Looking for whispered sentences

Skip to the bottom

• @erikleppen Feb 23

For weekly challenge 3 (Conversation), I want to do an ambient, mysterious, atmospheric song with whispered 4-syllable phrases. Each syllable is 1/8 note duration, in a tempo of somewhere around 100 - 130 (whatever's a comfortable speech tempo). In the rhythm I have in mind, alternatingly the 4th and 3rd syllable are stressed. So the first phrase is "da da da DA" and then the second is "da da DA da" and that pattern repeats.

I know it's rather specific, but would anyone be willing to record about 25 to 45 or so of those little phrases? Topic, meaning, message are yours to pick. They can form a story, or be loose fragments, whatever suits your liking 😀 If you want 2 or 4 sentences to form a central theme and be repeated as a sort of chorus, I'm fine with that too.

Drop me an email to erikleppen (at) dds.nl if you're interested. I can send you a short sample of the music I have so far if you want.

Any language is OK. I'm all for non-English lyrics, but English is just as fine too of course. 😀

• @erikleppen Feb 24

OK, Instead of waiting for others to help me do what technically I could do myself, I picked up the courage and took the dive trying to do myself what I had in mind. So I'm not in need anymore...

I found it pretty scary to do it myself, but this is the third time this month that FAWM makes me try things out of my comfort zone. But I hope retracting collab requests like this isn't frowned upon. I haven't had replies though, so I don't feel I have let down anyone. But I'm not sure this is the way things go on the forums. Thanks anyhow to all who have read the post and considered joining 😀

• @fuzzy  Feb 24

I think that at this point in the month people are frantically trying to get their own songs written, so don't take it personally.
    Good for you for doing it yourself - FAWM is all about pushing boundaries and trying new stuff.
    Welcome to FAWM!!

• @erikleppen Feb 24

Oh, no I didn't take it personally, @fuzzy. 😀 And thanks!

• @sheilerk  Feb 25

That's very cool that you took the bull by the horns and stretched yourself. I love that about FAWM.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...