at you, just offering another side πŸ˜€

• @oneslowtyper  Feb 28

Just curious, is day one the biggest single day production wise, or is it day 28, and what is that number?

• @mikeskliar  Feb 28

for what it's worth @johnstaples I wasn't talking about 'songs not legit enough to post', just songs that are more like feast/skirmish kind of songs, of which there are plenty now, of course- and some are great, of course.. πŸ˜€

• @johnstaples  Feb 28

@mikeskliar, wink wink nudge nudge 😁

• @mikeskliar  Feb 28

one day in the dim and distant future (or maybe in a few days when Fawm is over) more will be revealed .... πŸ˜€

• @yam655 Feb 28

@mardeycranbleson 19? Hmm... to be properly listed as tracks for FAWM, I'd need to post them individually instead of just a massive 19 song set... Yeah, I can do that. I think I'll round up to 20, though.

I'm looking at a 14 track album and a 6 track EP. Or maybe I'll do two more 14 track albums. I've not decided. I figure I can use my normal recording processes, then post them separately and link to Bandcamp tracks.

I am curious as to what my average song length is on FAWM. It's probably totally unreasonable... Hmm... by my estimate, my own song length average is around 17 minutes per posting.

Ah, well, 19 postings of 3 minute songs will shrink that down. Still, though, I've got to do my part for the community. <3

One of my albums is going to be "Escape Velocity." I need to decide on the name of the other one. I'm thinking "Community Spirit".

• @cynthiawolff  Feb 28

@mikeskliar you are the absolute wizard at fast quick writes...
    and such clever ones at that..
    I just listened to a bunch of your songs and you are amazing
    and your guitar skills aren't too shabby either...if anyone can do this i would put my money on you

• @wen  Feb 28

Alright, time to get that 14th one out!

• @spinhead  Mar 1

I did one more instrumental. Now I think I'm mental.

652 to go.

• @siebass  Mar 1

Keep an eye out for posts from Liarskmike, lol.

• @mikeskliar  Mar 1

good one @siebass ... but think more influenced by (insert a certain musical figure who started recording in the early 1960's) perhaps? πŸ˜€ (and a huge gold star to anyone who figures out the whole giant nefarious plan , which sadly I won't have time to fully execute, perhaps, tho its possible a good start has already been made, enough to unlock the 'key' of what it is, for those who get the reference...

• @nuerdetjuligen  Mar 1

sisk boom ba

• @spinhead  Mar 1

shhh . . . I’m in . . .

• @circle Mar 1

I'm working on one that I've been working on for a few days, but I could probably smash some terrible shite out afterwards to add to the count

• @siebass  Mar 1

Well, squeezed two more out with two last skirmishes, but I think I am putting my pen down. Great fawm all; good luck and godspeed for making it to the (FAWM)oon.

• @mikeskliar  Mar 1

about 500 songs to go.. can we do this?

• @quork  Mar 1

How much time left?

• @anothersideof Mar 1

about 8 hours, so we'd have to be posting about 60 songs an hour, or one song every minute....

• @quork  Mar 1

I made my contribution by adding 3 placeholder songs. Coincidentally I just hit 14. I think congratulations are in order.

• @sheilerk  Mar 1

I have a couple nearly finished. I figured I'd either finish them after Fawm or scrap them. If it would help launch us a little closer to fawm escape velocity, I guess I should just get busy and finish them tonight!

• @yam655 Mar 1

Okay. It has been done. Because of the 8pm skirmish, I went with that for the first album, then with "Escape Velocity" for the second. 28 new songs posted. This time with covers and BandCamp pages.

• @cairobraga Mar 1

Mr. @yam655 is going in for the KILL right now, yeah!

I just put up four real placeholders of song ideas I couldn't "materialise" but were definetely devised inside and because FAWM and will be developed in March.

• @standup  Mar 1

I did what I could. I put up one placeholder for a thing that's half written and half recorded. But it's late and I gotta work tomorrow.

• @mardeycranbleson  Mar 1

Well I just re-uploaded 11 songs that I didn't like and deleted...anything for a good cause.

• @barbara  Mar 1

I've done my single contribution; now how 'bout the other 2,299 of you? C'mon. Songs!!

• @cnidaria  Mar 1

Looks like we passed the song count from last year, so at least there's that!

