FAWM Army Assemble! (crowd vox needed)

Skip to the bottom

• @mdavisto  Feb 18

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

I'm recruiting a crowd to sing an "ohhhhh" line on the chorus of a song. If you'd like to participate, download the backtrack here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x91zv17rs57...

The part I need help with is (clearly) the piano line. It would sound rather fantastic as a crowd.

You can send me your take, in whatever format, to david.beukes@gmail.com. MP3 is fine. WAV is fine. Hell, 3GP is fine.

HOWEVER. Given that there has been much hoohaah this year about collaboration, please be aware that you'd be doing this for Naches only. If it ends up release-worthy, I will of course credit all participants, but, no buckets of cash will be forthcoming. I'm happy to sing a backing line on your thing, though, with the same expectation (ie nowt).

If that sounds cool to you, please sing along. You may find it helps to wave a lighter in the air while you record, to set the mood.

Thanks guys.

• @mikedebenham  Feb 18

Mmm, nachos. Count me in.

• @mdavisto  Feb 18

Pffffft. Silly man. 😁

Thanks @mikedebenham, it'd be an honour to have you on.

• @dutch1967 Feb 18

Like Flynn... I am in.
    Will download backtrx in a minute
    Any particular intervals? Deadline?

• @darcistrutt  Feb 18

I’d love to oooo-along. I’ll give a listen later today!

• @stillforever Feb 18

Ooh, I'm in too 😁 Love a good ooh.

• @skittycat  Feb 18

I'll have an ooooh toooooo 😁 x

• @mdavisto  Feb 18

@dutch1967 Thanks so much, man!

@darcistrutt, @stillforever, and @skittycat You guys are awesome. It's mostly Ohhhs, though, not ooohs. Wait, I've written down the lyrics. It goes like this:

Ohhhhh
    Ohhhhh
    Ohhhhh
    Ohhhhh

My god I'm a lyrical genius.

• @mdavisto  Feb 18

Crap, I forgot a line.

Ohhhhh.

• @skittycat  Feb 18

Okie dokie I've had a listen (very lovely btw 😀 )
    Do you want us to join in with each instance of the "oh oh woh oh oh" then? Following the same tune with the piano and vocals?
    You want it recorded dry or with reverb?
    Enquiring minds need to know 😉

• @oddbod  Feb 18

sent you an email

• @mdavisto  Feb 18

@skittycat Yes please, just follow the piano (ie just the ohhs, not the sing outs). Same tune.

If you want to take a jog round the houses and harmonise, you can, but please put it in a separate file. There's a strong likelihood that I'll simply toss the harmony, though, because with a large number of voices, plus strings, plus bass, plus drums, it's going to be a teeny bit hellish to mix just as is - so, only do harms if you can deal with me callously tossing them aside if I need room.

In terms of FX, dry as a bone, please, because once I've assembled the gang, I'll treat it all with one verb. Don't worry if your room isn't top notch. Mine is shit.

Thank you so much for joining in!

• @mdavisto  Feb 18

@oddbod You're a legend.

• @sherrycanary  Feb 18

Will Check it out!

• @darcistrutt  Feb 18

I've sent you an MP3 - hopefully the right Oh's...

• @leah0k  Feb 19

Oooh is it too late to join? This is a beautiful composition!! Would a WAV file work or no?

• @mdavisto  Feb 19

@leah0k, it's not too late, please do. I'll only be uploading this song towards the end of FAWM, partly to give more time for me to recruit, and partly because it'll be neat to go out on something hopeful.

• @mdavisto  Feb 19

@darcistrutt you're the bestest. Thank you for taking the time.

• @oddbod  Feb 19

@mdavisto not my finest work but it was a bit hurried as I had to go out. BTW, sounds intriguing and (dare I say) a bit boy-band-ish 😁
    Do I get to be in the video looking far off into the distance with the wind blowing in my hair, wearing expensive togs?

• @mdavisto  Feb 19

@oddbod yes, totally, with very tight, shiny pants, and Elijah Wood's brow from all 3 Lord of the Rings movies. You know, the eyebrows permanently fixed in quizzical agony. Makes you look deep or whatever.

• @mdavisto  Feb 20

Bump for visibility (sorryyyy). Still soliciting ohhhs. @bradbrubaker, how about it? @jamesstaubes, @shortdan, @lhcisco, you down?

• @lhcisco  Feb 21

I'll see what I can doooo.

• @cairobraga Feb 21

I'm down to do it, but can only do it tomorrow since it's already past 22h here. is that okay, @mdavisto?

• @roadreg Feb 21

I'm no expert at singing oh's, but this seems interesting and hopefully I'll be able send something your way tomorrow!

• @mdavisto  Feb 21

@cairobraga Thanks for being willing, and yes, you have time.

@roadreg it really doesn't have to be perfect at all, because crowd. Thanks for your help

• @shortdan  Feb 21

Sorry for the delayed response @mdavisto! I could help if you need anything still?

• @mdavisto  Feb 22

@shortdan yes please!

• @rustyp  Feb 22

Hi @mdavisto  I sent you a file. 😀

• @mdavisto  Feb 22

Many thanks @rustyp, you're a star.

• @paulhenry  Feb 23

I'll see what I can do. Might be my only work this year.

• @mdavisto  Feb 23

@paulhenry that'd be awesome.

• @mdavisto  Feb 23

Guys lookit my mixer!

• @oddbod  Feb 23

Mine's bigger than yours...

• @roadreg Feb 23

Sliiightt problem. I may have lost my voice from this cold. Well, mostly. I could probably get it to you this Sunday, but if that's too late then just continue!

• @mdavisto  Feb 23

@oddbod now I have performance anxiety.

@roadreg Sunday will be just fine. I'm pretty sure this will be the last track we do this FAWM.

• @oddbod  Feb 23

@mdavisto TMI

• @oblivionratula  Feb 23

Sent. 3.5MB zipped wav. Enjoy my crappy oooohs!!!

• @oblivionratula  Feb 23

THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BE OHHHHHHHS?? AHHHHHHHHH!

• @mdavisto  Feb 23

@oblivionratula you loon 😁 They're great. Thanks for participating.

• @paulhenry  Feb 24

Okay, one piano chorus of "Ohs," or "Oooohs"? Sent zipped.

• @roadreg Feb 25

Alright - I've sent it to you via email. WAV format. Sorry it's late!

• @zecoop  Mar 11

Too late?

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...