Anyone up for a Texas FOP?

Skip to the bottom

• @ballyhoot  Feb 13

Just want to gauge interest in a Texas Fawm Over Party(FOP). We did one last year at Kick Butt Coffee in Austin on Airport Blvd. They let us use their stage and equipment for free during the day and we just just took turns playing our FAWM songs, then all joined in at the end to perform the “exquisite corpse” song we had built together during fawm.

Anyway, what’s the interest in doing it again? I can try to get KBC on board again if everybody is cool with that. Date wise, I’d lean toward Saturday March 24 (post-SXSW).

So far, the following FAWMers have signed on:

@brownium
    @valeriecox
    @jacobeverettwallace

Anyone else? Other thoughts/suggestions?

• @brownium Feb 14

@ballyhoot - Looking forward to it!

Here are some of the people who chimed in as Texans who might also be able to join?

@jamkar
    @bri4n
    @pjchristie
    @smoothy
    @mleverette
    @mychaleg

• @mleverette  Feb 15

I would totally drive down for that but I can't March 24th. I have a school thing that day...wait! I might be able to go that evening... 😁

• @tseaver  Feb 15

Dang, I'd almost be willing to fly back home for that, but I have a hard commitment that day.

• @brownium Feb 15

@mleverette - we'll keep it going all night, if that's what it takes to get you there.

@tseaver - c'mon! Nothing is too far from Austin!

• @brownium Feb 15

By the way - here is the TexquisiteCorpse we did last year. This was recorded as a normal corpse, but we played it live, on stage during the FOP last year. Everyone (or, at least many of us) got up for the rousing finale!

http://brownium.com/media/audio/Texqu...

I believe the contributors were:
    @valeriecox
    @cnidaria
    @ballyhoot
    @jacobeverettwallace
    @helenseviltwin
    @brownium

• @brownium Feb 15

PS - didn't someone get some video of the FOP up on Youtube or something?

• @ballyhoot  Feb 15

Yeah I had a few video clips. I posted a link on the other Texas thread. Let me find it and I’ll post it here, too

• @tseaver  Feb 15

@brownium I'd be coming from Fredericksburg - - Virginia, that is. Not impossible, but I would likely need to work in a visit to my folks in Ft. Worth, at least.

• @ballyhoot  Feb 18

So time to get serious: go/no go for contacting kick butt coffee and setting this up?

And Are we going to try to make a new Texas corpse? If so, we need to start sooner rather than later.

• @brownium Feb 19

@ballyhoot - run with it, dude. You get the venue squared away, I'll create a separate thread and manage the Corpse.

• @brownium Feb 19

Here's the thread for the corpse: http://fawm.org/forums/topic/8259/

• @ballyhoot  Feb 20

So I had something really important to add to this discussion. Wait, no I didn’t. This is just a shameless bump.... 😀.

• @ballyhoot  Feb 23

FYI, I have send a request to kickbutt coffee to let us use their stage and equipment again for this years texas fop. Still waiting to hear back from the owner.

• @ballyhoot  Feb 26

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say that I don’t think a texquisite corpse is going to be written this year.... The FOP can still go on as planned, though I still haven’t heard back from kick butt coffee.

• @ballyhoot  Mar 1

I still haven't heard back from Kick Butt Coffee about using their stage and equipment for the date and time we have requested, so I'm going need to follow up with the. However, before I go through that trouble, I'd like to get a little firmer buy-in from people. There were a few people who said they were interested in coming to perform, and a couple of others who said they'd come to at least watch, but then nobody participated in the Texquisite Corpse or even responded when I asked if people were going to do so. It may be that the thread just got buried beneath the avalanche of more active threads, but still... The lack of other voices has made me uncertain regarding the viability of this event.

So.... If you are serious about coming to the Texas FOP on the 24th, let me know, including whether you intend (or would be willing to) perform.

@valeriecox
    @jacobeverettwallace
    @brownium
    @tseaver
    @mleverette

• @ballyhoot  Mar 1

Oh, also:

@klyn
    @bri4n

• @jacobeverettwallace  Mar 1

Sorry about the Texquisite Corpse... life kinda did its thing.

But yeah, I'm in for the 24th anywhere in Texas. I believe my buddy @tpthehouse will come as well. And possibly my brother @siege.

• @brownium Mar 1

I'm in for 24th, and I'll put a second half to the corpse if you want to send it along.

• @ballyhoot  Mar 1

@brownium , if you wanna give it a go and don’t mind being able to hear the whole piece, it’s here: http://fawm.org/songs/85392/

• @tseaver  Mar 2

@ballyhoot I'm afraid a trip to Texas this month is not on the cards. Too bad, as I would have enjoyed it a lot.

• @ballyhoot  Mar 2

@tseaver thats too bad but understandable. Thanks!

• @roy  Mar 4

I'm interested too, though I'm not sure I could pull off any of my songs live... maybe. Is this just for live playing/jamming?

• @ballyhoot  Mar 4

Hey @roy, would be great if you could come. Last time, it was primarily acoustic guitar and vocals but yeah live performance. How would it work otherwise? I’m open to other possibilities. Could you do something live with a keyboard?

• @ballyhoot  Mar 5

Good news! I finally heard back from the owner of Kick Butt Coffee and he is fine with us taking over their stage and using their equipment on Saturday, March 24, from 1:00 to 5:00 pm. In fact, he's already put us on the calendar. So mark it on your calendar and let's make it happen!

@brownium
    @valeriecox
    @jacobeverettwallace
    @roy
    @mleverette
    @tpthehouse
    @siege
    @klyn
    @bri4n
    And anyone else in the area or anyone who wants to come to the area who I may have forgotten....

• @jacobeverettwallace  Mar 6

Awesome!

• @brownium Mar 7

Coolio - see you all there. I'll try to get a second half of the mini-corpse done before then!

• @ballyhoot  Mar 17

Don’t forget Texas FOP next Saturday (24th) at kick butt coffee in Austin Texas. Come to chat, come to play music, come to listen! Also, for those who are coming, anybody have a decent camera we can use to shoot video of everybody? The one I used last time wasn’t that great and kept turning off.

• @metalfoot  Mar 24

Pinging @mleverette

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...