• @oneslowtyper  Mar 1

It's not much, but I added one more to the pile:
    http://fawm.org/songs/88758/

• @quork  Mar 1

194 to go. Me thinks it’s down to the wire.

• @timfatchen  Mar 1

http://fawm.org/songs/88941/ I shouldn't, but I have.

• @ductapeguy  Mar 1

A little over 2hours to go and sing count at 11437. 83 or so to go.

• @elliottlawrence Mar 1

I'm on the edge of my seat here! So close!!!

• @cairobraga Mar 1

just posted three more real placeholders, one of which I'm actually demoing right now to unlock in the next hours.

we have less than 15min to go and we need 14 songs, come on, FAWMily!

• @elliottlawrence Mar 1

AHHHHH IT HAPPENED!

• @skittycat  Mar 1

Woohooo! Well done fawmers!
    I so wanted to be able to add a last minute placeholder but my brain was blank. I didn't feel I could stick up a placeholder in good conscience without at least half an idea

• @cairobraga Mar 1

WE DID IT, FAWMILY! WE DID IT!

• @brrrse  Mar 1

I added 2 placeholders - one I am putting up as soon as it renders and the other I will write in a few hours.

We really did it?

• @roadreg Mar 1

Yup, we really did it!

• @sapient  Mar 1

WOO-HOO!!!
    Well done everybody!
    We win! 😁

• @cairobraga Mar 1

also, congrats to @johnstaples for that gorgeous officially last song.
    love to all my FAWMily around the world 😘😘😘

• @brrrse  Mar 1

congrats to all of us - I have all kinds of emotions about this - Look at what can be accomplished if people respect each other and give what they can. Oh that the whole world worked like FAWM. What makes us so special - what makes us so kind and human? I am in awe.

• @plainwhitetoast  Mar 1

@brrrse - I think William Wonka said it best...
    "We are the music makers. We are the dreamers of dreams."

• @wistah  Mar 1

Wow. By 13 songs. Narrowest of margins.

• @johnstaples  Mar 1

Pretty damn impressive! You are all amazing!!!

• @ductapeguy  Mar 1

Hooray. That is one impressive community stat. In my house I am pleased as punch. My count is 19 and @sebscorner got 12 on his first FAWM around the block (while maintaining honors marks in grade 12). Yay us.

• @oneslowtyper  Mar 1

HOLY CRAP... WE DID IT!!!
    And every individual effort helped to just barely put us there. I really didn't think we had a chance, but I should never doubt the ability of the finest group of people the internet could ever assemble!

• @tcelliott  Mar 1

Yesterday when this thread was posted I figured it was a pipe dream. I was wrong. Although I am wondering if getting four hours or less of sleep was really the right decision.

• @klaus Mar 1

Yes, @johnstaples I'm sure we are all very impressed. Especially by that last song. 😞 I really don't know how you did it because I posted mine 15 seconds before closing time. Duh, I suppose you posted yours later. πŸ˜€

Anyway I feel that now I have to take some credit for reaching the escape velocity. You see normally I don't post placeholders at Fawm. But now I posted seven. I did it just because of this thread. So at least half of the credits go to ME, darnation! RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!!! πŸ˜€

• @vomvorton  Mar 1

Hmm, did we really hit escape velocity if it was only due to placeholders for songs that don't actually exist?

Maybe the fact that my brain is asking questions like this is why I can't have nice things.

• @skittycat  Mar 1

@vomvorton wel I guess that just means those placeholders have to be filled before the end of the day with legit songs πŸ˜‰
    Chill, kick back. We did it 😁

• @metalfoot  Mar 1

I wrote an entire album under an assumed name last night in order to help things out. No music yet but you can safely assume the music component will be added ASAP.

• @tcelliott  Mar 1

Also a new record for collaborations in a single Fawm according to the link in the op. That's pretty darn impressive, too.

• @spinhead  Mar 1

@mikeskliar I'm working through the Mystery Account's songs. Impressive stuff for a last minute effort. Well done, laddie.

• @mikeskliar  Mar 1

@spinhead - thanks!!!! enjoy! before i formally link up those songs to my 'regular' account, lets see if anyone else guesses it (which isn't hard!)

