Zanny crazy songs

Skip to the bottom

• @defaultdave  Feb 12

Have you written or come across a song that is just bonkers?
    Post them here!

Had a song turn into a carnival ride from hell, so made me think to ask.
    The Scourge: http://fawm.org/songs/81618/

• @tuneslayer2018  Feb 12

My life is zany crazy songs. When I was little -- like, before I was in kindergarten -- we had two stacks of 45 RPM records ( had access to. (Remember those?) One was straight-up popular music of the day. The other consisted of things like Homer and Jethro's "How Much Is That Houn' Dawg in th' Winder" and Spike Jones' "I Used To Work In Chicago." Guess which set made more of an impression.

And that's before I discovered that there were more Allan Sherman records in the library than just the one with "Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah" on it, or before our 10th grade English teacher introduced us to Tom Lehrer, or before I discovered the Doctor Demento show.

Not everything I write is off the deep end or even funny. But the influence is there.

• @defaultdave  Feb 12

@postcardhelicopters I have no idea what I just listened to, but I like it!

• @unkept Feb 13

Well I had a bit of a bizarre song construction idea, and @pinky took me up on it!

I made a simple choir backing track in C Major at 120bpm, we both received that track and recorded our own vocals to it. The idea was that we might make music that would be compatible, mixable, but with no idea what the other person might do.

Once I received Pinky's files I chopped his and my vocal tracks up, threw away the backing track, and made it into some strange vocal collage. lol

http://fawm.org/songs/81326/

• @srcoops Feb 13

Senior Pickup
    Involves two people my age (81) or so trying to hook up

• @tunecat  Feb 14

I think all of mine are a bit bonkers. I mean, I'm interested in the experimental side of things.. mm would love to connect with others here who like oddness. Hoping you guys will help.

• @tallmarkmusic  Feb 14

I honestly think all of my songs are a little crazy... But after listening to the first post's song, I'll try to work on something even more manic.

• @bking  Feb 14

What a great day for this post to show up. I had one fall out of the sky this afternoon.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...