Give & take drum tracks from fellow FAWMers - all styles welcome!

Skip to the bottom

• @freebeats  Feb 8

If you click on this username, you will find a profile with some drum bed tracks, free for anyone to use before & after FAWM.

Over the past few weeks, a few folks have said "getting drums done is a challenge for me during February".

In an effort to help out, and to spur some extra creativity, a handful of drum tracks have been deposited on the @freebeats song page.

Our hope is that others will create/donate a few tracks as well. Simply collab with @freebeats and it will show up in the list. If you do this, please state your expectations of copyright and distribution clearly in your song's information spot.

Any files uploaded by @freebeats have the statement that you can do whatever you want... but other folks "donating" have their right to make things available as they see fit.

If you need drums, come check things out. We hope people get a few more songs out of it!

• @nuj4x Feb 8

I'll make you a standard 128bpm EDM drum set

• @freebeats  Feb 8

That would be sweet... many folks here would love to play with that, I'm sure! Go ahead and collab with us to get it to show on the master list... and update your copywrite and distribution expectations in the song info @nuj4x !

• @nuj4x Feb 8

@freebeats - I don't need any copyright stuff. I'll just make a free drum beat for people to use.

It doesn't always have to be about money and literally anyone who really wants to make a drum beat, can.

I'm just pretty decent with EDM stuff and the FAWM community has been amazing to me so far....so I'm happy to give back to them and make them a phat EDM drum beat if they want a phat EDM drum beat ๐Ÿ˜

• @freebeats  Feb 8

Thatโ€™s the spirit @nuj4x !

Just make sure you state that on the song page, so people know where youโ€™re at, and then they can dive right in to the fun stuff ๐Ÿ˜€

• @davidhendricks Feb 8

This is a good idea, I've got a fully figured backing track available, it's on my page, but I'm going to do some more. Maybe I should start a page of their own?

• @fuzzy  Feb 9

This idea sounds intriguing.
    I will check it out, thanx.

• @heuristicsinc  Feb 9

I like live drum tracks. Since you say: "Simply collab with @freebeats and it will show up in the list" - meaning that if we use a track in a derivative work, that we shouldn't mark you as a collaborator?

• @johncrossman  Feb 9

I've always wanted a free drum beat, but every year under the Christmas tree... toys and electronics and other junk. It's not overstatement to say you are making all my childhood dreams come true.

• @scottlake  Feb 9

I have the drums for Arctic Monkeysโ€™ Arabella programmed and available on my bio page. So far only @stevenwesleyguiles has made use of them, in a mangled sort of way. If you use it, hit me with a collab. It took me a long time to program them

• @freebeats  Feb 9

@davidhendricks How many do you have/plan to have?

If you have a bunch of tracks that are basically done (instrumentation), then probably best to have a separate spot for them (but we'll put a pointer on our page too to drive traffic in case that's the ticket for other FAWMers)... but if it's just drums, maybe some light instruments, then link to us and we'll keep them all in one spot.

@heuristicsinc We are providing these arrangements without needing to be put in a collaborators (unless you want to!). For these tracks, we don't consider the work we did to be as defining as someone's lyric, or melody, or lead instrument melody (think Joe Satriani or the sax line in Jerry Rafferty's "Baker Street"). On our FAWM artist page we said that it's all yours, and we'll even sign a musician's release if you want to put the resulting song to noticeable use.

• @freebeats  Feb 9

@johncrossman You should do something about those dreams of yours. Perhaps start with a square bottle? ๐Ÿ˜

• @freebeats  Feb 9

@scottlake Can we put a pointer on our page, so folks swinging by are aware of your work? We'll just send them your way, so you can explain the deal... or collab with our page to increase visibility but retain control?

That *is* a bit of work!

• @sapient  Feb 9

Yup. What @devin said.
    These tracks are simply there for you to have play with. Use them as-is, or chop them up, or play them backwards, or run them at double speed and make crazy chiptunes. It's all good!
    Just have fun! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• @scottlake  Feb 9

@freebeats yes that is cool for you to do that. Hey @zecoop what you got this year? You started this!

• @zecoop  Feb 9

@scottlake - I had a slight medical detour in my FAWM the last few days but I'm definitely hoping to record a couple on my drum set for everyone!

• @devin  Feb 9

Psssst: @sapient ! Stop using our real names, and put on a disguise or something! This was supposed to be a secret mission!!

Because, obviously, thereโ€™s another crazy duo running around making metal & rap beats. Thatโ€™s gotta happen on other forums too, right?

• @sapient  Feb 9

@devin What? No... I wasn't, um, admitting to anything. No. No me. I was merely cheering on those fine, upstanding @freebeats chaps, whoever they might be...

• @karan  Feb 9

@sentense, have you seen this? ๐Ÿ˜

• @sentense Feb 9

Not yet ๐Ÿ˜

• @mikeskliar  Feb 9

used the freebeat rock drums (or the first minute or so of it, repeated) for this --- http://fawm.org/songs/80994/

• @devin  Feb 9

I'd hit "like" on @mikeskliar 's post, but I can't... so I did something even better... I went to enjoy his tune and left a comment.

First blood on @freebeats has been drawn! Who's next? Gotta be some skirmishers willing to put one in their back pocket, just in case you are handed a title like "I Dropped a Box of Old Dynamite" or something along those lines...

• @man Feb 11

Second blood, right here! I used "Country Drum Track 01 - Free to use"

on my "Help Yourself":

http://fawm.org/songs/81783/

Thanks for the drums!

• @devin  Feb 11

What a great song @man! That is really well done... so glad you created this one!

• @sapient  Feb 11

@man Let me second that from @devin. That's a cracking song right there! Bet those @freebeats guys will be happy to know that their Drumtrack has been used so well ๐Ÿ˜‰

• @freebeats  Feb 13

And check out someone else's page called @freebackingtracks as well... a growing page of drums and instruments waiting for folks to write even more songs. Great stuff!

• @alamous Feb 20

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ejvzdm0vjoj...

There's a 4 bar drum loop made with an old Casiotone 601 that was lying around in the studio. It's about 127 BPM. Recorded through a cool Sebatron Tube preamp pretty hot so there's some nice roundness and saturation. @spirulence helped by cleaning an annoying electric buzz out of it!

• @heuristicsinc  Feb 28

I used one of them here:
    http://fawm.org/songs/87679/
    Thanks for the drum tracks!

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...