• @tiller2  Mar 1

Well done! It's like Roger Bannister breaking the 4-minute mile. Or actually like he stopped a bit short and said, "it's obvious that I can do it; I'll fill in the final 100 yards tomorrow" 😁

• @cynthiawolff  Mar 1

Thanks to this thread!!!! It was a little extra kick in the pants in the final hours..
    You all rawk...xxxc

• @treble  Mar 1

@postcardhelicopters I know from experience that too much computer time can cause agony eyes. If you aren't using one already, get a blue light filter. I have them on my computers, phone and tablet and what a relief! There are a lot of free apps. Take care!

• @vomvorton  Mar 1

The song count has fallen from 11536 to 11529 in the last three hours. Tense times!

• @spinhead  Mar 1

Now THAT'S like Bannister crossing the finish line, then eyeing it cautiously, taking a step or two back . . .

• @tesla3090  Mar 1

Yeah, for some reason the song count seems to drop slightly after FAWM ends, so we might be falling back into the gravity well...

• @yam655 Mar 1

Wow. Hitting FAWM escape velocity with just nine songs over when all was said and done...

I'm happy I was able to do my part. That's one person's nine tracks, or three people's three tracks, or nine people at that last skirmish, squeezing out that last track.

It took all of us to make it happen.

Congratulations to us all! It was a magnificent FAWM!

• @siebass  Mar 1

Just enough to kiss space then fall back to Earth πŸ˜€

Great job, everyone!

• @brrrse  Mar 1

'scuse me while I kiss this guy! πŸ˜€

• @anothersideof Mar 1

so I (I being mike skliar) created an alter-ego account and wrote five songs (four of them with music and demos posted) under the name 'anothersideof'.. I was kind of half-saluting the 1964 bob dylan album 'another side of bob dylan' and then decided to riff on versions of the actual song titles- didn't get to do the whole thing, but did get five of em up there! (which helped to get escape velocity, of course)
    http://fawm.org/fawmers/anothersideof

• @mikeskliar  Mar 1

yeah, what Mike says, uh, I say, above πŸ˜€

• @siebass  Mar 1

well played

• @carleybaer Mar 1

The count is now at 11,521. Please tell me that's as far as it's gonna fall, it would be so cruel to have achieved escape velocity and then have it taken away.

Didn't there used to be a sidebar on the home page that kept track of how close we were to escape velocity?

• @spinhead  Mar 1

Math note: escape velocity is 11,521. At 11,520 we have only achieved orbit.

So, that.

• @johnstaples  Mar 1

@carleybaer, Escape Velocity is an event...it happened...something else might happen with the song count but that matters not! At the closing bell of FAWM 2018 we had surpassed Escape Velocity! Cast that s%$t in stone!

• @carleybaer Mar 1

@johnstaples that's what I wanted to hear!! (Especially the last bit) I never thought escape velocity was a possibility. Leave it to this awesome community to achieve the impossible. Well done, everyone!

• @izaakalexander Mar 1

What! What! ... My gravity song seems even more poignant. My display reads 11521... that is a lot of songs.

You placeholder people have an obligation!

We should all stick around and get some listening done now, eh?

It'll take a solid month.

• @brrrse  Mar 1

The count at close of FAWM was 11,533. Some people removed their placeholders once they saw we had surpassed EV and their place holders weren't needed? I saw it so I can say - we did pass it. What happened after that like @johnstaples said matters NOT.

• @devin  Mar 1

Fantastic result, must be our best collective song count yet?

Super-human effort from a lot of folks... kudos for the sprint!

Too bad hard science doesn’t accept pledges or promises... but I bet we get it next year. Let’s fire this thread up early next Feb, and make it our mission to put things well over the top!

• @spinhead  Mar 1

@johnstaples Sounds right to me.

• @tcelliott  Mar 1

Re: Dwindling song count. It happens every year. I always assumed a couple of people wanted songs off the site after the challenge was over. And it usually happens pretty darn quickly... just like this year.

• @sheilerk  Mar 2

I'm with @johnstaples . The official count is at the closing bell. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!! And, @devin, that's just what we need to do!

• @darcistrutt  Mar 2

Awesome to know we hit the magic number! I’m one of those 2 minuets or less song writers but listened to many WAY longer... Thanks for this thread that let us know we crossed over!

• @mardeycranbleson  Mar 2

Now we're just one over. I don't care if it drops below I still consider the goal reached!

• @devin  Mar 2

I'm sure with some early focus and commitment, we can solidly reach the goal next time! Let's fire up the cause in January 2019 to create awareness & momentum.

• @adforperu  Mar 2

To be fair, I don't think we need to worry about the above really. Burr works on an average song being 3.5 minutes, but let's be honest, the average for FAWM is going to be much lower than that I would have thought. It's just a bit of fun and a nice thought though! πŸ˜€

• @devin  Mar 2

True... we would need to add up the actual times of songs posted to be accurate. Then bumping up the song count with placeholders wouldn't skew the metric. I'm sure there's a way to calculate and track all that, but with limited development $ being generated, I'm grateful for the (awesome) functionality that we do get!

We would still need to "guesstimate" how many minutes a posted lyric represents, as many great songs are made based on words only.

I'm in love with the idea of making music faster than it can be listened to... that's a great concept.

• @vomvorton  Mar 2

We would also need the ability to tag multiple collaborators to be added, as at the moment all the four-track collabs, corpses etc. have resulted in multiple entries for the same song (I know that's not a trivial bit of FAWM-development though!)

I love the idea of actually hitting FAWM escape velocity but for now I'm happy to celebrate the song count / collab-total records that we did actually achieve this year and aspire for even better next year!

• @adforperu  Mar 2

Ok, next year I'll take one for the team - press record on 1st Feb, and stop 28th Feb. Upload. Maybe stick a tiny bit of reverb on there, make it listenable.

• @tcelliott  Mar 2

@adforperu Would that be one super long track?

• @sapient  Mar 2

Nice one, @adforperu. Better raise the tech support ticket now:

Dear @ericdistad, I want to post a song please. It's just a single MP3... Can I have 60Gb of hosting storage please?
    kthxbai 😁

• @adforperu  Mar 2

Of course @tcelliot.. though I've just realised that, since you go on averages, it would be assumed 3.5 minutes long! Sacrilege!

@sapient - ah yes, there is that... it'd probably be best that I burn it to a few CDs (504 to be exact) and pass it round to anyone that wants to listen

• @tcelliott  Mar 2

@adforperu - Sounds like a killer project. But it's hard to "win" with just one song. On the bright side, the average song length would get extended quite a bit. Maybe the 3:30/song average we assume would be closer to reality.

• @devin  Mar 2

In the toasty warm afterglow of FAWM, I somehow wonder if setting a goal of 100 songs next Feb is achievable. My best to date was 34 (back when @burrsettles wanted us to reach 14,000 songs before a SXSW talk). I know others have done far more, and I've seen some impressive lyric monsters break the 100 barrier.

Anyone else naive enough to discuss a 100-song FAWM effort in 2019? It's far enough away that I don't see it as a problem...

• @spinhead  Mar 2

@adforperu Restart the recorder each morning. 28 songs, 24 hours each. And the reverb, of course.

• @klaus Mar 3

@devin Clean them up...how?

• @devin  Mar 3

@klaus Folks would need to unlock the songs so we can hear them.

If a song is locked for private reasons (totally understandable), then we can assume thensong is there, just not ready to be shared. I’ve written sensitive stuff at times that I didn't want to share too... I get that.

If songs are posted and locked as a placeholder for folks to go back and write a song later when they have time (in March), then it’s gaming the system.

I don’t know if people have decided β€œI have until the end of the weekend to fill in these blanks”.

The point may be moot, as I see the song count has dropped below escape velocity now.

We need an enthusiastic plan for next year!

• @klaus Mar 3

@devin, I know you mean well. But to add a screenshot to make your point...which is based on an assumption only. You are not RESPECTING SOMEBODY'S AUTHOR-ITY! πŸ˜€

• @barbara  Mar 3

I tend to lean more toward the stickler-ish side of things, but I tried to lighten up on this particular effort. I posted one last complete song, but also added a placeholder for an idea that was floating still in my head. Seems like there were two things going on, with different goals and senses of accomplishment at stake. One was just to motivate a group to make a thing happen. And that worked. A goal was set, and folks stepped up. That is worth celebrating if just for the teamwork aspect of it. In these political times, it's important to have faith that a mass of individuals can cause something, imo. But on another note, there is the matter of whether we actually created enough music to fill a month of listening. And that stated goal has been going on for far longer, and will only be meaningful when it is accomplished in actual fact. So, I see both as coexisting, but they don't MEAN the same thing.

• @mkd  Mar 5

@tiller2 @spinhead Felt slightly freaked yesterday when I heard of Roger Bannister’s passing after he’d been used as an analogy here! I’m sure his dying and the Espape Velocity of FAWM are not entwined, but still... ... ... 😳

• @quork  Mar 5

I was guilty of putting placeholders in, which I subsequently deleted. I wasn’t trying to game the system. I had well developed lyrics and chord progressions but ran out of time to fnish and demo them. I was also caught up in helping achieve escape velocity and hitting 14. I thought about posting lyrics only, but in the end just pulled those placeholders. If I upset any folks or broke the unwritten FAWM rules I apologize.

• @ianuarius  Mar 5

So, there are currently 66 placeholders.

It's 5th of March.

So, that puts the total song count at 11,445.

But give it March Album Writing Month and maybe we can get somewhere?

• @fuzzy  Mar 5

Of course none of this will be an issue next year as I plan to write 10,000 FAWM songs myself.

• @ianuarius  Mar 5

@fuzzy that's a relief. Then I don't have to write any.

• @songsville  Mar 5

@fuzzy ... leaving you 54 minutes a day to sleep/eat/etc. assuming you are creating (and posting) live in real time.

Slacker! πŸ˜€

• @barbara  Mar 5

@mkd
    I was struck hard by that coincidence as well!

• @tiller2  Mar 5

@mkd I'll admit I had to google Bannister's name before I first commented, and then the news of his death did startle me. His achievement was mythic (as well as real), as our use of it illustrates. RIP.

• @songsville  Mar 5

@tiller2 @mkd @barbara I resonate too, having read Roger Bannister's autobiography and have actually run on the track in Oxford he broke the record on. Maybe we should write a song in four minutes as a tribute ... a FAWMinute Song ... πŸ˜€

• @tiller2  Mar 5

Great idea @songsville because it would require a comparable effort of intensity and purpose. It would be better if we could post it as a skirmish (hmmmm actually thinking about doing this. Okay, join in, anybody! http://fawm.org/forums/topic/8457/ ).

• @tcelliott  Mar 5

@quork - If you had a lyric and melody and chord progression (or some other combination) and just hadn't gotten a demo done then they should fully count. A locked song title/placeholder would be more than appropriate.

I think that most people bristle a bit at a title being "placeholder for some future song" where there isn't a lyric or a chord progression but just an idea.. an idea that isn't fleshed out enough to even have a title.

Personally, I feel it's a self challenge. If you think it should count then it counts. If you feel it doesn't then it doesn't. After all, you're only cheating yourself. The caveat is that in a challenge like this one "escape velocity" it does start to effect how others perceive the challenge.

• @spinhead  Mar 5

@mkd I have a friend who seems to have a negative effect on rock stars. Every time someone dies he says β€œHey, I just saw them last night/week/month!” So we told him to stop going to concerts.

• @klaus Mar 7

Maybe @burrsetles came up with this EV idea to encourage us to post more. It's a shame if a Forum Thread has the exact opposite effect.

And considering that Roger Bannister went and died because of this, it's even a bigger shame. πŸ˜€ We should create songs, not kill people and certainly not kill their enthusiasm.

Help/FAQ says to post at least titles, but in practise there are lot of placeholders with silly and/or improbable titles. Are they legitimate or not? I can't tell. But I can be a reasonable person and respect everybody's author-ity and keep the good spirits of Fawm alive.

@tcelliott I so agree about "caveat".

@quork I'm sorry to hear you deleted your genuine placeholders. It's a loss for everybody. 😞 Next time you know.

• @quork  Mar 7

@klaus
    Thanks for your sympathy, but honestly, once the weekend passed and I hadn’t worked on any of them I figured I would be satisfied with what I had finished by the end of the month.

• @klaus Mar 7

@quork Sure, I can understand that. I did nothing but sleep during last weekend. But now you don't have the chance to work on your placeholders if and when you feel like it, in Fawm.

I'm not only being sympathetic. Email me your best gloomy placeholder song ( lyrics and music ) and anti-Klaus might demo it for you.

• @ductapeguy  Mar 7

It was sure nice to get there, even if it was fleeting. Next year escape velocity and stable orbit... πŸ˜€

• @yam655 Mar 7

I wanted to note about falling song count...

This year, I posted 15 albums that had 14 tracks each as single postings. They counted as "single songs" but had I split them up, they would each count as 14.

We achieved escape velocity. If we want to be sad about the fall-back number, feel free to count the 195 songs I didn't split out in my 43+ minute #actually-an-album postings.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...